An 80's Revival

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: An 80's Revival

All from MTV Geek News :

I liked this quote by MTV Geek in a story showing the new lions as revealed on Voltron's Facebook page --
"2011 is proving to be the year of the 80s reboot with Voltron getting the next revamp treatment."

Meet The New ThunderCats Cast!
geek-news.mtv.com/2011/03/14/meet-the-new-thundercats-cast/

We Compare The Old ThunderCats To The New ThunderCats!
geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/03/we-compare-...the-new-thundercats/

geek-news.mtv.com/2011/03/10/is-this-the...les-animated-series/

Is This The First Image From The New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series?
Posted 3/10/11 5:04 pm ET by Valerie D'Orazio

That's the $250,000 question, as the image was included in a recent Wall Street Journal article (which you need a subscription to access) writing about how Nickelodeon will be launching a new TMNT series in 2012:

The cable channel spent $60 million to acquire the global rights to the fighting green ninjas, and the new cartoon will be done in computer-generated animation.

The 2012 version will not be the only revival of the cult 1987 animated series based on the comics by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird:

1996's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legend of the Supermutants was a Japanese original video animation (OVA)
1997's short-lived Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation was made by Saban and was based more on the TMNT movies than the comics or the previous TV show
2003's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, by 4Kids, was more or less a sequel to the 1987 show, with a deeper focus on characterization
2009's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever was an animated movie, also by 4Kids, that celebrated the Turtles' 25th anniversary by featuring some of the previous incarnations of the group

What this new series will be like, and about, is anybody's guess.

If the pic above is indeed that of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...what do you think? And what would you like to see in the new show?

"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 month ago #15122

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: 80's revival on HUB: NEW Transformers and GIJoe...

Speaking of more Voltron news, besides having new toys, Mattel is release online classic exclusives:

www.toyark.com/news/voltron-toy-news-35/...ltron-classics-3882/
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 1 month ago #15123

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: 80's revival

www.toyark.com/news/voltron-toy-news-35/...ltron-classics-3882/

I learned that it is coming in about 5-6 months, each lion will be around $30 each, with diecast parts, spring actions, articulated figures that fit in each lion, sold on MattyCollector.com, and fully combined into Voltron is over 2-3 feet! Also, each will come with a part to build the blazing sword!

Cool

13 years 1 month ago #15126

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: 80's revival

Doesn't sound like a bad price if info about the toys is correct. Still, limiting to the Matty website makes it difficult to get potentially since the site is always bombarded on sale days.
13 years 1 month ago #15127

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

I just noticed something very interesting...

Voltron's facebook page had something along the lines of 5k "likes" (subscribers/followers) last week, after a little publicity they now have 69,362 .

Robotech's facebook page has 29,899 .

13 years 1 month ago #15132

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

From Voltron's Facebook Page,

Check out Trevor Devall's new Voiceprint Podcast where he interviews the all new voice cast of #Voltron Force!

trevordevall.com/?p=76

Voiceprint with Trevor Devall Eps 29 - Voltron Force!

After a loooooong wait to get clearance, I am finally able to bring you the latest and greatest episode of Voiceprint, brought to you live from the studio on the final day of recording the revamped Voltron Force! So tune in and check out Andrew Francis, Sam Vincent, Ty Olsen, and many more, as they regale you with their experiences on the newest version of this classic show.

Facebook "Likes" continue to go up for both pages:
Voltron 92,353
Robotech 29,917

13 years 1 month ago #15135

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: 80's revival

rtsurfer wrote:

From Voltron's Facebook Page,

Check out Trevor Devall's new Voiceprint Podcast where he interviews the all new voice cast of #Voltron Force!

trevordevall.com/?p=76

Voiceprint with Trevor Devall Eps 29 - Voltron Force!

After a loooooong wait to get clearance, I am finally able to bring you the latest and greatest episode of Voiceprint, brought to you live from the studio on the final day of recording the revamped Voltron Force! So tune in and check out Andrew Francis, Sam Vincent, Ty Olsen, and many more, as they regale you with their experiences on the newest version of this classic show.

Facebook "Likes" continue to go up for both pages:
Voltron 92,353
Robotech 29,917

Robo-Tech is up to 29,989
Voltron 110,471

I wonder if Voltron likes Robo-Tech
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 1 month ago #15144

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: 80's revival

wow, that's amazing. this really shows the potential influence of the internet. Still, I don't think HG and Robo-Tech care about Voltron since Voltron isn't a competitor as Kevin has repeatedly stated that HG's competition have all gone bankrupt.
13 years 1 month ago #15163

Replied by tredwards on topic Re: An 80's Revival

So G.I. Joe Renegades is going on hiatus until the new movie is ready to come out.

http://generalsjoes.com/2011/03/24/g-i-joe-renegades-confirmed-on-hiatus-after-a-single-season/

Sounds somewhat familiar...
13 years 1 month ago #15284

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: An 80's Revival

tredwards wrote:

So G.I. Joe Renegades is going on hiatus until the new movie is ready to come out.

http://generalsjoes.com/2011/03/24/g-i-joe-renegades-confirmed-on-hiatus-after-a-single-season/

Sounds somewhat familiar...

This is disappointing news but I'm not surprised. I was watching an episode the other day wondering how long the renegade storyline would run before they made the flip -- Pubic finds out Cobra is evil and Joes are heros at which point they form a task force to legitimately combat Cobra. I was also considering whether they would keep the current series title or spin it into a completely new series, the later seems more likely now with this news.

There is a hint of possible news related to Voltron. Their facebook has been saying the series would tentatively premiere on nick this spring (may), now they are dropping hints that nick may push it back to this summer. Having to wait a couple of more months isn't so bad.
I saw where someone was speculating wep and nick were pushing it back until the new toy line could be unveiled this summer at the cons.

13 years 1 month ago #15286

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds