ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

ps99041 wrote:

I totally agree but Tommy stated almost 2 years ago that it would be "feature length" so 30 minutes seems too short though I'm sure HG has a different definition of "feature length". Add the delay in completion due to ordering extra "minutes" of animation and I think we can safely assume that there will be a good amount of new footage. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they had to say "minutes" of exra animation and that the production is smaller than Shadow Chronicles.

Yes, it was stated that it would be “feature length” and I recall them saying that they had “ordered additional minutes” of animation… But as a whole these statements are very ambiguous.

First off like you said, HGs definition of “Feature length” is not known. Though if they follow industry standard then that can mean anything from 40 minutes and greater. Now if it is shorter then Shadow Rising (88 minutes) we might be able to have an idea that it is somewhere between 40 minutes and 87 minutes.

To further add to the ambiguity, we don’t know exactly how much of LLA they are planning to use and in what context. As for the “ordered additional minutes” statement that they have made. Well we don’t know how much new animation was ordered in the first place. We also don’t know why the additional footage was ordered. Was it ordered because of a change in story or was it to augment it? For all me know at this point they may only be using 10 or 15 minutes of LLA and the remainder being new animation.

There is just so much we don’t know about the RLLA project. I’m optimistic.. but then again I’m optimistic about a lot of things when it comes to Robotech.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 2 months ago #18167

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Mark Warlock wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

I totally agree but Tommy stated almost 2 years ago that it would be "feature length" so 30 minutes seems too short though I'm sure HG has a different definition of "feature length". Add the delay in completion due to ordering extra "minutes" of animation and I think we can safely assume that there will be a good amount of new footage. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that they had to say "minutes" of exra animation and that the production is smaller than Shadow Chronicles.

Yes, it was stated that it would be “feature length” and I recall them saying that they had “ordered additional minutes” of animation… But as a whole these statements are very ambiguous.

First off like you said, HGs definition of “Feature length” is not known. Though if they follow industry standard then that can mean anything from 40 minutes and greater. Now if it is shorter then Shadow Rising (88 minutes) we might be able to have an idea that it is somewhere between 40 minutes and 87 minutes.

To further add to the ambiguity, we don’t know exactly how much of LLA they are planning to use and in what context. As for the “ordered additional minutes” statement that they have made. Well we don’t know how much new animation was ordered in the first place. We also don’t know why the additional footage was ordered. Was it ordered because of a change in story or was it to augment it? For all me know at this point they may only be using 10 or 15 minutes of LLA and the remainder being new animation.

There is just so much we don’t know about the RLLA project. I’m optimistic.. but then again I’m optimistic about a lot of things when it comes to Robotech.

Keep on being optimistic... I'm obviously not. :laugh:
12 years 2 months ago #18175

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

It was reported from AX last night that Frank Catalano will reprise his role as Rand's VA in RTLLA.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by rtsurfer.
11 years 9 months ago #19101

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by herobot.
11 years 9 months ago #19104

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Good know we'll see Rand (someday) in RT:LLA. Hopefully, he'll have more lines in it than Mark Hamill did in RT:SC. Still, surprised this thing isn't completed since originally it was supposed to be completed in a year and the only new thing shown from the project are some CG renders of the Conbat? This project is looking like it'll be released for the 30th Anniversary which actually would work from the title...
11 years 9 months ago #19105

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

THANKS RTSURFER AND HEROBOT

PRE PRODUCTION IMAGES

REMASTERING LLA
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #19127

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Aren't they going backwards? Showing the animated combat/conbat/convert/bat in a preview trailer last year now showing the rough production materials? I would like to see a good pic of the finished animated fighter.

That side by side is confusing, one side is too light and the other is too dark so which side is the remastered one? I hope what the actually showed looked better than this pic, this is a good argument for why they should release promotional pics and video instead of letting fans do it themselves.

So when is this thing coming out anyway? First they tell us it would be ready by AX last year, then they ask for a little more time pushing it back to late 2011/early 2012, now what RTLLA2013?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
11 years 9 months ago #19133

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Surfer......man this is the bread crumb approach plain and simple. this is the way to keep people interested via desperation. The forums went down and nothing of substance has really come out so they have to drop just enough to get people to look but not enough to show anything meaningful because they are prob nowhere near done.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
11 years 9 months ago #19137

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Richardmvela wrote:

Surfer......man this is the bread crumb approach plain and simple. this is the way to keep people interested via desperation. The forums went down and nothing of substance has really come out so they have to drop just enough to get people to look but not enough to show anything meaningful because they are prob nowhere near done.

Agreed, they must not have anything close to a product ready for release yet so they gotta show what they have so far which is next to nothing: short video clip, design work, and product logo. Keeps the general fans excited that something is coming down the pipeline...someday.
11 years 9 months ago #19139

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

When you look at HG, they are in a state dealing with Financial problems (California's deficit) and on top of that they are a property holder. Even though nothing has been mention I wouldn't be surprised if old man Agrama used some of those as equity towards his legal issues although I imagine those have been resolved.

Also their merchandise doesn't exactly move off of market shelves so that makes me wonder why they delay the release of RT:LLA if it is a source of income. Simple rule of business is you have to spend money to make money regardless of how much. With Tommy doing side work on Speed racer or whatever, then to me he is the reason for the delay.

Then you have mcKeever who talks about Voltron and all the things it's doing right but fails to see that RT is doing none of those things. New Series - Nope, Multiple Items of Merchandise currently in production - Nope, New Comics - Nope. RT is and has nothing and the longer they take the less of a return they will take. Fans are getting older and more burdened by life and they have done shit to get new fans.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
11 years 9 months ago #19140

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds