An 80's Revival

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by tredwards on topic Re: An 80's Revival

Can't say I was liking the Renegade story anyway. Seemed like an A-Team rip-off. So here's to hoping it's a new series when it comes back.

As for Voltron, that is kind of disappointing. I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, I can wait a little longer.
13 years 1 month ago #15289

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: An 80's Revival

Agreed, Joe Renegades is an A-Team rip-off. I just got up on the current episode this morning and the story is starting to drag. Still, "hiatus" doesn't mean anything bad. Renegades will still be "actively developed" while they work on the LAM sequel. Hopefully they won't follow HG's lead and wait 5 years before releasing something new.
13 years 1 month ago #15291

Replied by Roganu on topic Re: An 80's Revival

If they're going to continue any animated series of GI Joe, it should be Resolute. That was a great micro-series.
Robotech... Macross... I like 'em both.
13 years 1 month ago #15295

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: An 80's Revival

OTHER THAN NOT LIKING THE ANIMATION, I COULD NOT GET INTO THE STORY.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME IS TO KIDDYFIED. AS WELL AS BAD ANIMATION. GIVEN BETWEEN THE ANIMATED VERSION THAT CAME AFTER THE TLAM1 I TAKE THE T.V. ANIMATED OVER PRIME. EVEN THOUGHT THAT ONE DID NOT LAST.

NOW THUNDERCATS.... THAT'S AN ANIMATION. NOW LETS WAIT ON THE STORY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 month ago #15301

Replied by tredwards on topic Re: An 80's Revival

Roganu wrote:

If they're going to continue any animated series of GI Joe, it should be Resolute. That was a great micro-series.

100% agree. Resolute was great. They need to do more of that.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

TRANSFORMERS PRIME IS TO KIDDYFIED. AS WELL AS BAD ANIMATION. GIVEN BETWEEN THE ANIMATED VERSION THAT CAME AFTER THE TLAM1 I TAKE THE T.V. ANIMATED OVER PRIME. EVEN THOUGHT THAT ONE DID NOT LAST.

I didn't care for the animation in the last series but I liked the story. It was a breath of fresh air to see Optimus as a lowly worker instead of the all powerful leader.

NOW THUNDERCATS.... THAT'S AN ANIMATION. NOW LETS WAIT ON THE STORY.

I personally never really cared for Thundercats. Not that I hated it but rather an indifference. If it was on and there wasn't anything else to watch kind of thing. That said though, I'm anxious to see what they do with this reboot.
13 years 1 month ago #15311

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: An 80's Revival

if you watch tonight's Big Bang Theory, the internet bully the guys confront is wearing a Voltron shirt - but you have to look closely. Totally awesome!
13 years 1 month ago #15318

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: An 80's Revival: Voltron Force News

Nick has launched its Voltron Force campaign with a June 16th premiere date and new theme song.

From Zap2it:
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/04/voltron-force-premieres-in-june-with-new-theme-song-by-swizz-beatz.html

Zap2it First
'Voltron Force' premieres in June with new theme song by Swizz Beatz

By Jethro Nededog
April 15, 2011 9:40 PM ET

Fans of the "Voltron" franchise who have been waiting for the Nicktoons animated remake of the popular eighties cartoon will be very excited to hear that the series now has a premiere date.

Zap2it has learned exclusively that "Voltron Force" will premiere on Thursday, June 16 on Nickelodeon.

And that's not all we have learned. It appears that Grammy-winning hip-hop artist, Swizz Beatz, pictured left in the studio, has recorded the remake's theme song, which will make its debut in a promo running on Monday, April 18.

Previously scheduled for a 2010 premiere, fans have been waiting for the remake with anticipation. Art from the new iteration was released in March and fans were happy to see that it doesn't stray too far from the original in its style.

"Voltron: Defender of the Universe," the original series adapted from Japanese animation, was an instant hit among viewers in the mid-eighties and was followed by huge merchandising sales. Its five characters each controlled a robotic lion. When combined, they created the robot Voltron.

In the new series, Voltron and a few new recruits are needed once again to "combat a rising evil in the galaxy and a tyrant from within."

Photo/Video credit: Nicktoons

Listen to the new theme song by Swizz Beatz, "Let's Voltron":
nicktoons.nick.com/videos/clip/voltron-f...-coming-in-june.html

Currently it's featured on the front page of the Nicktoons site:
nicktoons.nick.com/

Download your Voltron Force iron-on or log in and create your own:
nicktoons.nick.com/specials/voltron-force-shirts/ [/size]
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15701
Attachments:

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: An 80's Revival: Voltron Force News

The new theme and Voltron's look when formed may take a bit of getting used to :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 3 weeks ago #15702

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: An 80's Revival: Voltron Force News

The look of Voltron is fine with me, but that song has got to go. :X
13 years 3 weeks ago #15704

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: An 80's Revival: Voltron Force News

rtsurfer wrote:

image...

Found a better one. ;)

As for song, downhere is blocked, so I'll be wait 'til someone upload the thing to YT or something.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15708

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds