The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

LadyGrimes wrote: Well TWD is no longer the series I originally fell in love with, its devolved into shitty writing and cheap ass CGI that reminds me of syfy original movies.

Showrunner Scott Gimple has single handedly fucked up the story by deviating too much from the comic and inserting his original garbage that can only serve as filler!!!!!

But the real reason I am salty is because of the half assed written death of Carl Grimes! That's right AMC killed off Rick';s son who was the beacon of hope for Rick and the future all because actor is now eighteen and they didn't want to pay him as an adult so they told him his character was getting killed off two weeks before his eighteenth birthday!!! How fucking shitty can you get AMC?

And this happened after the actor was informed his character would have three more seasons at least, so what the fuck? I am so done it's not even funny.

I can't believe they would fuck up the series like this, its unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

At least we still have Preacher! And American Gods, when is that coming back?
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
6 years 4 months ago #26440

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

American Gods and Preacher <3

Well I'm not sure exactly I may have to do some snooping around to find that out. But if I were to make a good guess I'd say it's returning in the summer time.

In the meantime I'm enjoying the TWD shitshow since the majority of hardcore fans and casual viewers are spreading petitions trying to get Gimple fired. I've only signed one and ofc it's the one with the most signatures :D

I am forever salty over that. It's like the final ending of Dexter all over again!

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
6 years 4 months ago #26443

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

Okay reviving this after a long time because omg the show has actually improved for Season 9. Thank you Angela Kang for taking over from Scott Gimple, fuck that idiot and his bottle episodes.

Make The Walking Dead Great Again!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
5 years 5 months ago #26677

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well I just made a new post in this thread and when I hit submit the damn thing got swallowed

anyways in my post I was asking if anyone had any thoughts on Season 9 so far? Even with the lack of Rick Grimes. Does the show feel fresh? Do you think the Whisperers are the biggest threat to our survivors?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
5 years 4 months ago #26803

• Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walking Dead (TV series and comic discussion)

I think season nine has been brilliant! I almost feel sorry for the people who bailed on it during seasons 7 and 8, but only almost.
5 years 2 months ago #26913

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Season 9 has been a great improvement although it seems the future of the show is looking a bit bleak since cast member after cast member is leaving now.

First Andrew Lincoln, then Lauren Cohan, Tom Payne (Jesus) and now Danai (Michonne) is leaving after Season 10.

All in all I do like that Daryl has been treated better as a character, getting more lines and things to do. I do not see him as a replacement for Rick either which is good since he could never be replaced. The only real nitpick I have is that Rick should have just been killed off, because now they've made it look like he really does have plot armor.

I did like how Jesus died though, because it gave you the feeling that nobody was safe anymore just like in the beginning. It's unrealistic when every single character appears to be immune and its just the redshirts dying all the time.

5 years 2 months ago #26919

We don't know for sure about Danai or Lauren. Maggie isn't killed off so she could return (She probably will, frankly. Whiskey Cavalier looks to be crap.) Danai is only signed for one more season, but after that it's possible she decides to stay on.

I totally agree about Rick - that would have been an epically heroic way for him to exit the show! It's rather insulting to us fans that AMC pulled that ploy. Honestly, the only death on the show I'm really mad about is Carl - makes no sense any way I look at it. As a writer, WTF? As a viewer, WTF? As a fan of Chandler Riggs, WTF?

Angela Kang is doing an awesome job of fixing the mess Gimple made. I just hope she can keep it up, with so many big players choosing to leave the show.
5 years 2 months ago #26922

I officially hate Alpha. Maybe even as much as I hated Negan before he started this redemption arc.
5 years 2 months ago #26924

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: I officially hate Alpha. Maybe even as much as I hated Negan before he started this redemption arc.

It seems they have set her up to be the anti Carol where she was the abuser instead of her husband. This probably means we can expect some kind of major showdown between Carol and Alpha, especially if anything happens to Henry.

5 years 2 months ago #26925

Oh, I hope so. Carol is my absolute favorite.
5 years 2 months ago #26928

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds