• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gentlemen,

I will post a report soon of what I've discovered about the EDF(Earth Defense Force) and it's association with Robotech. Some interesting connections and tie-ins were discovered to what may be the REAL deal. This report will be very long with links and references that may have some bearing that Warner Brothers viral marketing has started. It's starting to become more than speculating at this time.

So bear with me and be patient. Will be disclosed very soon!

Mav...

OK...

HOPE THERE IS A MISSING LINK IN THERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #14093

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gentlemen,

I will post a report soon of what I've discovered about the EDF(Earth Defense Force) and it's association with Robotech. Some interesting connections and tie-ins were discovered to what may be the REAL deal. This report will be very long with links and references that may have some bearing that Warner Brothers viral marketing has started. It's starting to become more than speculating at this time.

Mav...

I'd rather you explained why naked (?!?) Ranka (???) is completely unacceptable while naked Annie isn't, but I'm guessing you don't have an answer to that one, so you'll just keep on avoiding it.
13 years 4 months ago #14099

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gentlemen,

I will post a report soon of what I\'ve discovered about the EDF(Earth Defense Force) and it\'s association with Robotech. Some interesting connections and tie-ins were discovered to what may be the REAL deal. This report will be very long with links and references that may have some bearing that Warner Brothers viral marketing has started. It\'s starting to become more than speculating at this time.

Mav...

Association with Robotech? Is this another far reach out there to make the LAM relevant to something that has nothing to do with it, or is it gonna be some loose interpretation that\'s gonna be passed of as fact? I hope it is interesting, and has some facts that can be gathered other than more speculation.

Also, you use terms like \"may be\", \"may have\", then say for matter of fact that \"It\'s starting to become more than speculating at this time.\" ??? The cryptic post like this don\'t generate much interests, if you ask me, but sure, we won\'t breathe until you post.
13 years 4 months ago #14106

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

Why would a RT LAM be called EDF? Wouldn't it be called ROBOTECH? That's what I don't understand.........and from a marketing stand point, wouldn't WB be trying to sell the title of ROBOTECH? This is why I highly disagree with the EDF theory. If this was really the RT movie, then it wouldn't be "disguised" as anything.

Agree or disagree, this is just my two cents
and I learned a lot about marketing in my high school days.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 4 months ago #14107

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gentlemen,

Mav...

I wonder if this will be along the lines of Maverick's last great revelation that Paramount Studios was "quaking in their boots" at the thought of a Robotech LAM. :laugh:

Current Live Action Movie Scoreboard

Transformers - 3
Robotech - 0.000000005 (The fact that WB has the movie rights doesn't make it a plain zero.)

Connections and tie ins are connections and tie ins...but results are results.

Maybe someday...

-JT
13 years 4 months ago #14108

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

Biollante wrote:

Why would a RT LAM be called EDF? Wouldn't it be called ROBOTECH? That's what I don't understand.........and from a marketing stand point, wouldn't WB be trying to sell the title of ROBOTECH? This is why I highly disagree with the EDF theory. If this was really the RT movie, then it wouldn't be "disguised" as anything.

Agree or disagree, this is just my two cents
and I learned a lot about marketing in my high school days.

I AGREE WITH HER.

THEN AGAIN, THERE BEEN SO MANY MOVIES THAT START OFF WITH TITLES BEFORE PRODUCTION JUST TO GET CHANGED AT THE END.
13 years 4 months ago #14111

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI

Unless the WB is avoiding what happened with the Voltron movie when Toei sent C&D letters to halt production. Maybe EDF might be the international title to avoid any conflicts with Big West.
13 years 4 months ago #14120

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI \"EARTH DEFENSE FORCE\", AND ROBOTECH

If Robotech was calling it something else till they\'re finished filming, than they\'d be stupider than we could imagine. If there is an issue with licensing, you fix those first before spending too much, not spending all the budget, then figuring out if there will be problems. Don\'t you think that\'s a little backwards?

This movie shows promise on what a Robotech movie could look something like as far as effects, but IF this was gonna be Robotech with different story, aliens, story, and title, you might as well call Saving Private Ryan the first G.I. Joe movie.
13 years 4 months ago #14121

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

KNOWING HOLLYWOOD HISTORY THERE BEEN NAME CHANGES GOING ON FROM WAY BACK. THIS IS A WAY TO HIDE CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS AND POSITIONING FOR COMPETITION WITH OTHER PRODUCTION COMPANY'S.

WOULD BE A LOT OF EXPLAINING TO DO BUT IT WOULD TAKE A LOT OF RESEARCH TO EXPLAIN WHO FRONTS UP THE MONEY, AND WHO INVEST IN OUTSIDE PRODUCTION AND CONTRACTS LIKE ADVERTISING, TOYS, DISTRIBUTION, AND TIMING.

OTHER MOVIES OUT THERE TRYING TO POWER PLAY AS WELL TO GET THE BEST PICTURE OF A GIVEN YEAR AND BETTER DEAL FOR EITHER THE SAME CONTRACTS OR FORCE OUT BETTER ONES.

IT'S THE LAAAAAAAAAAW OF HOLLYWOOD.
13 years 4 months ago #14122

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:WB, SAM RAIMI "EARTH DEFENSE FORCE", AND ROBOTECH

While its true that movies often start out with working titles or codenames, they sometimes go through several before the actual name is officially attached to the movie, what would be the point of hiding a Robotech movie? Robotech's hardcore fanbase isn't big enough for WB to seriously care what they think and if fanboys could figure out EDF is Robotech in disguise then Big West certainly would. Towgrin has a very good point, in Hollywood their lawyers try to work out the details for any foreseeable problems before too much money is invested in a project. Take rt2011 for example, supposedly they won't/can't reveal any details until all of the legal ducks are in a row, and its not anywhere near the major project the LAM would/should be. IMHO, it would be absolutely moronic to invest millions into a movie that will most likely be challenged in court without either knowing you can win or having a deal worked out in advance.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 4 months ago #14124

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds