WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

ps99041 wrote:

Hard to give proof when nothing's really going on at the moment.

SO... GIVE PROOF THAT RLAM IS NOT GOING ON.

I love how the super optimistic fans ignore the part where White says it's not green-lit, fast tracked, or official and that he just saw a work in progress draft.

SO HE HAS SEEN WORK, PROGRESS AND WB IS LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR FOR A PROJECT THAT IS ABOUT TO BE READY...

HMM...

Most of the deals made by WB lately are most likely related to strengthening their DC franchises which appear to be their "tentpoles" at the moment so LAM won't be showing up for awhile if ever which means SR won't either.

UNLIKE RTSURFER AT LEATS YOU GIVE IT A TRY.. SO LETS SEE WHERE YOU AT WITH YOUR COMMENT...

1.Most of the deals made by WB lately are most likely

MOST LIKELY? ANYTHING RELATED TO THE RLAM? MOST LIKELY IS SPECULATION.

1.related to strengthening their DC franchises which appear to be their "tentpoles" at the moment so LAM won't be showing up for awhile if ever which means SR won't either.

WHICH APPEAR TO BE?
IS IT OR IS IT NOT. BECAUSE LAST I CHECK, WB IS STILL DEALING WITH OTHER PROJECTS OUTSIDE OF DC LICENSE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 months ago #14036

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

MEMO, its ALL speculation as WB isn't providing updates on the progress or lack of progress for RLAM and HG either isn't allowed to update the fans or doesn't have anything to update. Unless you have inside info we aren't privy to.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 months ago #14040

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WARNER BROTHERS, SAM RAIMI

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO, its ALL speculation as WB isn't providing updates on the progress or lack of progress for RLAM and HG either isn't allowed to update the fans or doesn't have anything to update.

HAHAHA.. YOU SHOULD HAVE READ MY FIRST FEW POST OF THIS THREAD WHERE I SAID I WAS SPECULATING AS WELL. DON'T KNOW WHY YOU THINK EVERYTHING I POSTED HERE IS FACTS AS "IT WILL BE" OTHER THAN USING THE INFO THAT IS ALREADY AT HAND TO DEBATE THE POSSIBILITY'S OF EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER OF AN OUTCOME OF WHAT CAN BE.

TO ADD:

WAS MY SECOND POST WHERE I POSTED THIS...

SPECULATION AHEAD:

A RE IMAGINE LIKE THIS... WOULD A FAN LIKE IT OR HATE IT? I MEAN IF THEY MADE THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE START LIKE THIS? SOUNDS CATCHY STORY AND ITS NEW.

AND I WOULD LIKE IT. JUST THAT... WHERE'S THE SDF-1? DO EARTH BUILD IT? AND INSTEAD OF YEARS YOU HAVE MONTHS?

THIS IS A GOOD WAY TO SHORTEN THE MACROSS SERIES.

Unless you have inside info we aren't privy to.

NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS. OF COURSE MAV AND OTHERS FIND CONNECTIONS BUT FOR ME THERE IS STILL THE MISSING LINK OF IT BECOMING A TRUE ROBOTECH MOVIE. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT WAS SAM RAIMI WHO FIRST CAME TO WB WITH EDF CONSIDERING THAT WB ALREADY IS LOOKING THROUGH OTHER MEANS FOR A RLAM.

I DON'T SEE A LINK BETWEEN THESE TWO TO CONNECT WB RLAM AND SAM RAIMI EDF.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 3 months ago #14043

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

rtsurfer wrote:

There is vague info that can be interpreted more than one way, yet your interpretations (speculation and opinion) are proof and others aren't. So from now on we all know that when you say proof you mean its just your speculation or opinion.

Someone should have told you the story of the boy who cried wolf.

SO YOU TELLING ME THAT Sylvain White READ "THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF" AND DECIDED TO MAKE EVERYTHING UP? SO ALL THIS TIME WB IS NOT MOVING ALONG WITH ROBOTECH AND WAS NEVER APPROACHED TO DIRECT (PAYING JOB) FOR A MOVIE THAT YOU SAY IS NOT GOING NOWHERE...

REALLY?..

OK

:blink:
13 years 3 months ago #14065

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

DANG... SORRY RTSURFER. WAS DELETING MY POST AND ACCIDENTALLY TOOK YOURS AS WELL.

MY BAD.

DARN COMPUTER FREEZE.
13 years 3 months ago #14067

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

^Accidents do happen, but as an Admin/Mod you have a responsibility to your board members to be careful how you handle your board as you have powers and privileges that regular members do not. Unless of course you don't care what other people think of your board and how its run.

I think the part accidentally deleted was this quote I re-quoted from a few post back in this thread
MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

LIKE I SAID. YOU WANTED PROOF. THERE IT IS. AND WHAT YOU SUPPLY AGAINST IT IS JUST SPECULATION WITHOUT PROOF. YOUR OWN OPINION. WHY I DON'T WORRY.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SO YOU TELLING ME THAT Sylvain White READ "THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF" AND DECIDED TO MAKE EVERYTHING UP? SO ALL THIS TIME WB IS NOT MOVING ALONG WITH ROBOTECH AND WAS NEVER APPROACHED TO DIRECT (PAYING JOB) FOR A MOVIE THAT YOU SAY IS NOT GOING NOWHERE...

REALLY?..

OK

No that wasn't what I was telling you.
First, I believe you missed the whole point of my boy who cried wolf comment.
Second, Sylvain White never said in either interview that WB is moving along with Robotech or that he was approached to direct. Here's the first interview in its entirety and the Robotech portion of the second.

WonderCon 2010: Sylvain White Approached To Direct Robotech Movie! Saturday, 03 April 2010

Awhile back, IESB had exclusively heard director Sylvain White was approached to direct the live-action film version of Robotech. If you'll remember, that's set up at Warner Brothers with former web-slinger Tobey Maguire producing (and possibly starring). So why didn't we run with that news-item immediately? Simple, we opted to wait for the right moment to strike...

Cut to earlier today, White was out and about at WonderCon to promote his latest The Losers along with the cast.

IESB point-blank asked White of the rumors for his directorial participation. He told our very own Gig Patta that he loves the series and yes, had been approached to helm Robotech.

IESB: Can you confirm or deny the rumors about Robotech?

White: (Laughter) What are the rumors?

IESB: That you are directing.

White: It's not a project is green lit. It's a great cult series. When it came out, I saw it in France when I was growing up - saw it in French. Its an amazing cartoon. I hope it comes to fruition. (Laughter)

IESB: So that's a yes? You are doing it?

White: I'm interested in doing it. The project is not fast tracked. There is no official thing. They sent me a draft and I liked it. It's a work in progress.

Q: Is it about the Macross saga?

W: It's the first generation.

IESB will keep you informed on any updates.

Director Sylvain White Interview - The Losers and Robotech Sunday April 25, 2010

You're rumored to be with Robotech. Is there anything going on with that?

Sylvain White: "No. I read a great script though, but that's all. I'm not involved in the project."

But it's something you're interested in if things turn out?

Sylvain White: "I grew up watching the cartoon and you know it's a project that I've always loved. So, but we'll see. It's at a very early stage at this point."

Now, before replying go back and read both again. This time only read the actual interview portions as the article's title and set-up has no sources, quotes, and is not supported by what he says in either interview. That makes it rumor, opinion, and/or speculation. The article is sloppy journalism and bad reporting. Only the interview is reliable and I've pointed out more than once what the interviews say and don't say.

As I suggested in my post that was accidentally deleted, can this thread now return to the original topic, Sam Raimi's EDF.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 months ago #14070

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI \"EARTH DEFENSE FORCE\", AND ROBOTECH

The only real facts that can be given regarding the Robotech movie is that there is no real substantial news out there. To us fans, that can go either way, optimistic or not so optimistic. However, in media, no news and vague speculatory news with no hard facts usually leads to more negative outcomes. I don\'t see how people looking at the project means the project is progressing. It doesnt\' mean that it isn\'t, but it doesn\'t say anything. I think there\'s way too much interpretation in some of the vague articles, but that\'s just my realistic look on it. If it happens, great...if not, oh well. It\'s not like one group is gonna be right at this point, and the other wrong depending on the outcome. There\'s just not any facts that says this project is moving forward, and none to say that it\'s dead.

As for EDF movie, anyone interested in having a group see it together?
13 years 3 months ago #14076

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

rtsurfer wrote:

Now, before replying go back and read both again. This time only read the actual interview portions as the article's title and set-up has no sources, quotes, and is not supported by what he says in either interview. That makes it rumor, opinion, and/or speculation. The article is sloppy journalism and bad reporting. Only the interview is reliable and I've pointed out more than once what the interviews say and don't say.

OF COURSE I KNOW BOOTH. CALLING IT SLOPPY DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM BEING A FACT AND THEN INTERVIEWED AGAIN.

IN BOTH REPORTS YOU HAVE THIS.
1.WB APROACHED WHITE
2.WHITE SAW A SCRIPT

I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING THAT SAYS OTHERWISE ABOUT RLAM NOT HAPPENING.

SO YEAH.. WE CAN MOVE ON.
13 years 3 months ago #14082

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI \

Towgrin wrote:

As for EDF movie, anyone interested in having a group see it together?

HAHAHA...

DON'T KNOW. WHO KNOWS HOW IT MIGHT TURN OUT. IT COULD BE AS BAD AS SKYLINE.. OR AS GOOD AS SCORPION KING.

ALL DEPENDS
13 years 3 months ago #14084

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

Gentlemen,

I will post a report soon of what I've discovered about the EDF(Earth Defense Force) and it's association with Robotech. Some interesting connections and tie-ins were discovered to what may be the REAL deal. This report will be very long with links and references that may have some bearing that Warner Brothers viral marketing has started. It's starting to become more than speculating at this time.

So bear with me and be patient. Will be disclosed very soon!

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 3 months ago #14090

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds