ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I wouldn't expect a trailer til sometime next year since the sidequel appears to be a true work in progress. Hopefully, they'll be willing to throw a title out by ComicCon to really convince fans that something is happening with the franchise (other than a slow death) since it appears doubtful we'll get more than 1 Robo Tech item (the tentative RPG) by the end of the year.
12 years 11 months ago #16617

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

Anything new would be a welcome thing at this rate :)

Even if it's "Jim Hensons's Untold Story Babies"?
12 years 11 months ago #16622

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

they just announced the SD Comic Con panel time for Thursday at 7pm, possibly the most undesirable time slot during the event. Guess the organizers don't expect much from HG or Robo Tech this year which is kind of sad. Guess Robo Tech isn't stronger today than it was yesterday.
12 years 11 months ago #16631

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

they just announced the SD Comic Con panel time for Thursday at 7pm, possibly the most undesirable time slot during the event. Guess the organizers don't expect much from HG or Robo Tech this year which is kind of sad. Guess Robo Tech isn't stronger today than it was yesterday.

ARE YOU KIDDING?

THE PANEL GETS PACKED. MAN... YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON DO YOU?

IT'S COOL.

:)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16634

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Gubaba wrote:

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

Anything new would be a welcome thing at this rate :)

Even if it's "Jim Hensons's Untold Story Babies"?

I dunno..RoboMuppets might sell. :P
12 years 11 months ago #16635

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING?

THE PANEL GETS PACKED. MAN... YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON DO YOU?

IT'S COOL.

Yeah I know nothing about SDCC, I've only gone yearly since Shadow Chronicles was announced. Still, you obviously don't know much about it yourself as all the most popular panels are during the day and not the morning. Didn't say it wouldn't be packed (though it's less likely at this time), but that time slot is not as desirable as an afternoon time on Friday or the weekend and will likely overlap some special video preview screening and I'm not talking about the Robo Tech sidequel or documentary.
12 years 11 months ago #16638

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

Yeah I know nothing about SDCC, I've only gone yearly since Shadow Chronicles was announced. Still, you obviously don't know much about it yourself as all the most popular panels are during the day and not the morning. Didn't say it wouldn't be packed (though it's less likely at this time), but that time slot is not as desirable as an afternoon time on Friday or the weekend and will likely overlap some special video preview screening and I'm not talking about the Robo Tech sidequel or documentary.

REALLY? HMMM IF I REMEMBER LAST YEAR IT WENT UP AGAINST DISNEY TRON PANEL, SAME DAY, SAME TIME. ;)

HG ALWAYS HAD THE PANEL DURING THE EVENING AND RIGHT AFTER SIX FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS AND ON THURSDAYS. AND I ALMOST GOT LOCKED OUT OF ONE 3 YEARS AGO IF IT WAS NOT FOR FANS WHO LET ME IN FRONT OF THE LINE FOR THE 6PM PANEL. WILL NEVER FORGET THAT.

YOU SEE, PANELS ARE HELD AROUND THE CLOCK. HG HAS NO TROUBLE FILLING UP COMIC CON EVERY YEAR AND GOING UP AGAINST OTHER BIG PANELS AT THE SAME TIME. FRIDAYS IS THE "FILLED TO CAPACITY" STAR WARS 2 HOUR PANEL AROUND 6 AND 7 PM. SATURDAY IS THE MASQUERADE.

SO NO MATTER THE DAY, RT PANEL PACKS IN THE FANS AT COMIC CON. SO HAVING IT ON SATURDAY WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I DO OF COURSE FEEL SORRY FOR THE FANS WHO CAN'T TRAVEL ON THAT DAY THOUGHT AND RATHER SHOW UP ON SATURDAY'S.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16642

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING?

IT'S COOL.

In relation of 'packed' at a small con, 10 people is packed, at a large con 20 people is packed. Compared, SDCC cons get more people, but do not neccesarily mean more people then usual is 'packed'

For SDCC 100People is still probably the same as the 20 people you see at the Long Beech con, and the likes. Or be less if dealt in percentiles.
12 years 11 months ago #16651

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Aren't AX and SDCC more about press coverage than fans anyway, although I'm sure presenters and studios prefer a packed room to an empty one?

BTW, the big announcement at SDCC this year is going to be that Tommy and Steve made rt2011 on their Macs ;) :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16653

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Don't forget, a lot of fans from the panel just before will just stay in the room for awhile as seen by them leaving during the Robo Tech panel or they come in for a seat before the panel immediately after the Robo Tech panel. Just cause a panel room is "packed" doesn't mean that everyone there is for the actual. A seasoned ComicCon attendee would realize this.
12 years 11 months ago #16654

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds