ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

But where did they get the idea? Was there some form of evidence to lead them to think LLA was the basis?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16407

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Richardmvela wrote:

But where did they get the idea? Was there some form of evidence to lead them to think LLA was the basis?

I don't recall and the post was deleted.
My personal speculation that it might be LLA developed out of the way Tommy described the new animated project on the Spanish podcast. I had my doubts until I read what others had to say on the subject, I became convinced they were going to use at least some of LLA.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16408

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Richardmvela wrote:

Where did the original idea of this being LLA come from?

The idea of LLA being used has definitely been floating around for awhile as macrossworld.com members have been talking about shortly after the sidequel was announced. I believe it stemmed from the fact that last year, Tommy said the project would be completed in a year. Given the fact that it was a "full length movie" no one believed that it could really be completed that quickly since Shadow Chronicles took longer to complete. Not surprisingly, we were correct. Anyway, the only way people could conceive of it being completed in a year was if they used recycled anime or LLA which seemed to make perfect sense since we knew it was a flashback.
12 years 11 months ago #16410

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I can see that line of thinking. However that being said, Appleseed, the 2004 CGI movie was made in about a year (watch thje making of feature). There is a possibility that they may have used some of that gangbusters money and licensing money to actually farm out a decent studio production.

NOW THAT BEING SAID.....Memo's comments of the preview looking old yet new at the same time concerns me because if it is LLA, then damnit I'm done with this game they are playing.
12 years 11 months ago #16411

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Richardmvela wrote:

I can see that line of thinking. However that being said, Appleseed, the 2004 CGI movie was made in about a year (watch thje making of feature). There is a possibility that they may have used some of that gangbusters money and licensing money to actually farm out a decent studio production.

NOW THAT BEING SAID.....Memo's comments of the preview looking old yet new at the same time concerns me because if it is LLA, then damnit I'm done with this game they are playing.

True, a full length movie can be done in a year...if it's not being produced by HG. The completion date has already been changed from summer 2011 to just 2011 and now that they're "working on more", I wouldn't be surprised if it is completed in 2012.

Hard to say if there's any gangbusters money left after all this time. Afterall, they had to pay the salaries of the HG Triumvirate and those hard drives they bragged about weren't free. :laugh:
12 years 11 months ago #16412

Also, the way Memo described the preview it seemed to focus on the arrivals of Lancer's fleet as depicted in the Invasion comics and of the Invid -- Sera has a large role. So a flashback story with flashbacks apparently focusing on Lancer and Sera.
Then there's Tommy giving Carl Macek credit for the idea, something Carl had in mind. Made me think back to when Carl was in charge of Robotech, he had ideas for a number of projects but it all fell apart. Adapting LLA seems like something Carl would have eventually done had Untold Story and Sentinels succeeded.

HG didn't always drag things out, back in the mid 80's when Carl was in charge they were cranking things out pretty fast until Sentinels fell apart.
Just remember, the present day HG doesn't do things the way everyone else in the industry does. Kevin makes excuses for them by mentioning how slow animation already is then points out their animation will be even slower because they are doing something experimental.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16414

Straight up Kevin McKeever is a douche, don't know the guy personally but that's how he comes across. Considering that, someone who comes across that way should not be the "face" of any franchise considering you want them to attract fans not repel them based off their personality(forget the product).

Now if they do use LLA at all, I feel there will be a fair bit of backlash. If they do go the Invid Invasion "OVA" route as an OVA ok I can deal. However the thought of it being LLA makes me, and I'm sure others, want to watch it not on our own dime. That is more important then HG may realize.
12 years 11 months ago #16415

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I personally don't believe they would use LLA, mainly because what they did with anime back then is longer acceptable today, or so I've heard. So if there is anything at all, then it is most likely a brand new movie..........only a lot of us have questions, especially as to who is behind the animation for the project, we know it isn't HG, even with TSC they had to find a company to do it for them.

The lack of information does nothing but cause the fandom to speculate, because there's nothing to really go by, or base facts off of. *my apologies if this doesnt make since ive been drinking lol*

Fans are impatient yes, but thats because with this fandom its always been a waiting period, and some of them are just tired of it. They see all these other fandoms getting reboots, new movies or whatever and it just sucks because RT doesn't seem to be getting crap

does any of that make sense or am I too smashed tonight?

Fans are just tired of hearing nothing new, and thats why they ask so many questions and get pissed when they dont get any answers........

it would be like buying a new computer, only you're not allowed to see it, but the guy selling it to you says that its going to be awesome but you have to wait till he gives you permission to take it home..........

am I making any sense of things here? Fuck man, i need to stop drinking lol
getting shit faced and posting on RTX isnt a good idea

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 11 months ago #16418

^Hey, you never know, they might actually come up with something good for a change.

Biollante, you're making sense.

www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.ph...umid=31&pagenumber=1

Kevin McKeever May 23, 2011
There is not a "whole lot out there" online since:

1. No distributor for the documentary has been secured yet. You cant start do heavy marketing untill you get a distribution deal signed and a release date set.

2. The animated project is still in production. It's simply not finished yet so we are not in a postion to put anything about it (images, plot points etc..) up online yet.

Both of these issues will resolve themselves as the projects continue to move forward.

www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.ph...umid=31&pagenumber=2

Answers to questions...
May 25, 2011

To be honest, not all anime fans go to conventions, so are generally out of the loop on things. Convention hype alone on movies/tv/etc. rarely work, unless the convention is major and reported by multiple fandom news sources, such as the Anime expo, San Diego Comic Con, E3 , etc. Where all the big companies come out once a year to announce their new projects for that year.

The conventions are one part of our push. When the time is right we will exploit other platforms. To be honest the conventions work very well for us in marketing and promoting the franchise.

any idea when we on the website will be able to view this new footage?

I have no info on that at this time.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

[/size]
The documentary is finished and looking for a distributor, should we use it as a guide to how they will market rt2011? If so then they will still be showing clips at next years cons. Does the documentary even have a name yet, other than Robotech documentary? Maybe someone should buy HG a book of names since they have two untitled projects.

In one of Tommy's podcast interviews he said something like they couldn't release a trailer yet because there was no audio. Does the con-only preview for rt2011 have audio?

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16420

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

^Hey, you never know, they might actually come up with something good for a change.

Biollante, you're making sense.

STAY DRUNK ALL THE TIME HP. YOU MAKE REALLY GOOD SENSE. I LIKE THAT.

I THINK SHE SUMMED UP ALL THE "WHAT, THE WHAT".

NOW, WE ONLY ABOUT A LITTLE MORE THAN A MONTH BEFORE ANIME EXPO. WHERE I HOPE THEY PREVIEW SOMETHING MUCH MORE AND COMPLETE ON A TRAILER. AND LETS SEE WHO COMES UP WITH A VIDEO RECORDING. I KNOW I WONT SINCE I STAND OUT ALREADY WITH MY CAMERA.

NOW ALL POINTS SAID FROM ABOVE I WOULD LIKE TO ADD A "WHAT IF" SCENARIO IF HG IS WAITING ON A NEW DISTRIBUTOR ALL TOGETHER? ADV SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT. HG IS WORKING ON A DEAL WITH SOMEONE. JUST WHO? THEY WILL PROBABLY DISTRIBUTE THE 85 EPISODES, NEW 2011 MOVIE AND THE DOCUMENTARY.

AS OF NOW FUNIMATION IS TOP RUNNER FOR ME SINCE THEY HAVE SHADOW CHRONICLES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16423

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds