The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

jeanie wrote: Now, now... Some of my favorite people are Scotts.... :P

I cannot be in the same room with a television playing and NOT watch it. Throwback to my childhood, I reckon, when the dang thing was not on unless we were watching it. Someone else started watching the show and I got sucked in. Gimple probably would have successfully run her off if it wasn't for her crazy aunt coming over every Sunday and taking her hostage.

Not a fan of the zombie genre in general. Yet here I am, nuts about a zombie show. (Strangely enough, I'm also not a fan of vampires but Dracula is my favorite book.)

You're right there are some good Scotts and it's wrong to let a few spoiled apples ruin the whole batch.

When it comes to TV with me I need to be interested in what I'm watching or else I change the channel. And because of that I am mighty picky.
However I've always been a zombie movie buff, so when TWD was announced as a TV show I was uber excited. Although it's the characters I became invested in and not the zombies. And it seems to be that way for a lot of fans of the show. Some horror critics hate the series because of the drama. I guess they expected to see people getting eaten every single episode.

And sadly it's one of the reasons some people won't even give the show a chance. They think it's just about zombies when it's really about survival and humanity. It's odd that some people would pass on TWD because of its violence and then watch a more violent series like GOT.

BTW if it wasn't for the success of TWD then GOT would have never gotten made as a series. HBO passed on TWD because they were afraid it would fail, but then after it became a hit on AMC HBO wanted GOT for their network. You're welcome GOT fans!

Although you can't argue about the decline of quality once Negan was introduced, and it seemed as though Gimple and co were anxious to hurry up and get to his introduction because of his popularity in the comic. Which I might add there is big difference between comic Negan and TV show Negan. In the show they amped him up to be a lot more sadistic which has actually hurt his chances of being redeemed even though AMC is going ahead with the planned redemption arc anyway.

In the comic Negan was basically a foul-mouthed bully who is actually pretty funny. But his foul mouth had to be toned down for the show so they tried to make up for that by making him more sinister. I still prefer comic Negan btw and his redemption arc made a lot more sense. But because Rick has been written out of the show we aren't going to see the glorious moments of those two bonding during the whisperer war. Shame!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
5 years 1 month ago #26982

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Yeah, I know a lot of people ask me why I watch "that zombie show" and I have to explain it to them. Sometimes they even get it.

I think if anyone can pull off Negan's redemption, it'll be JDM. (Not that certain fangirls think he needs redeemed - apparently being a hotty excuses being a sadistic meglomaniac.) For me, Michonne nailed it when she said "We've done bad things, but we didn't get off on it." Negan's obvious pleasure in the things he did is what really made me hate him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
5 years 1 month ago #26983

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

jeanie wrote: Yeah, I know a lot of people ask me why I watch "that zombie show" and I have to explain it to them. Sometimes they even get it.

I think if anyone can pull off Negan's redemption, it'll be JDM. (Not that certain fangirls think he needs redeemed - apparently being a hotty excuses being a sadistic meglomaniac.) For me, Michonne nailed it when she said "We've done bad things, but we didn't get off on it." Negan's obvious pleasure in the things he did is what really made me hate him.

Well it's a good thing amc didn't change his character entirely and kept his weakness for kids since he never had any of his own. He liked and respected Carl and it appears to be the same with Judith. So I could see the redemption arc work out because of those scenes of them alone. Though I hope we still get the scenes with Negan and Alpha from the comic as well as Beta whom he calls Frowny Mctwoknives in the comic and Jolly Green Giant because of how big he is.

There is a lot of potential there so I hope the show doesn't pass on it like they've done with the last two seasons.
Btw if you like reading good fanfics of TWD two besties of mine are really great writers and have written some excellent fics. I highly recommend their stories.
Here's the links to their FF.net pages
www.fanfiction.net/u/646235/Rapscallion7780
www.fanfiction.net/u/63048/Sassy-Lil-Scorpio

5 years 1 month ago #26984

I'll check out those fanfics when I get time to read them.

I do like that Negan's a softy for the kids. I agree with you, they should use that as a vehicle for his redemption arc. As much as I hate him, I do believe anyone can be redeemed. True repentence and all that jazz.

I wrote a TWD fan fic but only shared it, I think, to the TWD group I was in at the time on FB. "The Walkers of Alexandria".
5 years 1 month ago #26986

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: I'll check out those fanfics when I get time to read them.

I do like that Negan's a softy for the kids. I agree with you, they should use that as a vehicle for his redemption arc. As much as I hate him, I do believe anyone can be redeemed. True repentence and all that jazz.

I wrote a TWD fan fic but only shared it, I think, to the TWD group I was in at the time on FB. "The Walkers of Alexandria".

Negan definitely comes across now as a changed man so I can see it.

Also you should tell me more about your fic I like that title. I've written a few myself, one of which I'm trying to track down on the forum it was posted because I'd like to salvage it. I never finished it either.

5 years 1 month ago #26987

It's about a family named Walker who are found by Aaron and taken back to Alexandria shortly before Rick's group show up. It's written from the POV of one of the teen daughters.
5 years 1 month ago #26988

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: It's about a family named Walker who are found by Aaron and taken back to Alexandria shortly before Rick's group show up. It's written from the POV of one of the teen daughters.

That's actually pretty clever giving them the last name walker. Now I'm curious to know what happened with this family, meaning you must share the details lol!

The fic I wrote took place before the time jump after Carl had gotten shot in the eye and was taken to the infirmary. It mainly dealt with Rick Grimes and him coping with his son being in a coma. It also focused on the other characters and their concern for Rick but also their concern for rebuilding Alexandria.

And since I love Rick and Michonne as a couple I definitely had to include more building towards their would be relationship, such as Michonne watching over Carl when Rick wasn't there.

Once I find that fic I'll post it on FF.net.

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by LadyGrimes.
5 years 1 month ago #26989

I'll have to re-read it even to give you details. Last time I wrote on it, Negan was still on the loose!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 1 month ago #26993

Why in the name of all that is holy can't people let Daryl be single?
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 1 month ago #26996

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: Why in the name of all that is holy can't people let Daryl be single?

Same reason they can't allow any character to be single. Shippers are the worst when it comes to this. Now Daryl is being shipped with Connie.

It's gotten to the point that if character A has interaction with character B then it must mean they are meant to be!
I honestly do not understand these people.

But other than that the last two episodes have been solid. The Daryl VS Beta fight was awesome.

5 years 1 month ago #26999

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds