ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

THANKS RICHARD FOR THE VIDEO. I MEANT TO SAY THAT I DON'T RECOGNIZE THE THIRD IMAGE FROM THE ORIGINAL HG TRAILER. ALSO TOOK SOME SNAPSHOTS FROM THE VIDEO.

REEL 1

TOOK SOME CLIPS FROM RICHARDS LINK VIDEO

THEY LOOK THE SAME... BUT THEY ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. NEED BETTER SCANS OF COMIC TO REALLY COMPARE SIDE BY SIDE. BUT I ALREADY NOTICE A FEW DIFFERENCES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16137

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Those look like frames from Invid Invasion, just different than the ones you captured.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16138
Attachments:

The fiery SDF approaching Earth doesn't really look like a capture as much as a piece of Tommy's art, although that may be how it looks in rt2011 should it appear.
I wouldn't be surprised if the four images do appear either in the opening and/or a flashback, but would any of them really be considered new animation or even new art since they have existed in some form or another for some time?

12 years 11 months ago #16139

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

The Burning SDF is the same image, the backgrounds may be the different but any picture can be cut and pasted or lightened etc etc...

I wouldn't imagine it being part of RT 11'. If you look at TSC's flashback, the SDF was never seen just a smoke trail with a an object reflecting light. Although the command center they showed briefly reminded me of Macross II's command center and I actually liked it. It would be nice to see soemthing like that in a future potential production.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16145

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I WOULD CONSIDER IT NEW ANIMATION SINCE IT'S NEW. NOW IF THEY RE-USE SOME OF THE SAME ANIMATION THEN I GUESS NOT.

NEW ANIMATION TO ME MEANS, WELL... MAKING NEW ANIMATION. SIMPLE. A DERIVATIVE OF THE OLD ANIMATION IS STILL CONSIDER NEW.

EXAMPLE. RTSC IS A DERIVATIVE OF AN EXISTING ANIMATION. IT'S STILL CONSIDERED NEW ANIMATION.

LOOKS LIKE THEY MIMICKING THE OLD STYLE BUT FRESHER ANIMATION. BUT THESE ARE PARTS THAT WE ALREADY KNOW. WHAT ABOUT THE PARTS WE DON'T KNOW.
12 years 11 months ago #16146

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

You're trying to pass off those images as "new"? Come on now! If HG was gonna waste money reanimating something, they wouldn't do the same camera angles and would probably make the ships look like something from Southern Cross for better continuity. Afterall, half of Shadow Chronicles was reanimated footage of Mospeada and they were obviously modified different from the original. Either way, there's no new "footage".
12 years 11 months ago #16147

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ps99041 wrote:

You're trying to pass off those images as "new"? Come on now!

LOOK AT THE THIRD IMAGE AND COMPARE. EVEN THE NOSE OF THE SHIP IS LONGER THAN THE IMAGE CAPTURE FROM VIDEO CLIP. THE SHUTTLE SURE LOOKS MORE SKINNY AND STRETCHED OUT.

YOU ALSO HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE CLOUDS IN THE PAGE NEXT TO IT. REFLEX POINT?

If HG was gonna waste money reanimating something, they wouldn't do the same camera angles and would probably make the ships look like something from Southern Cross for better continuity.

PROBLEM IS THESE IMAGES ARE FROM THE ORIGINAL SHOW. SO YOU CANT SAY THEY DO NOT FALL WITHIN CONTINUITY.

Afterall, half of Shadow Chronicles was reanimated footage of Mospeada and they were obviously modified different from the original. Either way, there's no new "footage".

AH. SEE. SO YOU AGREE THERE IS CONTINUITY WITHIN THE ORIGINAL ANIMATION. WHICH OF COURSE COST A LOT OF MONEY AS WELL.

ALSO, DON'T KNOW IF IT'S PART OF THE NEW ANIMATION CONSIDERING THEY ARE JUST IMAGES.
12 years 11 months ago #16159

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

You're trying to pass off those images as "new"? Come on now!

LOOK AT THE THIRD IMAGE AND COMPARE. EVEN THE NOSE OF THE SHIP IS LONGER THAN THE IMAGE CAPTURE FROM VIDEO CLIP. THE SHUTTLE SURE LOOKS MORE SKINNY AND STRETCHED OUT.

YOU ALSO HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE CLOUDS IN THE PAGE NEXT TO IT. REFLEX POINT?

The images in the book are slightly distorted because the page isn't flat. Also, HG has access to prints with the edges, they were cut off in Robotech.
I don't know what the clouds are supposed to be, maybe its reflex point, maybe its just an artsy background for the title page.

I think its funny that a selling point for the new Chinese language TPBs was--

materials which have never been published before, including materials from the upcoming animated movie in production.

New materials form the new animated in production

--and here we are trying to decide if material that's been in the DVDs and published online for years is this new, never before published rt2011 material. Of course the material wouldn't be labeled as the new movie/project material, that would just be too easy and straight forward for HG.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16160

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

rtsurfer wrote:

The images in the book are slightly distorted because the page isn't flat. Also, HG has access to prints with the edges, they were cut off in Robotech.
I don't know what the clouds are supposed to be, maybe its reflex point, maybe its just an artsy background for the title page.

AGREED. WHY I SAY IF THERE WERE BETTER SCANS AND CLOSE UP OF THE COMICS WE CAN TELL COMPARE A LOT BETTER.

I think its funny that a selling point for the new Chinese language TPBs was--

materials which have never been published before, including materials from the upcoming animated movie in production.

New materials form the new animated in production

--and here we are trying to decide if material that's been in the DVDs and published online for years is this new, never before published rt2011 material. Of course the material wouldn't be labeled as the new movie/project material, that would just be too easy and straight forward for HG.

OF COURSE.

THE QUESTION NOW IS, IF IT'S CONSIDERED NEW ANIMATION, RIGHT? WHICH I DO CONSIDER NEW ANIMATION EVEN IF IT MIMICS AN OLD ONE.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THE TEASER NON COMPLETED CLIP AT THE SAN FRANCISCO CON WAS A REBOOT OF MAKING NEW ANIMATION. IN OTHER WORDS, WILL THIS NEW 2011 PROJECT TURN OUT TO BE OF THINGS TO COME CONSIDERING RE MAKING OR RE ANIMATING THE SAGAS OR PART OF THE SAGAS. HG CAN ALWAYS GO BACK AND TELL SIDE STORY'S ON ROBOTECH AND JUST UPDATE THE ANIMATION EVEN IF THEY MIMIC CERTAIN PARTS OF THE WHOLE ROBOTECH SAGA.
12 years 11 months ago #16161

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

those pics aren't new art but it makes you happy go ahead and continue to believe.
12 years 11 months ago #16164

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds