What was your Robotech.com user name?

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

And look at that? No response. Well I guess that answers my question, now time for a drink <3

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 4 months ago #24397

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

LadyGrimes wrote: And look at that? No response. Well I guess that answers my question, now time for a drink <3

Hey let's play drinking game! Every time he doesn't answer that question, we drink!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 4 months ago #24398

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: And look at that? No response. Well I guess that answers my question, now time for a drink <3

Hey let's play drinking game! Every time he doesn't answer that question, we drink!

Well in that case RIP our livers

7 years 4 months ago #24401

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

LadyGrimes wrote:
Okay I can understand that, but you've outright said that you have no interest in finishing The New Generation so how is that fair to get upset at people for spoilers over something you refuse to watch?

I'm not upset, but a downside of internetfora and Wikipedia can be spoilers (a reason why I visited them less and less over the years). Most people active here are likely to be fans for decades, but every once in a while, someone who is new at Robotech will search for information on it. With lack of new material, he or she will could end up on the one or two remaining fan sites. Why spoil the end of storylines for newcomers?
7 years 3 months ago #24660

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:
Okay I can understand that, but you've outright said that you have no interest in finishing The New Generation so how is that fair to get upset at people for spoilers over something you refuse to watch?

I'm not upset, but a downside of internetfora and Wikipedia can be spoilers (a reason why I visited them less and less over the years). Most people active here are likely to be fans for decades, but every once in a while, someone who is new at Robotech will search for information on it. With lack of new material, he or she will could end up on the one or two remaining fan sites. Why spoil the end of storylines for newcomers?

Well I thank you for finally answering my question, but if new fans join the site I'd like to think they'd be smart enough to avoid the discussion threads if they contain spoilers and instead create their own.

And from now on I will be sure to tag spoilers in any of my new threads lol

7 years 3 months ago #24662

I try to avoid it myself - for instance by adding 'spoiler alert' when I started that discussion on 'disappointed in the way Macross Saga ended'.

The Palladium forum has a few very funny topics. One of them involved thinking of funny situatins within the series. Unfortunately, one of those comments spoiled a big part of how #37 ended when I was still at #30 or 31....

I actually did my best not to read the posts involving the later sagas, but alas!
7 years 3 months ago #24664

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Happy New Year to everyone.

Regarding spoilers, it definitely does kill the joy of watching something when someone gives away plot points or ending.

In the case of Robotech, its a very old series, so many old time fans assume that there is nothing to spoil when posting on a thread.

Its a catch 22.

Or in this case, Protoculture 22. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Peter Young
7 years 3 months ago #24705

Yesterday I watched a documentary on actress Judy Dench. Outside the Uk, most people only know her as 'M' since Bond-movie 'Golden Eye'.

It mentioned most of her career, as a Shakespeare actress, in British television sitcoms and at some point, movies as well. It mentioned the two sitcoms she became famous for in the UK, without saying anything about the premisses of those series.

Yet for some reason, the makers decided not only to describe the story of 'Skyfall' but also to reveal the two most important plot developments regarding her character in that film.

Doesn't really bother me - I keep my Bonds limited to Sean Connery and Roger Moore - but I wonder why no one during post-production considered dropping that from the final cut. It's not the end of the world, but it's still inconsiderate.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Peter Young.
7 years 3 months ago #24839

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Peter Young wrote: Yesterday I watched a documentary on actress Judy Dench. Outside the Uk, most people only know her as 'M' since Bond-movie 'Golden Eye'.

It mentioned most of her career, as a Shakespeare actress, in British television sitcoms and at some point, movies as well. It mentioned the two sitcoms she became famous for in the UK, without saying anything about the premisses of those series.

Yet for some reason, the makers decided not only to describe the story of 'Skyfall' but also to reveal the two most important plot developments regarding her character in that film.

Doesn't really bother me - I keep my Bonds limited to Sean Connery and Roger Moore - but I wonder why no one during post-production considered dropping that from the final cut. It's not the end of the world, but it's still inconsiderate.

Never understood the appeal of Bond, sorry not sorry. He just seems like a major Gary Stu tbh.

Now Austin Powers on the other hand, that's a much better character. Yeah baby :kiss:

7 years 3 months ago #24840

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Peter Young wrote: Yesterday I watched a documentary on actress Judy Dench. Outside the Uk, most people only know her as 'M' since Bond-movie 'Golden Eye'.

Because 'Murica!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 3 months ago #24842

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds