Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

ZorMaster, I want to buy more of your stuff lol.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16221

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 11 months ago #16270

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

I feel the same way Black, there's nothing new in my Robotech collection to brag about :(
12 years 11 months ago #16273

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

ps99041 wrote:

I feel the same way Black, there's nothing new in my Robotech collection to brag about :(

When it comes to NEW.... I suppose not... HOWEVER...

Considering how much vintage stuff is being unearthed now... There is so much stuff out there... Production cels, toys, comic art, etc etc... things you never knew still existed.. That's the kind of stuff I love finding.. Links to Robotech's past... There is always time for new Robotech stuff... but the original stuff from the past.. those things aren't being made anymore... and as they get absorbed into collections they can no longer be appreciated.

This is part of the reason why I made this thread to begin with. It was a place where we could share what we have... to show everyone things that can be found if you look. A place where pictures of items could be displayed so that all Robotech fans could enjoy them... So that precious rare original Robotech items won't disappear and end up lost to time... like so many other things have done in the past.

So please share... Share your pictures.. share your stories.. Keep Our Robotech history alive.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 11 months ago #16291

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

you're inspiring me to pull out my classic old toys but then my wife'll make me sell them.
12 years 11 months ago #16296

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Mark Warlock wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

When it comes to NEW.... I suppose not... HOWEVER...

Considering how much vintage stuff is being unearthed now... There is so much stuff out there... Production cels, toys, comic art, etc etc... things you never knew still existed.. That's the kind of stuff I love finding.. Links to Robotech's past... There is always time for new Robotech stuff... but the original stuff from the past.. those things aren't being made anymore... and as they get absorbed into collections they can no longer be appreciated.

This is part of the reason why I made this thread to begin with. It was a place where we could share what we have... to show everyone things that can be found if you look. A place where pictures of items could be displayed so that all Robotech fans could enjoy them... So that precious rare original Robotech items won't disappear and end up lost to time... like so many other things have done in the past.

So please share... Share your pictures.. share your stories.. Keep Our Robotech history alive.

HECK, I HAVE SO MUCH ROBOTECH MATERIAL THAN TOYS. CELLS, PRODUCTION WORKS, COMICS, ETC. ETC.

MORE THAN TOYS OF COURSE.

I SHOW ALL THAT AT CONS THOUGHT. FANS SURE LIKE TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY HAD THE STUFF WHEN THEY WERE KIDS.

THERE MANY HARDCORE COLLECTORS OUT THERE FOR THAT VINTAGE STUFF.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16300

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

Lads. Please don't misinterpret my blank post as an insult to the thread. I was attempting to post my latest purchases from my phone. When I got them up, Memo advised me that Macross purchases didn't belong in this thread, and removed them. I apologize for the confusion.
12 years 11 months ago #16302

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Lets Brag about our ROBOTECH Collections!

ps99041 wrote:

you're inspiring me to pull out my classic old toys but then my wife'll make me sell them.

Come on Man.. dig the stuff out.. let it breath... If you have an understanding and loving wife like I have... she'll let them be. I have a room dedicated to my collections... and as long as my stuff doesn't spill out into the rest of the house... my wife is fine with it.

Hell... she even helps me find stuff when we're out at garage sales, flea markets, or conventions..

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Lads. Please don't misinterpret my blank post as an insult to the thread. I was attempting to post my latest purchases from my phone. When I got them up, Memo advised me that Macross purchases didn't belong in this thread, and removed them. I apologize for the confusion.

Blackconvoy,

At first (as the OP) I intended this thread to be strictly about licensed Robotech items only, but by the time I finished writing the first post I went ahead and opened it up to Macross, Southern cross OSM, and Mospeada... so basically any thing from those three series that were related to Robotech...

So please.. if you have something awesome that fits in to that category.. post it...

Unless of course it is forbidden by site rules...

I'll have some new pictures up this week of some recent purchases.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 11 months ago #16306

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Mark Warlock wrote:

Blackconvoy,

At first (as the OP) I intended this thread to be strictly about licensed Robotech items only, but by the time I finished writing the first post I went ahead and opened it up to Macross, Southern cross OSM, and Mospeada... so basically any thing from those three series that were related to Robotech...

So please.. if you have something awesome that fits in to that category.. post it...

Unless of course it is forbidden by site rules...

I'll have some new pictures up this week of some recent purchases.

I'd love to Mark. But I think I'll pass. There is too much limitation in certain portions of the online world of Robotech for me to want to participate in. I guess openess is greeted with spite and maliciousness.

Can I tell a story?

A few years ago I went to "another site" to find a customizer to make me a strike cannon for my MPC VF-1S and Appendix. I found one who sold me the cannon, I built the base from scratch, finished it, and posted it on the "other site." Knowning that this site's members almost HATED all things Robotech/ Toynami, I posted my piece in a customizers thread.

They could have badgered me, deleted my post, my thread. Threatened to ban me. But they didn't. They commended me on my work, they appreciated my contribution to their community (to which nightmareb4macross still gets 80% of the credit.) And my post lived. That didnt happen here.

With that I post my latest Robotech addition. Robotech a-la "Do you remember love."

I don't mean to sound all soppy, but this is suppose to be my hobby. It shouldn't be segregated and policed.

File Attachment:

File Name: 5544373476...43_b.jpg
File Size:94 KB
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 11 months ago #16307
Attachments:

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mark Warlock wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Come on Man.. dig the stuff out.. let it breath... If you have an understanding and loving wife like I have... she'll let them be. I have a room dedicated to my collections... and as long as my stuff doesn't spill out into the rest of the house... my wife is fine with it.

Hell... she even helps me find stuff when we're out at garage sales, flea markets, or conventions..

My wife is fine with me buying the stuff but my townhome is running out of space which is why she wants me to sell some stuff if possible cause my 1 allocated toy room has expanded to our guestroom due to my AFA vintage Transformers. I'll throw something up eventually though :)
12 years 11 months ago #16308

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds