Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Jaymz wrote:

Sucks in a way don't it? :D

Moving? Hell yes and I'm going to where its COLDER than where I live now. Of course, I imagine the job market is better in Atlanta than here in Central Florida.

As for the scales/damage, I'm going with Static Resist/Static Damage modified by Player Ability. The better you are as a 'Pilot' (I dislike that word for anything BUT aircraft) the more resistance your mecha gets (Plot Armour) and the higher you roll on your Strike modifies upwards the damage you do to an enemy.

The problem is, what to do? I'm thinking of using Averages to determine actual Body Rating and Basic Damage.

Ex. - Cyclone with 4D Body would translate into a Vehicle Body of 14 (3.5 is the average roll on a D6). Unlike Palladium (or many systems like Battletech) this is not Hit Points, merely the Target Number your damage has to achieve to do at least 1 Box of damage (any hit with a similar scaled weapon, even if it doesn't penetrate the armour, SHOULD result in a 'Stunned' box for 1 round).

Ex. 2 - An EP-37 Anti-Armour Blast that does (as an example) 7D Vehicle would translate into 25 Vehicle Damage (round up fractions). A Cyclone shot successfully by said EP-37 would take damage. Question is, how many boxes even for basic damage? Should it solely be based on the Strike?

Edit: Speaking of Damage Boxes for vehicles/mecha, here is a little back of the envelope scribbling:

1: Stunned (-1D to all dice rolls for 1 round)
2: Perforated (-1D to all dice rolls)
3: Damaged (-2D to all dice rolls; systems may go offline)
4: Shut Down (no further actions as all systems go offline)
5: Destroyed (1-2 rounds before vehicle explodes)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
14 years 2 months ago #10071

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Hey Brook, tt's so fun, to watch a nerd in his natural habbitat. Get a life bro!!!
14 years 2 months ago #10080

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

MGREXX wrote:

Hey Brook, tt's so fun, to watch a nerd in his natural habbitat. Get a life bro!!!

That's rich coming from someone who collects toys.
14 years 2 months ago #10083

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Okay guys knock it off, stick to the topic. Keep your personal squabbles out of this.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #10087

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Well teh adding of damage as a result of a good die roll seems to be akin to waht they do in Heavy Gear/Silcore. I have no problem with that as it means you just hit a more critical location and were able to do more damage because of it.

Less damage do to a good "piloting" roll could be equated to receiving a glancing blow so that is another thing that seems to make sense.

However with you damage example above (Cyclone with a abody of 4d EP-37 doing 7d)

So the Cyclone would have an average of 14 and the damage of the EP-37 woudl be 24-25 does that mean unless the cyclone rolls really well on his "piloting" roll when hit by this weapon, and the attacker only rolls enough to hit without adding damage, he is destroyed?
14 years 2 months ago #10099

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Jaymz wrote:

So the Cyclone would have an average of 14 and the damage of the EP-37 woudl be 24-25 does that mean unless the cyclone rolls really well on his "piloting" roll when hit by this weapon, and the attacker only rolls enough to hit without adding damage, he is destroyed?

No, more like adding a static number to the Cyclone based on the Operator's skill. Its sort of the whole 'Plot Armour' idea. I'm operating under the assumption that each 1D worth of skill adds 3.5 to the Armour, with Pips adding their exact value.

Ex. - A really experienced Cyclone Infantryman w/5D+2 Powered Armour Operation would add 20 to his Cyclone to give him a resist of 34: (3.5 * 5)+2

This would give him a good chance of keeping from getting hurt when shot with Vehicle scale weaponry (Wolverine 7.62mm SLAP rounds, for example).
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
14 years 2 months ago #10102

Ah ok so you are using a static number in place of the Die rolls for armour essentially.
14 years 2 months ago #10104

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Jaymz wrote:

Ah ok so you are using a static number in place of the Die rolls for armour essentially.

Yea, I'm trying to prevent as much Double Randomization as possible. Theoretically, it SHOULD speed up combat. Of course, there is always the possibility a player will either add-up wrong or cheat when determining armour vs. damage.
14 years 2 months ago #10134

Well that is possible regardless of what way you go about it so.....

Alright I will try to remeber that when I look at statting something as a n example :)
14 years 2 months ago #10141

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Jaymz wrote:

Well that is possible regardless of what way you go about it so.....

Alright I will try to remeber that when I look at statting something as a n example :)

Best way is to come up with the standard Body Code and then multiply that by 3.5 (statistically average roll on a D6).
14 years 2 months ago #10142

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds