Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

The extra precautions are worth it, they look really good.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16335

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

All fo you have inspired me to get robbed by one my LCS'. They have tons of RT old school stuff. It will give me something to do lol. Who needs a new apartment or car anyway lol.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16336

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

rtsurfer wrote:

The extra precautions are worth it, they look really good.

Thank you very much. Like MEMO said... I hate to see yellowing or discoloration on figures and I do everything I can to avoid it as much as possible. Now on rare stuff I have been know to purchase an item with some yellowing, but only if I can repair the damage using some special techniques... and even then I only keep the item until I find a better example. Like I said before.. I try to find the best examples to keep in my permanent collection.

Richardmvela wrote:

All fo you have inspired me to get robbed by one my LCS'. They have tons of RT old school stuff. It will give me something to do lol. Who needs a new apartment or car anyway lol.

Well that's good that you've decided to start collecting... but don't get "robbed"... start researching what you want to buy long before you buy. Check out prices on Ebay and through other means. That way you can be sure you're getting a good deal and you're not getting taken advantage of. I have waited years, watching prices and trends waiting for just the right time to buy. You may not have to wait that long, but just make sure you educate yourself before you buy. I hate seeing fans and true collectors get taken advantage of by some sellers. Especially on items that are plentiful.

Well enjoy the collecting and Happy hunting.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 11 months ago #16344

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Ok so I got in a new addition to my collection yesterday in the form of Scott Bernard's Blue 5 inch Alpha by Gakken. It's complete and in great condition. The only flaw I have found with it is one of the snaps under the head is broken, but it has the other and you can't see it. Aside from that the white is very clean and bright and it's joints are nice and tight. Now all I need to do is find a green gun and a shoulder mount for my Green 5 inch Alpha.

Here are my 6 Robotech Alpha's. The smaller's are the triple converters and the larger ones only convert to Guardian mode.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 11 months ago #16492
Attachments:

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Here are a couple of new additions to my collection.

These are Matchbox figures, one is A Bioroid Terminator and the other is a Micronized Zentraedi Warrior. Both cards are in excellent condition and both are UNPUNCHED!

12 years 11 months ago #16569
Attachments:

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Got a new toy for my collection this weekend. Really can't believe I snagged this one. Not in the best of shape compared to the others I have, but this is a great place holder.

Matchbox Max Sterling UNPUNCHED card.

12 years 10 months ago #17070
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

SWEEEEEET.

VERY NICE INDEED. :) GREAT FIND THERE MARK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #17080

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Here's a shot of one of my other shelves. This shelf has my Megahouse set, Rook's Red Alpha, and Ben Dixon's VF-1A.

Here's another Matchbox Carded Micronized Zentraedi Soldier UNPUNCHED. This is the second one I have and I was thinking of letting this one go. This was the first unpunched Zentraedi I got... and as I always say I'm always looking for the best... so as damn good as this one is... it was nearly impossible to find one in better condition. This one is ready to be graded.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 10 months ago #17191
Attachments:

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

That Zentraedi Warrior is an awesome pickup, MW! Very envious of you, indeed...I'm thinking about expanding my Matchbox collection...inspired by your additions...
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
12 years 7 months ago #17541

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

buffalostyle wrote:

That Zentraedi Warrior is an awesome pickup, MW! Very envious of you, indeed...I'm thinking about expanding my Matchbox collection...inspired by your additions...

Thank you, Yeah it was hard enough finding one carded unpunched Zentraedi Warrior... finding the second one was damn near impossible.

I'm glad that I could help inspire you to broaden your collection horizons. I wanted this thread to help show the diversity of Robotech collections so if even one person is inspired by this thread to start collecting or to expand their collection... Then this thread is worth it.

On the collection note... I just picked up a Masterpiece collection worth displaying and sharing. I picked up three alphas and three betas, blue, green, and red... I got a great deal on them and helped out a Robotech fan in the process. I'll have some pictures up tomorrow.

12 years 7 months ago #17548

Time to create page: 0.660 seconds