Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Brooklyn-Red-Leg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Made a couple more, focusing on the hard-hitter Veritechs. I'll try and do up some more enemy units soon.

The Aurora, as you'll notice, is not exactly like the Ajax, but has additional armaments that I thought made sense.

About the Devastator's Cottonmouth missiles: According to Roger Harkavy that unit is NOT a sensor cluster like the uRRG thought, but a bomb(?) rack like what Palladium originally wrote. I had to guesstimate the size and based the rest on the Diamondback.

Enjoy!

13 years 8 months ago #13150

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

I am liking what I am seeing so far and to be honest isnt that far off from what I had been doing way back when using just the SW d6 version of rules...
13 years 8 months ago #13160

Replied by gundamoutlaw on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

This really looks cool, it's one of the better non-palladium conversions for Robotech I've seen. Any idea how long before you'll have a pdf version available for download?
13 years 8 months ago #13161

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

gundamoutlaw wrote:

This really looks cool, it's one of the better non-palladium conversions for Robotech I've seen. Any idea how long before you'll have a pdf version available for download?

Heh, thanks. As for when I'll have a .pdf, I'm not sure. I'm still trying to collect artwork and such, though I'm getting closer and closer to it being finished in that regard. I'm also still fleshing out my timeline and such. However, just with what has been presented in this thread so far someone could do a direct conversion of Robotech to D6.
13 years 8 months ago #13162

Replied by gundamoutlaw on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

That's fine, I guess I'll just keep following this thread then for the moment and see how things play out. Good luck with the project.
13 years 8 months ago #13163

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Keep it up BRL, you're saving ME alot of work too :D
13 years 8 months ago #13167

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Okay,

sorry for the long time without an update. Been REALLY busy. I am slogging through The Invid Occupation/Third Robotech War and The Sentinels Campaign for the timeline. However, I have managed to produce a pair of test files for people to peruse. These are basically complete, though I might be adding and/or subtracting as time goes on. Jaymz has graciously hosted these and has offered to host the entirety in the future.

Just to reiterate, in case someone has managed to make it this far, I am writing up an Alternate Universe version of Robotech. I did this for a whole host of reasons not the least of which is the fact I think that Robotech could survive a reboot that throws out the existing SDF Macross designs by replacing them with the plethora of designs from numerous sources (comics, RPG, OSM et al). I think it could even remove the majority of the 'offending' SDF Macross-isms as well: Sekiton instead of Protoculture, Battloid instead of Destroid, Janice Em instead of Minmay, Space Defense Fortress instead of Super Dimensional Fortress, Zentraedi that are normal human height instead of giants etc.

So, anyway, here we go....

Body Armour in Alternate Robotech
www.spacestationliberty.com/woj/Body_Armor.pdf

VHT-1C1 Spartan Veritech Hovertank
www.spacestationliberty.com/woj/VHT_1_Spartan.pdf

And as a bonus, here is my 1st iteration of the 'cover' for the eventual .pdf -

12 years 10 months ago #16554

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

NICE. LOOKS GREAT THERE BROOK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16557

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)

Okay, updated the Body Armor file...

www.megaupload.com/?d=CTF5HLC7
12 years 10 months ago #16614

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Okay,

a little more:

Small Arms file v1.0
www.megaupload.com/?d=0FDDDU2P

Vehicle Sheet Packet v1.0
www.megaupload.com/?d=C69GZJYB

Mecha Sheet Packet v1.0
www.megaupload.com/?d=0LXRZV5R

Spaceship Sheet Packet v1.0
www.megaupload.com/?d=TSL1KSFX

These are test batch files, so there are probably some mistakes throughout. I'm still trying to catch where I've changed weapons damages and such. So don't consider these to be the final form.
12 years 10 months ago #16712

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds