The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

jeanie wrote: Yeah that's the kind of crap I keep seeing. Magna didn't see Michonne pick up a kid when she looked in the window, she saw Michonne pick up an invisible kid! As if Magna wouldn't go tell her group "We gotta get outta here, lady in charge is effing wacko".

And Carol asked about him, just playing along with the delusion. Yeah, that's real in character!

This is why I choose to keep myself at a distance when it comes to fandoms, especially this one. I have witnessed some of the most delusional shit from TWD fandom than I have from any other that I personally know of.
But from what I gather, some of this is just willful ignorance; meaning they do it to piss off other fans, especially those who are happy that their favorite couple became canon. I've seen all kinds of petty shit on both tumblr and twitter. Especially back in Season 5 and 6 when Jessie was introduced. Fans of the Rick/Jessie pairing started attacking the Rick/Michonne fans and vice versa, and I saw the same shit happen with Daryl/Carol and Daryl/Beth.

Not to mention Beth is a minor so that pairing was just disgusting in the first place. But the worst of that came afterwards when Beth was killed during the midseason final of season 5. That's when the real insanity started and so called Beth fans started behaving all delusional saying that Beth could have survived a bullet in the head. Oh and because there was no visible funeral it meant she could still be alive. These people came up with all kinds of ridiculous theories as to how Beth was alive and coming back soon. But of course all this nonsense was perpetuated by the Daryl/Beth fans.

Like I said before I don't know of another fandom that has been this nutty.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by LadyGrimes.
5 years 1 month ago #27014

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

I just think they're funny.

The Daryl/Beth thing bothered me for other reasons than her age... sort of. People insisting he was closer to her age than Carol's was what annoyed me. As if nobody is immature into his forties! And there was the whole thing with Axel - he was a perv, but it was okay for Daryl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 1 month ago #27015

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

jeanie wrote: I just think they're funny.

The Daryl/Beth thing bothered me for other reasons than her age... sort of. People insisting he was closer to her age than Carol's was what annoyed me. As if nobody is immature into his forties! And there was the whole thing with Axel - he was a perv, but it was okay for Daryl.

Yep that was the blatant hypocrisy that annoyed me too. Axel was considered a perv because he wasn't as attractive as Daryl. That's what it came down to.
Also those same fans kept saying that Carol is like a mom to Daryl even though they're closer in age. I was like well gee, I don't know any mom who would ask their son if they want to screw around, like she did at the beginning of Season 3 after they found the prison. Those people are weirdos.

5 years 1 month ago #27016

Daryl is to the voluntarily celibate fan what Aaron is to the gay fan. Same people applauding the show for Aaron are insisting Daryl needs some sex. Hypocrites.

Carol knows he ain't interested and likes to tease him a little. I love their relationship, it defies labeling!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 1 month ago #27017

Hey I found "Walkers of Alexandria". Nothing's happened since the end of season seven!
5 years 1 month ago #27021

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

That's good to hear, got any plans of sharing it sometime? I looked for my old fic and as it turns out the forum it was posted on got deleted. I forgot the owner wanted to call it quits.

5 years 1 month ago #27023

PM me your email and I'll send it to ya
5 years 1 month ago #27026

Or.... would it be acceptable to post it here? Under this forum?
5 years 1 month ago #27031

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: Or.... would it be acceptable to post it here? Under this forum?

You can post it in this thread if you like.

5 years 1 month ago #27032

It's pretty long. Don't wanna hijack the thread.
5 years 1 month ago #27033

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds