An 80's Revival

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:80's revival (TFP GJR PRS TMNT VF TC)

The new Transformers Prime series returns on Feb 11th.

If anyone is interested, new Power Rangers Samurai series starts Feb 7th on Nickelodeon. It is back in the hand of Saban who also plans to produce a new power ranger movie.

Nickelodeon also has the rights to TMNT, a new cgi series will premiere later this year. They are also discussing the production of a new TMNT movie next year.

Voltron Force is supposed to come to Nickelodeon sometime this year with a new toy line by Mattel. The Voltron movie is reportedly tied up in a legal battle with Toei.

And there's the new Thundercats series under development by WB/CN.

So there's going to be a Transformers, GiJoe, Power Rangers, TMNT, Voltron, and Thundercats tv series. Not to mention over half of them could have movies within the next couple of years. Where's Robotech?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 2 months ago #14522

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:80's revival (TFP GJR PRS TMNT VF TC)

rtsurfer wrote:

The new Transformers Prime series returns on Feb 11th.

If anyone is interested, new Power Rangers Samurai series starts Feb 7th on Nickelodeon. It is back in the hand of Saban who also plans to produce a new power ranger movie.

Nickelodeon also has the rights to TMNT, a new cgi series will premiere later this year. They are also discussing the production of a new TMNT movie next year.

Voltron Force is supposed to come to Nickelodeon sometime this year with a new toy line by Mattel. The Voltron movie is reportedly tied up in a legal battle with Toei.

And there's the new Thundercats series under development by WB/CN.

So there's going to be a Transformers, GiJoe, Power Rangers, TMNT, Voltron, and Thundercats tv series. Not to mention over half of them could have movies within the next couple of years.

COOL. LETS SEE HOW WELL THEY COME OUT AND INCLUDING THE MOVIES.

Where's Robotech?

SAME WAS ASKED BACK IN THE DAY. REMEMBER DRAGON BALL? DID TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED LAST? IT'S GOOD THAT PRODUCTIONS ARE COMING OUT. BUT LETS SEE IF THEY CAN HOLD THEIR SPOTS. THUNDERCATS NEW IMAGE IS BAD. LETS SEE IF THE WRITING IS GOOD TO KEEP IT OUT THERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 months ago #14531

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

The only reason I watch Transformers Prime is for Optimus (Peter Cullen) & Megatron (Frank Welker)...The graphics are ok not great though, and the story is interesting.

GI Joe is A-Team Animated (I like it though)

I wasnt a huge Thundercats fan bcuz the story was HORRIBLE!! and Lion-O was a pussy.

Voltron was the shiznit but the cars version was HORRIBLE, and I even watched the CG version when it came out in the late 90s cuz the voices were almost all the same actors. I am curious how they will revamp that series.

And Power Rangers?? OMG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!! No disrespect to Tony Oliver and I told him this to his face @ Robocon10 but PR was HORRIBLE!!! I know little kids like it so I guess it wasnt targeted for our generation.

I will give all but PR a looksee to see if it will be good though Transformers is DVR'd in my box already.
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
13 years 2 months ago #14532

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

Lancer wrote:

The only reason I watch Transformers Prime is for Optimus (Peter Cullen) & Megatron (Frank Welker)...The graphics are ok not great though, and the story is interesting.

GI Joe is A-Team Animated (I like it though)

I wasnt a huge Thundercats fan bcuz the story was HORRIBLE!! and Lion-O was a pussy.

Voltron was the shiznit but the cars version was HORRIBLE, and I even watched the CG version when it came out in the late 90s cuz the voices were almost all the same actors. I am curious how they will revamp that series.

And Power Rangers?? OMG WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!! No disrespect to Tony Oliver and I told him this to his face @ Robocon10 but PR was HORRIBLE!!! I know little kids like it so I guess it wasnt targeted for our generation.

I will give all but PR a looksee to see if it will be good though Transformers is DVR'd in my box already.

HAHAHA. YOU DO REMEMBER LION-O IS A KID AT HEART. AND STILL HAD A LOT TO GROW ON. I THINK TONY WAS TRYING TO GET BACK INTO POWER RANGERS BUT NOT ME OR MY KIDS FOLLOW IT.

NOW IF G.I.JOE FOLLOWS THE NEW REBOOT OF THE MOVIE IT HAS TO PULL SOMETHING BETTER TO KEEP PEOPLE WATCHING. THE MOVIE IS RIGHT NOW IN 234 PLACE OF ALL TIME BOX OFFICE HITS. TRANSFORMERS STILL AT THE TOP.

IT LOOKS LIKE WE GOING BACK TO WHAT WORKED IN THE BIG 80'S SHOWING TITLES.

LETS SEE IF KIDS PICK IT UP AND LIKE I SAID... NOT LIKE THAT TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED THAT CAME AND WENT.

:unsure:
13 years 2 months ago #14535

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

File Attachment:

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
13 years 2 months ago #14725

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

DON'T KNOW... REMINDS ME OF A COMBINATION OF SUPERMAN KRYPTO AND BAT HOUND

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 2 months ago #14728

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

Personally, I like the look of the new black lion, can't wait to see what the other four and Voltron look like.

Just found this:

Report: THQ forming Voltron games
by Randy Nelson on Feb 14th 2011 7:10PM

Variety reports that when the '80s hit Voltron relaunches on the airwaves later this year in the form of Voltron Force, there will be video games on shelves to herald its arrival. According to the article, the titles will be published by THQ, which has secured the exclusive ability to do so from rights holder World Events Productions.

No further details were divulged, such as which developer (or developers) will be in charged of translating the cartoon -- which features a five-person team piloting robotic lions that combine to form the titular mega-robot -- into something we can actually play. We've contacted THQ for comment and will update when we hear back.

13 years 2 months ago #14730

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

This is from Voltron's Facebook page , they have storyboards and unfinished images from Voltron Force there.

Also, cdx reported from toyfair 2011 that Mattel will be producing both a classic toy line through mattycollector.com and a mass marketed line with the new designs.

13 years 2 months ago #14735

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

rtsurfer wrote:

This is from Voltron's Facebook page , they have storyboards and unfinished images from Voltron Force there.

Also you can find out a lot of more leaked stuff about Voltron Force on twitpic.com/photos/VoltronOfficial
13 years 2 months ago #14737

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Lobizon wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Also you can find out a lot of more leaked stuff about Voltron Force on twitpic.com/photos/VoltronOfficial

Thanks, that's some cool stuff, very interesting designs. I am really looking forward to the Voltron Force pilot now.

13 years 2 months ago #14738

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds