Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

:P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16285

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

:huh:

With all the blow outs and sold outs, not to mention rt.com's long standing reputation for being out of stock, is rt.com's store going out of business or something? :ohmy:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16286

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

rtsurfer wrote:

With all the blow outs and sold outs, not to mention rt.com's long standing reputation for being out of stock, is rt.com's store going out of business or something? :ohmy:

That's what I was just thinking surfer. Maybe they need some quick cash to pay some salaries since there's no other income at the moment. :unsure: Otherwise, they're producing yet another release of everything in a new collector's set.
12 years 11 months ago #16288

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

That's what I was just thinking surfer. Maybe they need some quick cash to pay some salaries since there's no other income at the moment. :unsure: Otherwise, they're producing yet another release of everything in a new collector's set.

Hey PS...didn't we mention that about a week or so ago and those posts MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared???

I will say again.....BLOWOUT SALE?

My local Borders did that........because they were closing the store.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM?

But HEY, I'm just speculating here. :woohoo:
12 years 11 months ago #16289

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

Well they did get in stock of the remastered sets. That being said, I have a hard time imagining they have been published again.....perhaps back stock that has been in storage? Also with ADV out of business the new ones can't be from them. Also Seraphim Digita/Sentai Films/ Whatever the companies that comprise Neo-ADV (the companies that ADV split into) are theones that have the rights to Robotech right? Or is it Manga Ent.? I wonder if Either would re-release any RT dvds as anyone who wants them has them plus Netfliix and Hulu kind of make that unlikely.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16292

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

Zen72 wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Hey PS...didn't we mention that about a week or so ago and those posts MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared???

I will say again.....BLOWOUT SALE?

My local Borders did that........because they were closing the store.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMM?

But HEY, I'm just speculating here. :woohoo:

thanks for reminding me. since they weren't there i thought i was just imagining we made those posts just like i imagined watching Steve say SR was delayed due to SR or Tommy saying SR release is up in the air til something happens with LAM. :P
12 years 11 months ago #16293

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

ps99041 wrote:

:unsure: Otherwise, they're producing yet another release of everything in a new collector's set.

HMMM... COULD BE SINCE THEY MOVING AWAY FROM THE MPC LINE. HOPE WE GET TO SEE AN ALPHA AND BETA IN SMALLER PACKAGES.

Richardmvela wrote:

Well they did get in stock of the remastered sets. That being said, I have a hard time imagining they have been published again.....perhaps back stock that has been in storage? Also with ADV out of business the new ones can't be from them. Also Seraphim Digita/Sentai Films/ Whatever the companies that comprise Neo-ADV (the companies that ADV split into) are theones that have the rights to Robotech right? Or is it Manga Ent.? I wonder if Either would re-release any RT dvds as anyone who wants them has them plus Netfliix and Hulu kind of make that unlikely.

I THINK THE RIGHTS WAS EXPIRING THIS YEAR. MAYBE THEY ALREADY DID.

MANGA WOULD BE A PROBABLE CHOICE SINCE THEY HAVE THE ONLINE RIGHTS TO SHOW IT.

ANYONE CHECK MANGA SITE YET?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16299

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

:unsure: Otherwise, they're producing yet another release of everything in a new collector's set.

HMMM... COULD BE SINCE THEY MOVING AWAY FROM THE MPC LINE. HOPE WE GET TO SEE AN ALPHA AND BETA IN SMALLER PACKAGES.

More like dropped the MPC line, as the next SC Alpha and shadow Beta seem to be in limbo.
I'd like to see a 1/100 Alpha [bet it'd be so cute] and Beta. I seriously doubt that will happen anytime soon as they seem to be focusing on "Macross" once again. IINM, the battlepods are the only toy/collectable Toynami has released with the "Robotech" title in like a year.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

I THINK THE RIGHTS WAS EXPIRING THIS YEAR. MAYBE THEY ALREADY DID.

MANGA WOULD BE A PROBABLE CHOICE SINCE THEY HAVE THE ONLINE RIGHTS TO SHOW IT.

ANYONE CHECK MANGA SITE YET?

I expect those rights will go to either Manga/Starz or Warner Bros/DC/New Line/Cartoon Network. I would think that Manga probably took out a distribution option with the online rights and IIRC it was reported that WBs would be acquiring available Robotech license.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16304

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: ANN HAS A MANGA REVIEWER POSITION

Does rtx have an industry job openings forum?

Sunday, May 22, 2011
ANIME NEWS NETWORK HAS A MANGA REVIEWER POSITION
AnimeNewsNetwork.com has a job opening for a manga reviewer .

Anime News Network presently has an opening on the editorial staff for a freelance manga reviewer. We are searching for an experienced writer who is intimately familiar with and passionate about manga, someone who is open-minded enough to embrace everything the medium has to offer and provide a strong point of view and thoughtful analysis.

If you really want to get into this business it might be a good start.
Posted by Kevin McKeever at 3:31 PM [/size]

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16382

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Kevin's Blog: ANN HAS A MANGA REVIEWER POSITION

most important question: how much does it pay?
12 years 11 months ago #16391

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds