Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ROBOTECH MARKETING was created by MEMO1DOMINION

SORRY GUYS, WAS MOVING SOME OF THE POST OUT FROM THE 2011 THREAD TO A NEW ONE SINCE THE TOPIC THREAD WAS BEING DERAILED AND ENDED ERASING BOTH...

THIS THREAD IS BETTER SUITED.

SO CONTINUE ON...
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Lobizon.
13 years 1 month ago #15011

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH MARKETING

Other than the limited Tour stops which just reiterate that Shadow Chronicles is online for free and the Beta Fighter is finally a toy, what other marketing for Robotech has even been seen recently?
13 years 1 month ago #15014

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH MARKETING

ps99041 wrote:

Other than the limited Tour stops which just reiterate that Shadow Chronicles is online for free and the Beta Fighter is finally a toy, what other marketing for Robotech has even been seen recently?

1/100 SCALE AND VINYL TOYS.

OTHER THAN THAT NOT MUCH OUT THERE. WISH THERE WERE SHIRTS THOUGHT.

THINKING OF DOING MY OWN ROBOTECH BASKETBALL JERSEY STYLE SHIRT. BLACK WITH ROBOTECH ON THE FRONT. NOT SURE IF RED OR GOLD ON THE NAME.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 month ago #15019

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH MARKETING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

1/100 SCALE AND VINYL TOYS.

OTHER THAN THAT NOT MUCH OUT THERE. WISH THERE WERE SHIRTS THOUGHT.

THINKING OF DOING MY OWN ROBOTECH BASKETBALL JERSEY STYLE SHIRT. BLACK WITH ROBOTECH ON THE FRONT. NOT SURE IF RED OR GOLD ON THE NAME.

Too bad the 1/100 scale toys are labeled as Macross and most of the designs weren't even in Robotech. Thus, Robotech fans are really only getting 1 vinyl Officer's Battlepod which looks awesome.
13 years 1 month ago #15028

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

Some interesting quotes by Kevin McKeever from his THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER :

"What type of impact this will have on anime conventions are unknown."

"If filling your car (even a hybrid one) is costing you $50 or $75 or $100 to fill up, that is real money you don't want to part with. Most anime fans often drive great distances to get to conventions they want to go to. If those fans that drive are getting hit with these prices to fill up thier cars now try to imagine what it will be like when were in the "summer convention season". A season that happens to align with the summer driving season when prices peak."

"A 13% increase and gas prices are still rising with no end in sight. It will be interesting to see how this affects the conventions."

"The overwhelming majority of anime fans drive to their local conventions. Many of them often drive long distances (over 2 hours) to get to the conventions. With gas now hitting $4 USD per gallon in most parts of the country well before the summer driving season and could easily hit $5 USD per gallon before summers over could really make the summer convention season interesting.

High gas prices act as a tax if people are going to have to spend $70-80 USD to fill up a compact car gas tank its less money they have to spend on cons and anime products."

"Anime conventions cant offer gas vouchers and the rely on people driving into thier show.We have major attractions down 10% in attendance what will happen to the larger anime conventions this summer?"

[Click Spoiler! to read full posts...]
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15867

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

heh. I fail to see the major concern or the need to winge and whine over an issue like that. Remove the government subsidaries paid into the US pumps which causes a continuing loss of global proffit in the oil industry which forces the prices to go up without the help of conflicts.

$4, $5 per gallon? I'd be estatic to get even $6-8 per gallon here, as it would be cheaper then current price. :blink:
12 years 11 months ago #15870

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Seriously, I don't think gas prices will impact convention attendance at major cons the way McKeever thinks. If people want to go, they'll go and can try to carpool. Sure, I think small cons may be hit a bit. I am going to Botcon in June driving down from the San Francisco Bay Area and gas doesn't even matter to me. I'll just cut my spending in another area of my life. Besides, I paid for the Primus package of $325 and if that didn't scare me away, $5/gallon certainly won't. Also, aren't anime fans supposed to be rich?
12 years 11 months ago #15874

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

For the majority of cons you have several scenarios-

Younger people, namely Teenagers - early 20's usualy ride together. 3-5 people in a vehicle(Plus accessories)

Then you have people like me, mid 20's (25 here) who ride alone or with one or two people. Singles or couples mostly.

Then you have older fans (30+), seem to be more the RPG,LARP crowds who ride together still. Usually two couples.

Then you have the con caravans where people are bringing things for booths/exhibition in trucks/vans etc and usually have multiple people in same vehicle.

With the exception of people in my age range who tend to be either couples or single. Most other groups fill a car.

Therefor $45/3 = $15/person. That is very affordable even for most.

Now here in Central Florida, the average regular unleaded is around $3.85 give or take. I definately understand that West Coast people have it much worse as do North East folks.

One thing to consider as well is this, many of these public "freak outs" only server to worsen a situation that is not as bad or good as they are stated to be. Take China for example how they are growing so fast and all that, interesting thing was they were growing and growing yet this quarter there have been multiple reports of MULTI-billion dollor trade deficits after several years of growth. As always people make things into balloons. In the case of gas, I imagine prices fluctuating especially with the conflicts in mid east and what not. I do not imagine it breaking the $5 national average anytime soon. it may do so REGIONALLY but not on a the National average.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15875

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Still, I guess this explains why McKeever wants the sidequel footage to exclusive to cons: he single handedly maintaining con attendance. Such a hero!
12 years 11 months ago #15876

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

I literally laughed out loud and spilled my Dr.Pepper....damn you Ahchu!

BACK ON TOPIC -

The majority of cons have sold the majority of available tickets in advance, at least the big ones do. That makes it so that ,despite elevated gas prices, people will make adjustments accordingly to attend as they have already paid into the trip.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15877

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds