ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Juan on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

and...... tell me something new.

Guys my point is why we don't get something completely new and not this mix of old and new animaction why we still have to live out of re-editing old animation

at least RSC was all new animation
12 years 3 months ago #18147

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Juan wrote:

Guys my point is why we don't get something completely new and not this mix of old and new animaction why we still have to live out of re-editing old animation

Personally Juan, I think HG does this because they think were not worth the effort or Return on Investment. Almost every other 80's franchise is doing something for not only its older base, but newer base of fans. Something fresh, something new, not Robowrech. Read Kevin's blog and see how he puts the downsizing of Bandai's NA interest on the shoulder of fans. Sorry Kev, but perhaps if some JO company in the states got their head outta their asses, Bandai could've brought Macross Frontier here to the states. Afterall, if I spent over $1,000.00 on Imported Macross Frontier product, imagine how much more I could've spent on domestic Macross Frontier items.

But were not worth that effort. Just like were not worth the effort and cost of new material. Thanks HG for the oppty to spend my $ elsewhere.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 3 months ago #18148

• WDKaiserV1
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • I love Sheryl Nome ... She is so beautiful!!! ^^

Replied by WDKaiserV1 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Juan wrote:

There's not such thing as "something new" in Robotech... :S

Because HG is full of people who doesn't know what "create' means... they just copy/paste other's work... :angry:

DITTO! ;)
12 years 3 months ago #18149

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Juan wrote:

Personally Juan, I think HG does this because they think were not worth the effort or Return on Investment. Almost every other 80's franchise is doing something for not only its older base, but newer base of fans. Something fresh, something new, not Robowrech. Read Kevin's blog and see how he puts the downsizing of Bandai's NA interest on the shoulder of fans. Sorry Kev, but perhaps if some JO company in the states got their head outta their asses, Bandai could've brought Macross Frontier here to the states. Afterall, if I spent over $1,000.00 on Imported Macross Frontier product, imagine how much more I could've spent on domestic Macross Frontier items.

But were not worth that effort. Just like were not worth the effort and cost of new material. Thanks HG for the oppty to spend my $ elsewhere.

Gotta agree with you here blackconvoy. Robotech and it's fans are so unimportant to HG they can't even make a new powerpoint each year for their Convention Tour. I'm still bitter about the way the Macross Plus toys got blocked back in the day. I've also spent way to many $1000s over the years on imported toys and can only imagine home much more I could've gotten for the same amount of money if they could be imported here without HG interference. Not to mention quality subs/dubs of the actual series.
12 years 3 months ago #18150

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

ps99041 wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Juan wrote:

Gotta agree with you here blackconvoy. Robotech and it's fans are so unimportant to HG they can't even make a new powerpoint each year for their Convention Tour. I'm still bitter about the way the Macross Plus toys got blocked back in the day. I've also spent way to many $1000s over the years on imported toys and can only imagine home much more I could've gotten for the same amount of money if they could be imported here without HG interference. Not to mention quality subs/dubs of the actual series.

Thank you. I know I sometimes go off on tangents about this subject, but coming from TF collecting to this side of the pond is like going from Earth to Saturn. It doesn't make sense. In the TF world its simple; fans want, company listens, company produces, fans buy, all needs met. I know HG is not Hasbro, but the same principle is across the board with any other product on any scale. I don't see how Kevin, Tommy, and Steve still have paying positions at HG, they don't do anything more than what one could do out of their garage. Its crazy, in the real world they'd be all unemployed.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 3 months ago #18151

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

if they are listening, they going to say they are ordering more minutes of animation at animation on display they are likely redoing old animation and pushing the release date to later date. If they are say they have release date then they using old animation. What I heard that ceo green light this project and like gave out the budget for it. Tony is limited by his budget. Our course he take cut in pay to enlarge the budget which means more delays.
12 years 3 months ago #18152

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Juan wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Juan wrote:

But we Robotech fans deserve better wayyyyy better.

And Macross fans deserve the awesome, complete multi-generational epic that is Macross on R1 DVD. We also deserved affordable Macross Plus toys back about twelve years ago.

But it ain't gonna happen, right? No use crying over spilt milk and all that...

al the very least Macross have new animation coming out every few years....
we have.......... mmm....... someting ..... mmm.....soon.... ohh ook check this main page what Greg said, there ha! take that!!! hahahaha

Good point.

WDKaiserV1 wrote:

Because HG is full of people who doesn't know what "create' means... they just copy/paste other's work... :angry:

Well, THAT'S nothing new...I mean, Robotech (the "original 85," I mean) itself was copy/pasted from other people's work, wasn't it?
12 years 3 months ago #18153

Replied by Juan on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

that's the mentality we need to change, it worked on 85, but won't work now
12 years 3 months ago #18156

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Juan wrote:

Absolutely true.

I'd imagine, though, that RT: LLA has GOT to have a lot of new animation in it, for the simple reason that there's very little "new" animation in Mospeada: LLA.

Even if RT: LLA is only thirty minutes long, two-thirds of it would still have to be new.
12 years 3 months ago #18162

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

Juan wrote:

Absolutely true.

I'd imagine, though, that RT: LLA has GOT to have a lot of new animation in it, for the simple reason that there's very little "new" animation in Mospeada: LLA.

Even if RT: LLA is only thirty minutes long, two-thirds of it would still have to be new.

I totally agree but Tommy stated almost 2 years ago that it would be "feature length" so 30 minutes seems too short though I'm sure HG has a different definition of "feature length". Add the delay in completion due to ordering extra "minutes" of animation and I think we can safely assume that there will be a good amount of new footage. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they had to say "minutes" of exra animation and that the production is smaller than Shadow Chronicles.
12 years 3 months ago #18164

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds