Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

teedeeus wrote:

Does it look good to you just for guidelines that we can use for converting over Next Generation mecha?

Eh, its okay at a basis, I guess. Between the the document you provided earlier and some of the mecha presented there, its a start I suppose.
14 years 2 months ago #10281

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

I know the work there well for the Star Wars Material which is done VERY well. However I am not all that fond of his non Star Wars stuff converted to d6 but thats just me.
14 years 2 months ago #10288

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Ok, finally got around to getting some stuff done. Decided to whip up some basic character templates. Generally speaking, these are written for the era around the 2nd Robotech War (end of The Malcontent Uprisings through the Invid Invasion/Sentinels Mission) for my Alternate Robotech campaign. So they are useful for fighting Malcontents, AUL soldiers during the 2nd Anti-Unification War, Bioroids during the 2nd Robotech War and the Invid during the Occupation.

Enjoy!

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg. Reason: Corrected a broken link
13 years 8 months ago #13102

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

NICE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 8 months ago #13104

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Copypasta from the Palladium boards as I figured it would be pertinent for this thread as it contains 'setting' information.

rtsurfer wrote:
If the use of Protoculture in Robotechnology can so easily be replaced by Hydrogen, then why didn't the Masters, the Invid, and the Zentreadi do just that? Would have saved them all trips to Earth, prevented so much loss of life, destruction of technology, and spared Earth 3 invasions.

That's why for my Alternate Robotech setting SLMH is a product from the refined sap of the Invid Flower of Life (and The Zor Flower mutation that requires The Pollinators to propagate). Tommy has so confused the issue that its better to simply clean the slate and reboot totally.

- The Haydonites can use the pure Invid Flower sap (Zor Flowers too), SLMH and HBT (basic hydrogen cell) as the Invid Flowers are actually fallen Haydon super bio-technology. What better way to have SLMH than by literally growing your own supply (Invid Flowers can grow in almost ANY environment as they are super-parasites)? In my setting, the Invid never actually came to Haydon III, IV and V as anything but visitors. They are the real movers and shakers (secretly giving the Invid the technology to make the Sensor Nebula's and a supply of the Zor Flowers; they gave the Monte Yarrow the ability to bond with the Invid Flowers). They play each of the groups off each other (on the orders of The Awareness).

- The Masters need the FOL because most of their technology requires pure sap to keep it going (I took the idea of their bio-technology and ran with it somewhat like in the Robotech Graphic Novel and novelizations), though they do need SLMH (Reflex Energy Cells) to power their mecha (the Bioroid needs both since it is technically a living being). It was a previously resurrected Zor clone that managed to get the sterile Invid Flowers to mutate into the Zor Flowers and propagate (since Invid Flowers had become basically non-existent due to worlds on which they grew being purposely targeted by the ancient Zentraedi when they brought down Zor's Robotech Republic).

- The Disciples of Zor have access to both the Invid and Zor Flowers (stolen) and need the sap and SLMH in the same fashion as The Masters. They are based in the Andromeda Galaxy fighting against The Robotech Elders and the Monte Yarrow (more about them in a second). They don't use Bioroids, but have taken regular Zentraedi technology and used the Bioroid technology to upgrade it.

- The Zentraedi need minimal levels of the refined sap to keep their warships and bases 'healthy' (they get by with the refined sap of The Zor Flowers) but need massive amounts of SLMH to power their mecha and ships. On Earth, many Zentraedi become addicted to a substance called Mist (due to it being an inhalant) that uses the petals of Zor Flowers that grow near the ruins of crashed Zentraedi cruisers (Khyron becomes addicted to Mist and switches allegiance and becomes a Malcontent after being one of Breetai's most loyal <if bloodthirsty> generals. That's when he becomes 'The Backstabber').

- The Invid (Regess and Regent forces) need the Invid Flowers as they are the basis of their food supply (not the only part, but part nonetheless). Like Tirolians, the Invid's mecha need the refined sap to keep their mecha and ships 'healthy' (since their tech is actually based on the Zentraedi's). They can get by with the Zor Flowers if need be, but they provide minimal requirements. The Invid and Monte Yarrow consider one another to be traitors to The Forefathers (the species Zor enslaved when he took the Flowers of Life). The Regess and Regent are actually the last two of The Forefathers and need the pure FoL sap to achieve a pure-energy state of being. When they say the Invid are their children, they are being literal. They can survive off the Zor Flowers

- The Monte Yarrow were once the third tribe of the Invid (making the Invid play off the Triumvirate) but managed to bond themselves with their few remaining Invid Flowers so that they literally do not need the sap anymore. Like the Flowers, they are super-parasites (their initial form is basically like the Formless Spawn of Cthulhu fame). More than the regular Invid, the Monte Yarrow are bonded to one another (the race is literally one mind and is basically one being). The mecha, ships and 'personnel' are basically the same creature (they form and reform like the T-1000 from Terminator 2).
13 years 8 months ago #13118

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Whipped up a few more to post. Some of these are based very loosely on concepts from Robotech that never got explored (such as the Space Pirates comment in Half Moon).

Enjoy!

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
13 years 8 months ago #13126

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Decided to do a couple more after a chat with SetoKaiba.

Enjoy!

13 years 8 months ago #13128

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Those templates look sweet. nicely done BRL. Now we just need som emecvha and we're good to go :)
13 years 8 months ago #13143

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Workin on it. ;)
13 years 8 months ago #13144

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Ok, here are my first attempts. I decided that sticking close to the same damage scales shown in the Star Wars RPG was probably wisest as opposed to that online Robotech D6 where the Beta had an 8D body code (WTF?). Unlike the published RPG, non-transformable mecha will generally be more heavily armored than variable mecha of similar size (with some exceptions). I figured that the armor for all Battloid-scale mecha should really top out at 6D, with the best being the Destroids. Later generations like the Salamander and on down the line with the Cougar would have the same armor (6D) but increased mobility to reflect advances in making low-mass bio-metals & conposite laminar.

Anyway, I might refine these further by having Body Codes for specific locations on the mecha (and corresponding weakspots for smaller mecha to take advantage of). However, I'm going to need a little time before I tackle that so I'm just posting the basic versions now.

About the whole Heavy, Medium & Light Particle Beams.

- Heavy Particle beams are based on the theory of Ambiplasma (plasma state matter/anti-matter). There has been some theorizing that matter and anti-matter perhaps do NOT destroy one another but in fact repel one another. A heavy particle beam emits ambiplasma, resulting in 3 types of 'damage' (so to speak): physical, ionization & knockdown. Physical damage, naturally, can destroy the target. Ionization fries the controls (like ion cannons in SW) and knockdown requires the enemy to make a piloting role to stand/regain his flight path (failure of such a role means the Narrator should do bad things).

- Medium Particle Beam Cannons emit plasma and do physical and ionization.

- Light Particle Beams (also known as proton cannons) emit a stream protons and do physical damage only.

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
13 years 8 months ago #13147

Time to create page: 0.619 seconds