Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Richardmvela wrote:

I literally laughed out loud and spilled my Dr.Pepper....damn you Ahchu!

BACK ON TOPIC -

The majority of cons have sold the majority of available tickets in advance, at least the big ones do. That makes it so that ,despite elevated gas prices, people will make adjustments accordingly to attend as they have already paid into the trip.

Great point Richardmvela. Still, I gotta point out that not every big con sells out like ComicCon but prepaying usually saves attendees money so that can also offset some of the gas cost. And sorry about the Dr. Pepper...
12 years 11 months ago #15880

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

That's why I said they sell the majority of their tickets not all, I should have also said though, that those were the multi day tickets mostly. There are always the walk ups for a specific day, usually Saturdays it seems.

On a side note, I did not know that the Orange County Convention Center here in Orlando is the second largest in the country. Too bad more conventions don't make it here.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #15881

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

BUMMER FOR THOSE ON GAS.

I USED TO DRIVE A LOT TO SAN DIEGO OR SAN FRANSISCO FROM WHERE I LIVE IN LOS ANGELES ON ANY GIVEN TIME. BUT WHEN GAS PEAKS I JUST MAKE UP FOR IT IN OTHER CUTS. TAXES IS ALSO DRIVING UP THE GAS OUT HERE. SO PRETTY SOON THE TAX WELL BE RELAXED AND HOPE SOME CHANGES HAPPEN. I STILL COMMUTE TO WORK IN MY CAR OR VAN.

FOR CONS I HAVE TO PLAN AHEAD ON WHAT OTHER THINGS I CAN ENJOY AT THE SAME TIME. SINCE I HAVE FAMILY ALL AROUND I TRY TO MAKE THE MOST OF WHAT I CAN DURING CON ATTENDING.

ANAHEIM COMIC CON JUST STARTED HERE IN ORANGE COUNTY (SOUTH OF LOS ANGELES). MAKES UP FOR FANS THAT CAN'T AFFORD THE DRIVE TO SAN DIEGO AND AS WELL GETTING PASSES. YOU CAN SAVE A LOT ON GAS THAT WAY. NOT ONLY THAT, YOU HAVE DISNEYLAND RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET.

INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THE CON GOERS ACCEPT IT. WOULD SURE SAVE GAS ON LOT OF PEOPLE WHO LIVE HERE IN THE L.A. METRO AND SURROUNDING CITY'S.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15883

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Orlando only gets Megacon, and some smaller one like Disney hosted Star Wars stuff and the RPG stuff unfortunately.
12 years 11 months ago #15884

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Well, you could always start making RF60 in your backyard. Not sure how it will pan out with hybrids or motorbikes. Good old 240Proof Absinth, vodka and a small amount of petrolium. Powers soviet tanks during emergancy operations. more suited to petrol engines, however it can be used in diesels and turbo-props. lol Best part is that you can make and store quantities without having to use an LRT addetive for optimal preservation. :P
12 years 11 months ago #15887

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

with high gas prices I wounder how many would buy electic car or plug in hybird. When I hear chances of 5$ gas make want to buy Nissan leaf when get the money. plug in are better just more expensive.
12 years 11 months ago #15889

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

spark300c wrote:

with high gas prices I wounder how many would buy electic car or plug in hybird. When I hear chances of 5$ gas make want to buy Nissan leaf when get the money. plug in are better just more expensive.

BUY A HORSE! :P
12 years 11 months ago #15890

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

khoroshen wrote:

spark300c wrote:

BUY A HORSE! :P

Why not just buy a bike? It's healthier :cheer:
12 years 11 months ago #15891

ps99041 wrote:

Not in Florida. As much as I want to get a Ducatti Sport 1000, Florida highways aren't the best for bike riders which is ironic considering Bike Week in Daytona Beach (20 minutes away :) ) and BikeTober Fest in Orlando (25 minutes away :) ).

Bikers here tend to have a high accident rate due to other drivers mainly. Sucks too considering the Winters here are so nice and the summer is perfect riding weather.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Richardmvela.
12 years 11 months ago #15893

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin McKeever ask what will happen to the larger anime conventions this sum

Richardmvela wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Not in Florida. As much as I want to get a Ducatti Sport 1000, Florida highways aren't the best for bike riders which is ironic considering Bike Week in Daytona Beach (20 minutes away :) ) and BikeTober Fest in Orlando (25 minutes away :) ).

Bikers here tend to have a high accident rate due to other drivers mainly. Sucks too considering the Winters here are so nice and the summer is perfect riding weather.

I USED TO DRIVE A YAMAHA R1 AND SUZUKI GSXR 750. HAD BOOTH AT SAME TIME AND WOULD USE DEPEND ON SPEED VS. COMFORT WHEN WHEN DRIVING THEM. LATE TO WORK, JUMPED ON R1. CRUISE TO WORK I TAKE THE GSXR.

SCRAPED A LOT OF CARS HERE IN L.A FREEWAYS. YEAH, IT GETS ME THROUGH TRAFFIC AND FASTER TO WORK. NEVER GOT A TICKET. JUST THAT GOING THROUGH THESE FREEWAYS HERE THAT ANY GIVEN TIME I COULD WIN THE LOTTO ACCIDENT AND END UP IN THE NEWS. SO I JUST SOLD THEM.

AND IT WAS A HUGE GAS SAVER AND CHEAP ON MAINTENANCE.

NEVER USED IT FOR A CON THOUGHT. I TEND TO BUY A LOT AND WOULD BE HARD TO PUT BIG BOXES OF COLLECTIBLES IN MY BACKPACK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15897

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds