so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Glad you're feeling better too.
Sadly I ate like crap when I was sick so that didn't help me to feel any better. Ugh I really gotta change my diet up, especially since too much sodium and sugar triggers my migraines.

I changed to a crap-free diet several years ago after a surprise cancer surgery and I don't miss the crap

Cancer? Holy shit that sucks :( sounds like you made the right choice for yourself though. I've already quit smoking about a year ago. , not just for myself but for my birds too. Their respiratory systems are a lot weaker and it could kill them so I gave it up completely. Still get cravings here and there unfortunately. I wasn't even smoking straight cigarettes, they were this really cheap brand of filtered cigars that are even worse. After I stopped I hacked up black crap for days. It was disgusting

And I haven't been diagnosed with any cancer or anything but let's just say I do have a lump that is being monitored. I'm supposed to go in every 6 months for ultrasound. Yay :S

But yes I am definitely working on eating less crap. The best way to not eat it is just not to buy it, period. That crap is killing us slowly.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 10 months ago #22700

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

LadyGrimes wrote: Cancer? Holy shit that sucks :( sounds like you made the right choice for yourself though. I've already quit smoking about a year ago. , not just for myself but for my birds too. Their respiratory systems are a lot weaker and it could kill them so I gave it up completely. Still get cravings here and there unfortunately. I wasn't even smoking straight cigarettes, they were this really cheap brand of filtered cigars that are even worse. After I stopped I hacked up black crap for days. It was disgusting

And I haven't been diagnosed with any cancer or anything but let's just say I do have a lump that is being monitored. I'm supposed to go in every 6 months for ultrasound. Yay :S

But yes I am definitely working on eating less crap. The best way to not eat it is just not to buy it, period. That crap is killing us slowly.

Stop eating fast food, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, even Subway. There's all sorts of flavors and preservatives in all of it. Then try to find substitutes for your groceries that don't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Oils, or GMO ingredients such as sugar, corn, canola oil, soybean oil. Yeah those are in literally everything. One ray of sunshine, if it says "cane sugar" that is the good kind. if it just says "sugar" that is from GMO sugar beets. And of course avoid artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, etc. Get some veggie wash soap that breaks down pesticides on your fruits and veggies. And finally, if it says non-GMO and/or Organic on the label, that's a plus. Those don't mean the same thing, so if it says both that's double plus.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 10 months ago #22702

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Cancer? Holy shit that sucks :( sounds like you made the right choice for yourself though. I've already quit smoking about a year ago. , not just for myself but for my birds too. Their respiratory systems are a lot weaker and it could kill them so I gave it up completely. Still get cravings here and there unfortunately. I wasn't even smoking straight cigarettes, they were this really cheap brand of filtered cigars that are even worse. After I stopped I hacked up black crap for days. It was disgusting

Stop eating fast food, McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, even Subway. There's all sorts of flavors and preservatives in all of it. Then try to find substitutes for your groceries that don't contain High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated Oils, or GMO ingredients such as sugar, corn, canola oil, soybean oil. Yeah those are in literally everything. One ray of sunshine, if it says "cane sugar" that is the good kind. if it just says "sugar" that is from GMO sugar beets. And of course avoid artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, etc. Get some veggie wash soap that breaks down pesticides on your fruits and veggies. And finally, if it says non-GMO and/or Organic on the label, that's a plus. Those don't mean the same thing, so if it says both that's double plus.

Wow thank you, that's some very helpful advice. As it stands I barely eat fast food anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon cause for the most part I try to cook for myself. I stay away from red meat too so its just chicken for me which I buy in bulk and freeze. I know I can improve my diet its just going to take a lot of self discipline on my part.

But for me the hardest thing to give up would be the soda pop. I drink coke every day cause I'm addicted and prefer my caffeine carbonated. Weird I know. I have cut down on how many I drink though, but basically what happened is after I quit smoking I started drinking more coke to try and alleviate those cravings. I used it as a substitute, same thing when my doctor cut me off percocet completely because I became addicted to it. I would start drinking coke whenever I was strung out over not having any pain killers, which ironically I became addicted to because of an injury to my back LOL

Pharmaceutical drugs are killing us too btw. And more than any street drugs if you can believe that. I avoid pill pushers like the plague now. Too many bad experiences. What I'm amazed by is the fact the FDA allows us to put this shit into our bodies in the first place. But I guess as long as it doesn't kill us instantly it's okay. :S

7 years 10 months ago #22704

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

LadyGrimes wrote: Wow thank you, that's some very helpful advice. As it stands I barely eat fast food anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon cause for the most part I try to cook for myself. I stay away from red meat too so its just chicken for me which I buy in bulk and freeze. I know I can improve my diet its just going to take a lot of self discipline on my part.

But for me the hardest thing to give up would be the soda pop. I drink coke every day cause I'm addicted and prefer my caffeine carbonated. Weird I know. I have cut down on how many I drink though, but basically what happened is after I quit smoking I started drinking more coke to try and alleviate those cravings. I used it as a substitute, same thing when my doctor cut me off percocet completely because I became addicted to it. I would start drinking coke whenever I was strung out over not having any pain killers, which ironically I became addicted to because of an injury to my back LOL

Pharmaceutical drugs are killing us too btw. And more than any street drugs if you can believe that. I avoid pill pushers like the plague now. Too many bad experiences. What I'm amazed by is the fact the FDA allows us to put this shit into our bodies in the first place. But I guess as long as it doesn't kill us instantly it's okay. :S

Pharmatech is big business and big $$

Soda Pop is one of the worst things you can drink. This extends to sports drinks like Powerade, and energy drinks like Red Bull or whatever. All ingredients lists on any product are listed in order from most-of to least-of. If you look at the ingredients on any of the above, the main ingredient (top of the list) is always High Fructose Corn Syrup. That is artificial sugar sludge chemically created from GMO corn. It's by far the worst thing you can put into your body. (Gatorade is okay, incidentally)

When I was an over-the-road truck driver, I used to drink sooo much Powerade. Then I got kidney cancer at age 32. Go figure, right? They took out my kidney, and a "football sized mass" of cancer that had tendrils reaching to my pancreas, spleen, and liver. They expected to take parts or all of those, and also expected me to not survive the proceedure. If I did survive, life would be pretty sucky afterwards.

Well fortunately we caught it just in time, because although it had reached those organs, it hadn't attached to them, so it all came out with the kidney. But it had grown that big after what doctors estimated to be a year, perhaps year and a half. I just thought I was getting the middle age pot belly. Well that was 8 years ago so I'm already beating the survival odds. If you see me in the store or walking down the street you wouldn't even think anything was wrong with me. The surgery itself though left me physically disabled, in the sense that my stomach muscles are a preherniated jigsaw puzzle of scar tissue, and I'm not supposed to lift, push, pull, or carry anything... and those are all the things that I am good at! You'd be amazed at how much you rely on your stomach muscles. I couldn't even blow my nose for 6 months.

I've got a bunch of tumors in my liver now, but some radiation at the beginning of this year seems to have slowed or killed them, even though they didn't shrink any. A PET Scan would tell us more about that, but my insurance coverage won't approve of it. They're probably mad enough that I get a CAT Scan every 3 months.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 10 months ago #22706

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

yeah i am changing my diet too, gradually changing it to a modified mediterranean diet.
this kind of diet can also stop cancer and alziemers also.

alot of foods can cause discease, sugar is the main one. :)
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
7 years 10 months ago #22707

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

NOT LAUGHING AT YOU GUYS.

JUST FINISHED VOLTRON. PRETTY GOOD. STILL NOT INTO THE CHARACTER DESIGN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
7 years 10 months ago #22709

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Wow thank you, that's some very helpful advice. As it stands I barely eat fast food anymore. Maybe once in a blue moon cause for the most part I try to cook for myself. I stay away from red meat too so its just chicken for me which I buy in bulk and freeze. I know I can improve my diet its just going to take a lot of self discipline on my part.

Pharmatech is big business and big $$

Soda Pop is one of the worst things you can drink. This extends to sports drinks like Powerade, and energy drinks like Red Bull or whatever. All ingredients lists on any product are listed in order from most-of to least-of. If you look at the ingredients on any of the above, the main ingredient (top of the list) is always High Fructose Corn Syrup. That is artificial sugar sludge chemically created from GMO corn. It's by far the worst thing you can put into your body. (Gatorade is okay, incidentally)

When I was an over-the-road truck driver, I used to drink sooo much Powerade. Then I got kidney cancer at age 32. Go figure, right? They took out my kidney, and a "football sized mass" of cancer that had tendrils reaching to my pancreas, spleen, and liver. They expected to take parts or all of those, and also expected me to not survive the proceedure. If I did survive, life would be pretty sucky afterwards.

Well fortunately we caught it just in time, because although it had reached those organs, it hadn't attached to them, so it all came out with the kidney. But it had grown that big after what doctors estimated to be a year, perhaps year and a half. I just thought I was getting the middle age pot belly. Well that was 8 years ago so I'm already beating the survival odds. If you see me in the store or walking down the street you wouldn't even think anything was wrong with me. The surgery itself though left me physically disabled, in the sense that my stomach muscles are a preherniated jigsaw puzzle of scar tissue, and I'm not supposed to lift, push, pull, or carry anything... and those are all the things that I am good at! You'd be amazed at how much you rely on your stomach muscles. I couldn't even blow my nose for 6 months.

I've got a bunch of tumors in my liver now, but some radiation at the beginning of this year seems to have slowed or killed them, even though they didn't shrink any. A PET Scan would tell us more about that, but my insurance coverage won't approve of it. They're probably mad enough that I get a CAT Scan every 3 months.

Holy crap I literally have no words. That's just horrible. You are VERY lucky they caught it so early, too bad the surgery left you with more problems though. That's kind of what my back injury did to me, limiting what I can or cannot do. I have a herniated disc which causes my migraines, sciatica, random spasms, and other problems I don't want or need. So yeah I'm disabled too because of it.

But your story reminds me of a neighbor who lives in my building. He used to be a truck driver too and would drink like 4 of those 2 liter bottles of coke or pepsi every day. Now? He's diabetic and had to have part of his left foot removed. I always feel bad for him when I see him and we chat in the elevator sometimes. But yeah I can already see just what kind of damage those drinks can do to us. I think if I wasn't addicted it would be easier to give up, but you know how addictions go.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote: NOT LAUGHING AT YOU GUYS.

JUST FINISHED VOLTRON. PRETTY GOOD. STILL NOT INTO THE CHARACTER DESIGN.

I was just kidding ofc :lol: BTW what did you think of the MSF of FTWD? Do you think Daniel is really dead?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 10 months ago #22713

i drink lemon water, well ive started too.
mixed with some stevia.

red meat it ok once and in awhile, but salmon or tuna is good once a walk.
avoid eating night shade vegetablea alot alos like tomatoes or peppers, rotate eating them every 4 days :)

oh yeah avoid eating corn also.
dark colored veggies are good,

i'll give you a list later on.

#Biden not my President!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ds55.
7 years 10 months ago #22716

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

ds55 wrote: i drink lemon water, well ive started too.
mixed with some stevia.

red meat it ok once and in awhile, but salmon or tuna is good once a walk.
avoid eating night shade vegetablea alot alos like tomatoes or peppers, rotate eating them every 4 days :)

oh yeah avoid eating corn also.
dark colored veggies are good,

i'll give you a list later on.

Corn just goes right through us anyway. I drink a lot of cranberry juice too and Coconut milk because I'm lactose intolerant.
I'm sad that means no ice cream :(

7 years 10 months ago #22721

Yep ice cream big no no :blink:

#Biden not my President!
7 years 10 months ago #22724

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds