WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

I think I'd be more upset if EDF was an RT movie, and not based on the awesome videogame, or the original Earth Defense Force Movie. :angry:
13 years 2 months ago #14710

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

khoroshen wrote:

I think I'd be more upset if EDF was an RT movie, and not based on the awesome videogame, or the original Earth Defense Force Movie. :angry:

NOT SURE, I AGREE THAT IT SHOULD NOT BE ROBOTECH BUT JUST BECAUSE OF THE BAD LOOK IT ALREADY SHOWING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 months ago #14716

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cdha on topic Re: WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

I dunno.. I've been reading about this project since it first started picking up steam and the similarities are just a little too coincidental.

WB has to be out of their mind to run with this project instead of Robotech. I think that's the feeling most people have here, a certain "disbelief" and an itch they can't quite scratch about it. EDF and Robotech are just too similar.

I'm not trying to fan the flames here either. Just calling it as it is. I mean really, ask yourself why would WB run with EDF instead of Robotech? Already, the EDF project sounds like it's billing for a franchise, with the "bigger invasion 10 months away" description (which sounds pretty darn similar to Robotech if you ask me).

Things in business boil down to money. The "only" reason I can think that WB would run this movie instead of Robotech (a project they've been working on for over 5 years now) is to condition their audience to a bigger story. But that's really a weak premise if you think about it, I mean, the first Robotech movie could really do that for a franchise.

And don't forget HG finally loosening up with their next release. The timing indicates something is in the works.

I'll continue to call this one a cover for the real thing. That or a mirror (like when Armageddon and Deep Impact came out at the same time -fund an additional project to create more hype in tandem. Make EDF an "average" showing, then come out with Robotech right after -instant hot reviews). One of the two, mirror or cover.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by cdha.
12 years 9 months ago #17193

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

TRUE.

AS OF LATE FOR WB, THEY BEEN GREEN LIGHTING OTHER MOVIES AND GIVING NEW DIRECTORS TO HELM OTHER TITLES. THIS COME JUST MOMENTS OF THE HARRY POTTER MOVIE ENDING.

July 14, 2011
Jaume Collet-Serra Next in Line to Direct Warner Bros' 'Akira' Movie

Jul 15, 2011
With the ‘Harry Potter’ series coming to an end, Warner Bros. has no shortage of offers for ‘Deathly Hallows’ director David Yates – including a trilogy based on Stephen King’s ‘The Stand.’
screenrant.com/david-yates-the-stand-fab...-bros-schrad-123782/

Jul 16, 2011
Warner Bros. has selected Israeli filmmaker Noam Murro to direct ’300
screenrant.com/300-battle-artemisia-noam...rector-sandy-123904/

SO WHO KNOWS WHAT WB IS UP TOO. WE JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT OR GOOGLE FOR ANYTHING OUT THERE.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 9 months ago #17196

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

Coincidence or connection? Compare the logos from the firstshowing.net article on Sam Raimi's EDF and SKPB's official EDF website:

Article on Sam Raimi's EDF,
www.firstshowing.net/2010/pierre-morel-m...earth-defense-force/

SKPB's official EDF website,
www.freewebs.com/thedesperatemeasure/
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 9 months ago #17199

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

NOTHING TO BRIDGE A LINK AS OF YET.

TOBEY MAGUIRE COMPANY "MATERIAL PICTURES" IS WITH SONY... AND MATERIAL PICTURES HAS ROBOTECH..OF COURSE WB AS WELL.

SINCE RTSURFER BROKE THE STORY ON THE LOGO.. ANY NEWS OF EDF?

BEEN KINDA QUIET.

:huh:

TO ADD:

ONE THING I DON'T THINK IT IS "EDF: THE GAME"
!

Insect Armaggedon is developed by Vicious Cycle as a sequel to Sandlot’s EDF 2017, which released in 2006 in Japan and 2007 in the west. The original Earth Defence Force was a 2005 PS2 game, again by Sandlot, that made it west in 2007.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 5 months ago #17674

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds