ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Everso the apple polisher, eh Memo? I hope your Robotech masters are watching so you can get more free garbage from them. Afterall, It is the mantra of HG to distort the original and spew it out for a few bucks. So no Robotech's rendition of LLA will not be a musical, thank you for correcting me. There is one thing however that the original LLA will have in common with RT's LLA; and that is this- the RT revision will have the same base as the MOSPEADA version did. To the already familiar. What should've been done (the secret trailer that hinted at a live animation based on the invasion comics) isn't. The premise had promise, the animation, not top notch, but not 30 yrs old either. But you know better than me right? I'm actually looking forward to it. Robotech's original 85 is so boring to me now that I fall asleep as soon as the intro credits hit. What's another 40 mins? ;)

Not to be startin' somethin' or anything, but... if Robotech is so dull, why do you seem to care so much about LLA?

And anyway, I don't see how Robotech LLA can have the same "base" as Mospeada LLA. There are barely ten minutes of "new" footage in LLA, and most of that is Yellow concert scenes. Nothing overly dramatic. Basically, there's no "there" there to build a new show around.
12 years 3 months ago #18059

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Everso the apple polisher, eh Memo? I hope your Robotech masters are watching so you can get more free garbage from them. Afterall, It is the mantra of HG to distort the original and spew it out for a few bucks. So no Robotech's rendition of LLA will not be a musical, thank you for correcting me. There is one thing however that the original LLA will have in common with RT's LLA; and that is this- the RT revision will have the same base as the MOSPEADA version did. To the already familiar. What should've been done (the secret trailer that hinted at a live animation based on the invasion comics) isn't. The premise had promise, the animation, not top notch, but not 30 yrs old either. But you know better than me right? I'm actually looking forward to it. Robotech's original 85 is so boring to me now that I fall asleep as soon as the intro credits hit. What's another 40 mins? ;)

Not to be startin' somethin' or anything, but... if Robotech is so dull, why do you seem to care so much about LLA?

And anyway, I don't see how Robotech LLA can have the same "base" as Mospeada LLA. There are barely ten minutes of "new" footage in LLA, and most of that is Yellow concert scenes. Nothing overly dramatic. Basically, there's no "there" there to build a new show around.

That's just it. I don't care for LLA, and I like RT a lot, but I'm tired of the rebranding/ rehashing/ reissuing of the same old 30 yo animations. I'm not a purist on either end. Recently Macross and MOSPEADA has outshun RT in the areas of toy quality, merchandise, media, for me personally. I'd love to see RT go into the hands of better management so a fresher series or spin off can be produced. Not gonna happen, but I can still say what's on my mind, yes? I can disagree? Of course.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 3 months ago #18061

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

That's just it. I don't care for LLA, and I like RT a lot, but I'm tired of the rebranding/ rehashing/ reissuing of the same old 30 yo animations. I'm not a purist on either end. Recently Macross and MOSPEADA has outshun RT in the areas of toy quality, merchandise, media, for me personally. I'd love to see RT go into the hands of better management so a fresher series or spin off can be produced. Not gonna happen, but I can still say what's on my mind, yes? I can disagree? Of course.

Yes, of course you can. But no matter what, for better or for worse, the greatest (in length and, probably, in quality) portion of Robotech will ALWAYS be the 85 episodes... so anything they do is going to be closely tied to those 30 yo animations, yes? (Unless of course, they decide to revisit Robotech 3000...which I doubt will happen.)

I mean, yeah...one could always hope that a different (and presumably better) creative team could take over the series, but I question whether it's worth continuing at all.
12 years 3 months ago #18066

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Gubaba wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Yes, of course you can. But no matter what, for better or for worse, the greatest (in length and, probably, in quality) portion of Robotech will ALWAYS be the 85 episodes... so anything they do is going to be closely tied to those 30 yo animations, yes? (Unless of course, they decide to revisit Robotech 3000...which I doubt will happen.)

I mean, yeah...one could always hope that a different (and presumably better) creative team could take over the series, but I question whether it's worth continuing at all.

At this rate no, hence my other point that RT should fall off for awhile, with a later resurgence. It should happen, but won't.
12 years 3 months ago #18069

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

At this rate no, hence my other point that RT should fall off for awhile, with a later resurgence.

I agree with half of your statement... B)
12 years 3 months ago #18081

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Gubaba wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

At this rate no, hence my other point that RT should fall off for awhile, with a later resurgence.

I agree with half of your statement... B)

LOL!
12 years 3 months ago #18083

Replied by Juan on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I love Robotech big time, this RLLA if this is has planned, old animation from the LLA mospeada, is going to be a huge letdown. you want to do RLLA do it with all new animation, and then I can dig it.

I know maybe they won't show any Macross design mecha or Characthers for the copyrights battle. But we Robotech fans deserve better wayyyyy better.
12 years 3 months ago #18119

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Juan wrote:

But we Robotech fans deserve better wayyyyy better.

And Macross fans deserve the awesome, complete multi-generational epic that is Macross on R1 DVD. We also deserved affordable Macross Plus toys back about twelve years ago.

But it ain't gonna happen, right? No use crying over spilt milk and all that...
12 years 3 months ago #18136

Replied by Juan on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Gubaba wrote:

Juan wrote:

But we Robotech fans deserve better wayyyyy better.

And Macross fans deserve the awesome, complete multi-generational epic that is Macross on R1 DVD. We also deserved affordable Macross Plus toys back about twelve years ago.

But it ain't gonna happen, right? No use crying over spilt milk and all that...

al the very least Macross have new animation coming out every few years....
we have.......... mmm....... someting ..... mmm.....soon.... ohh ook check this main page what Greg said, there ha! take that!!! hahahaha
12 years 3 months ago #18141

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2012

Well, you KNOW it takes a long time to produce more minutes of animation right? :)
12 years 3 months ago #18146

Time to create page: 0.635 seconds