What was your Robotech.com user name?

• Rick Botland
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

What was your Robotech.com user name? was created by Rick Botland

Robotech.com may never return user accounts, so if you had an account on that site, what was your user name and rank?

Me? I was Rick Botland. I created an account on Robotech.com on Feb. 16, 2001, the day it was launched on February 15, 2001. I was a master chief sergeant and almost a lieutenant after I logged in every day for years and completed all the polls and trivia since it started. I never really got on the forums much, but for those who did, I'm starting this topic in case you know someone.
8 years 7 months ago #21375

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

SIGHUP
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 7 months ago #21376

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

MEMO1DOMINION
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 7 months ago #21379

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Carl on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

"Gelin_Carl". Figured I'd keep it simple this time and just call it Carl. :)

EDIT: I regged my Robotech.com account way back in 2001 so I've been failry active.
I Just reached "Master Chief Sergeant" before the forum was taken off. Not sure what those ranks did though. But still. :)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Carl.
8 years 7 months ago #21380

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

:P B) deepspace55
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ds55.
8 years 7 months ago #21383

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

YEAH, SAME HERE. KEPT IT SINCE THE GET GO. THOUGHT LURKED FOR FIRST FEW YEARS TILL SOME OF US DECIDED TO MEET IN 2002 AT ANIME EXPO. SINCE THEN MEET MANY FANS WITH THEIR HANDLES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 7 months ago #21386

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by Sinn on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

My user name is the same as the one I am using now: Sinn. I created my account back in February 2001... wow, how the years fly by. If I remember correctly, I think I had a rank of "Master Chief Sergeant." Even though I didn't submit any fan art I was fairly active in the sci fi, movies, and animated forums. Had some really great discussions regarding Star Trek, Star Wars, and Marvel vs DC. I was really looking forward to debating the merits of Batman v Superman.

A lot of the Old gang was really a bunch of good people that came from all walks of life. Its a shame that our little family was shut down in the name of corporate greed. I hope that most of them find there way here. It would be great to reconnect again and finish the arguments ... sorry, I meant to say, the discussions we had regarding why Disney/Marvel owns Warner Bros/DC. :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 5 months ago #23962

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Maybe we'd get more traffic to the site if we called it robotechxxx
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 5 months ago #23965

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Alpha Bravo wrote: Maybe we'd get more traffic to the site if we called it robotechxxx

Then we'd have to have Shadow Chronicles titters all over the site. I think that would scare people away.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 5 months ago #23968

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic What was your Robotech.com user name?

Sinn wrote: It would be great to reconnect again and finish the arguments ... sorry, I meant to say, the discussions we had regarding why Disney/Marvel owns Warner Bros/DC. :evil:

How about restarting some of discussions here? I wasn't member of the corporate forum (by the time I got interested in Robotech, the forum did not seem to be used a lot any more. Besides, reading about the complicated relationship between HG and the fans - AB, LG: NOT intended as invitation to rant again - gave me the impression that the company would not allow every opinion on their own site), so these discussions would be new for me.

Particularly that discussion on how almost every entertainment company seems to have ended up in the hands of just two or three corporations seems interesting. Can't help feeling that those huge blocks kil off true competition and therefore creativity. Which might explain the declining line since the turn of the millennium...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 5 months ago #23976

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds