Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Yeah I have been eyeing a Ducatti Sport 1000 but the price on them is rough. Thinking about a new R6 too, the old girl needs an update.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15903

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Still, I guess it isn't really practical to ride a bicycle or motorcycle due to the potential collectibles you'd be buying. That's why I have to drive down for Botcon.
12 years 11 months ago #15907

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

There is always the sidecar lol. Some of those buckets go pretty deep, lots of room for stuff.
12 years 11 months ago #15912

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

NEWS IS FILLED WITH PRICES ON FOOD AND MATERIALS GOING UP AND
LOOKS LIKE THEY BLAMING FUEL PRICES. I ALREADY NOTICED SMALLER PORTIONS ON TAKE OUT FOOD HERE IN L.A.

LOS ANGELES ANIME EXPO RAISED THEIR PRICE ON SPACE FOR THEIR CONS. SOME INDUSTRY'S OPTED OUT SHOWING UP THERE. WONDER IF THEY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN COMIC CON. THING IS AT LEAST AT COMIC CON THEY KNOW THEY ARE COUNTING ON FANS BUYING UP THEIR TOYS TO COVER THEIR COST SINCE THEIR NUMBER OF ATTENDANCE IS BIGGER THAN ANIME EXPO.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #15916

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

I agree that gas prices won't affect the big cons as much as it will affect the smaller cons or ones in hard to get to places.

Most of the people I know go to cons to hang out with people, not so much to buy things. Then again, living in Los Angeles, a lot of things you see available at con you can buy locally. It also doesn't help that nowadays you can buy a lot of things online and sometimes for less than you would at con.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
12 years 11 months ago #15930

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

GOTTA AGREE.

MOST OF THE CONS HERE IN L.A. ARE VERY CLOSE TO EACH OTHER. GAS IS NOT THAT BAD FOR LOCAL DRIVES. EVEN IF YOU DRIVE TO SAN DIEGO. GOOD TIMES TO HAG WITH FRIENDS.

ANIME L.A.
ANAHEIM COMIC CON
ANIME EXPO L.A.
LONG BEACH COMIC CON

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2 HOURS AWAY FROM L.A.
SAN FRANSISCO IS ONLY ABOUT 8 HOUR DRIVE WITH MORE CONS THERE.

VEGAS HAS A FEW. CREATION CON AND SUCH.
12 years 11 months ago #15962

Wish Orlando had more, all we get is Megacon. Although Tampa gets Metrocon but that's about 2 hours one way.
12 years 11 months ago #15965

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

I WOULD TRAVEL 2 HOURS. WHAT KEEPING YOU FROM ATTENDING?
12 years 11 months ago #15969

The fact that most panels are staggered over three days and since Tampa is a bay area and the convention center is on the water, in mid summer hotel prices are insane plus guests and panels are hit and miss unfortunately. In 09 hey had the cast from Gundam Wing (one of my faves) then last years they had almost no one I was interested in. Tamp traffic sucks too.
12 years 11 months ago #15971

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Tamp traffic sucks too.

Quoted for truth by a Tampa resident.
12 years 11 months ago #15983

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds