Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by insomniac009 on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

I know I'm walking into this late but can someone send me these files or a link to them? The Megaupload stuff is unavailable so if someone could point me in the direction of an alternate source that would be great.

Thanks
12 years 1 month ago #18406

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

I too would like to get some of this.

How hard would it be to convert for Swords and Wizardry rules?
11 years 4 months ago #19803

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

I'm still working on the setting at the moment and will resume modifications to the rules when I can:

alternaterobotech.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Robotech_Wiki

As for conversion to S&W, I'm not sure how to go about that. It would be interesting to see to say the least.

About the only other thing I am doing at the moment is trying to complete a revision of the Robotech RPG 1st Edition to be a bit more playable (including some things from 2nd edition like the Quick-Start tables). It mostly is going to require making the game more Cinematic by replacing the existing enemy units MDC with a scalable system based upon Heroic/Villainous status, plus cut down MDCs for Mooks etc. The idea is that you could be equivalent to one of the main characters in Robotech which the current Palladium system does a piss poor job of replicating.
11 years 4 months ago #19815

Replied by grinlen on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Hi,

I'm also looking for the pdf of this D6 version.

Does someone can send me link or file by mail ?

Thanks & regards,
11 years 4 months ago #19894

Replied by Jeffrywith1e on topic Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Are these files still around any more? I'd like a copy if so.
8 years 1 month ago #21735

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

The main issue with the Palladium system is the clunky ffffiiifffttteeeeeeennn sssseeeeccccoooonnnddd melee. along with the underpowered weapons. The simple fix to the first is to drop to a 5 second melee. To do this; Every character gets 2 actions per melee 2-3 seconds per action. A single dodge effects every shot directed at the character that melee (the effective base-to-hit #), yes that means that if you have a +1 dodge and roll a 2 all they need is a 3+. if a character has auto-dodge then they needn't spend one of their 2 actions that melee for a dodge. If a character chooses not to dodge he has a base of 4 (4 or less still misses - that also means that a character with less than a +3 dodge bonus can have a lower to-hit with a flubbed dodge than if he just stood there - idiot jumped into the shot, oops) the listed APM is converted to an initiative bonus instead, so that elite PA pilot with Boxing, N&SS Martial Arts and Juicer upgrades has a +11 initiative instead of 11 actions (yes, I had a Rifts Juicer Minotaur in PA with 11 APMs and auto-dodge - :P - anyway...). the new sequence of play is; everyone declares dodges (or no dodge) those who make a dodge roll and determine target #s. everyone roles initiative. 1 action is resolved each in order of initiative. (remaining actions may be spent on defensive actions - such as RwP - if desired, as attacks are resolved, along with other auto-actions, ie: auto-parry). after all characters have resolved 1 action (or have none left due to defensive actions - Dodge, RwP etc.) any surviving characters with a second action remaining may use it (original dodges still count - unless that character has already been rendered incapacitated - unconscious, entangled etc...)
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
8 years 1 week ago #21846

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

now - as to the underpowered weapons - I put this separate because it's optional to the melee adjustments.
If you want more amine like action then Damage modifiers are as follows.
  1. rolls of >11 = glancing blow - normal damage
  2. rolls of 11-19 = solid hit - x2 damage
  3. rolls of 20+ = direct hit - x4 damage
  4. rolls of crit target # = x2 damage

5. that means that if you have a dodge of (say) 5, I have a +7 attack mod and roll a nat20, that's a 22 difference x4 and a crit hit (nat20) for another x2 so damage rolled x8 ... bang!!!!

that can be real disappointing when you get a hit like that and roll a 3 or 4 :angry: but it also means that a decent Veritech pilot can one-shot a Battle Pod with a GU-11 on a regular basis.
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by DR-052.
8 years 1 week ago #21847

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds