• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

DR-052 wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: But the dead would be the least of their worries, because groups like the saviors or even the Governor and his soldiers would surround them and demand they hand over everything they've got or else they're dead.

good luck - fully enclosed MD body armor - they're walking tanks, especially with a SC Tri-Laser and a jet-pack attachment. Nova would probably first try to "keep order" but may join the largest group when she realized it was hopeless. Dana would just lower her visor, wade in & KA! bullets bouncing off her shield. Scott and Lancer would probably try evasion and run, but take a few down on the way out.

In that case Nova would either end up a prisoner or dead depending on which group it was. Still dead either way.
Dana, Scott, and Lancer would get away but now their attackers would chase after them. They see a large painted sign that says in big lettering "Sanctuary for all Community for all. Those who arrive survive." Do they check it out and see if it's legit or keep on moving?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
8 years 5 days ago #21866

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

LadyGrimes wrote: That'd be a scary way to go lol. I'd like to think she'd have a little more fight in her than that. So how do you think Minmei would go out?

Her cousin's a ninja, so she will be fine. He may be a jerk, but he's not heartless, and he means well. He'd protect her physically, and her street smarts would keep them alive through adversity.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 5 days ago #21868

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: That'd be a scary way to go lol. I'd like to think she'd have a little more fight in her than that. So how do you think Minmei would go out?

Her cousin's a ninja, so she will be fine. He may be a jerk, but he's not heartless, and he means well. He'd protect her physically, and her street smarts would keep them alive through adversity.

If they're smart enough to stay out of any big cities. Those would be overrun unless they could find some place with enough protection and access to supplies to last them a while before having to go on the inevitable supply runs. Those are always a big risk. Do you think they'd be smart enough to cover themselves in walker guts to make it through any herds or would they just take their chances?

8 years 5 days ago #21871

LadyGrimes wrote: If they're smart enough to stay out of any big cities. Those would be overrun unless they could find some place with enough protection and access to supplies to last them a while before having to go on the inevitable supply runs. Those are always a big risk. Do you think they'd be smart enough to cover themselves in walker guts to make it through any herds or would they just take their chances?

Basically I see Kyle as a male version of Michonne, and she did fine all by herself. Minmei is more of a Jessica Simpson. She isn't half as dumb as she seems. Minmei and Lisa are opposites in many ways; in particular for purposes of this conversation, Minmei is stronger than she knows, and Lisa and not as strong as she believes. Whereas Minmei would look at a situation objectively and take action, Lisa would cling to a code, a rulebook, an idealism, stall on important decisions, oftentimes failing to make any decision at all, and wind up getting herself and those around her killed.

I will say that at the end of Episode 36, when Rick chose Lisa, and Minmei walked away heartbroken, it was sad, but not tragically so, because you know Minmei will be alright. If Rick had chosen Minmei, I think Lisa would have had a mental breakdown, drowned her sorrows in alcohol, and sold everything she owned to live in a van down by the river, and that's assuming she didn't kill herself first, willingly or otherwise.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
8 years 5 days ago #21873

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

Alpha Bravo wrote: Basically I see Kyle as a male version of Michonne, and she did fine all by herself. Minmei is more of a Jessica Simpson. She isn't half as dumb as she seems. Minmei and Lisa are opposites in many ways; in particular for purposes of this conversation, Minmei is stronger than she knows, and Lisa and not as strong as she believes. Whereas Minmei would look at a situation objectively and take action, Lisa would cling to a code, a rulebook, an idealism, stall on important decisions, oftentimes failing to make any decision at all, and wind up getting herself and those around her killed.

I will say that at the end of Episode 36, when Rick chose Lisa, and Minmei walked away heartbroken, it was sad, but not tragically so, because you know Minmei will be alright. If Rick had chosen Minmei, I think Lisa would have had a mental breakdown, drowned her sorrows in alcohol, and sold everything she owned to live in a van down by the river, and that's assuming she didn't kill herself first, willingly or otherwise.

Great points. Lisa is definitely by the book and could cause her downfall during a survival situation due to deer in headlights. However, she is a soldier in the end trained and could just as easily fare well in situations that demand discipline. Perhaps Minmei in her optimistic youth would try to sing to the walkers and get herself killed. So many ways this could go.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 5 days ago #21874

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: If they're smart enough to stay out of any big cities. Those would be overrun unless they could find some place with enough protection and access to supplies to last them a while before having to go on the inevitable supply runs. Those are always a big risk. Do you think they'd be smart enough to cover themselves in walker guts to make it through any herds or would they just take their chances?

Basically I see Kyle as a male version of Michonne, and she did fine all by herself. Minmei is more of a Jessica Simpson. She isn't half as dumb as she seems. Minmei and Lisa are opposites in many ways; in particular for purposes of this conversation, Minmei is stronger than she knows, and Lisa and not as strong as she believes. Whereas Minmei would look at a situation objectively and take action, Lisa would cling to a code, a rulebook, an idealism, stall on important decisions, oftentimes failing to make any decision at all, and wind up getting herself and those around her killed.

So Lisa is basically TV series Dale? :laugh: He tried to convince Rick and the others not to let go of their humanity, wanting them to release that kid Randal, knowing full and well he was from a group of bad people and even knew Maggie. So imagine if Dale had won and they let that kid go only to have him return with his group of people.

In the ZA the rules keep changing and there is no idealism, it's either you survive or you don't. So what other characters do you think couldn't make it? I already mentioned Annie because TWD universe hates little girls. Just look at Sophia, Lizzie and Mika.

8 years 5 days ago #21875

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

SIGHUP wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote: Basically I see Kyle as a male version of Michonne, and she did fine all by herself. Minmei is more of a Jessica Simpson. She isn't half as dumb as she seems. Minmei and Lisa are opposites in many ways; in particular for purposes of this conversation, Minmei is stronger than she knows, and Lisa and not as strong as she believes. Whereas Minmei would look at a situation objectively and take action, Lisa would cling to a code, a rulebook, an idealism, stall on important decisions, oftentimes failing to make any decision at all, and wind up getting herself and those around her killed.

Great points. Lisa is definitely by the book and could cause her downfall during a survival situation due to deer in headlights. However, she is a soldier in the end trained and could just as easily fare well in situations that demand discipline. Perhaps Minmei in her optimistic youth would try to sing to the walkers and get herself killed. So many ways this could go.

LOL @ singing to the walkers. I could just see how such a scene would play out. Minmei would be like. "Look at all of them gathering around me they must really like my song!" Then she get's Noah'ed but without the revolving door.

8 years 5 days ago #21877

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

LadyGrimes wrote: In that case Nova would either end up a prisoner or dead depending on which group it was. Still dead either way.
Dana, Scott, and Lancer would get away but now their attackers would chase after them. They see a large painted sign that says in big lettering "Sanctuary for all Community for all. Those who arrive survive." Do they check it out and see if it's legit or keep on moving?

Not at all, with her training, equipment and skills, she'd KA and take over as the new leader.

LadyGrimes wrote: Dana, Scott, and Lancer would get away but now their attackers would chase after them. They see a large painted sign that says in big lettering "Sanctuary for all Community for all. Those who arrive survive." Do they check it out and see if it's legit or keep on moving?

They may chase Scott & lancer but they couldn't hurt them. After Dana was finished, there wouldn't be anyone in a condition to chase her as she takes some of their supplies for herself, politely thanking them of course, and walks calmly away. taking the time to give a stranded child she comes across a little of her rations. They all would definitely check it out, but would assume a trap (to good to be true), and in the event of a trap, KA, and take it out.

Alpha Bravo wrote: Lisa would cling to a code, a rulebook, an idealism, stall on important decisions, oftentimes failing to make any decision at all, and wind up getting herself and those around her killed.

I think Lisa would have had a mental breakdown, drowned her sorrows in alcohol, and sold everything she owned to live in a van down by the river, and that's assuming she didn't kill herself first, willingly or otherwise.

I have no idea who this "Lisa" is your writing about, It's not Lisa Hayes. She's the one who taught Rick how to fight. There are a few scenes were she (like everyone) has a moment of weakness, that doesn't mean she's just going to jump off a bridge every time she gets a mosquito bite :angry: She's a combat Admiral for crying out loud. She survived being captured and was instrumental in getting everyone out alive. She can handle herself in a crisis.
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
8 years 4 days ago #21885

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: In that case Nova would either end up a prisoner or dead depending on which group it was. Still dead either way.

Not at all, with her training, equipment and skills, she'd KA and take over as the new leader.

LadyGrimes wrote: Dana, Scott, and Lancer would get away but now their attackers would chase after them. They see a large painted sign that says in big lettering "Sanctuary for all Community for all. Those who arrive survive." Do they check it out and see if it's legit or keep on moving?

They may chase Scott & lancer but they couldn't hurt them. After Dana was finished, there wouldn't be anyone in a condition to chase her as she takes some of their supplies for herself, politely thanking them of course, and walks calmly away. taking the time to give a stranded child she comes across a little of her rations. They all would definitely check it out, but would assume a trap (to good to be true), and in the event of a trap, KA, and take it out.

It would definitely be too good to be true and what they'd discover about the place would probably change them forever. They'd see that this sanctuary preys on other survivors taking their belongings and giving the people the option of joining them or feeding them, which means exactly what you think it does. They're a cannibalistic cult who are for lack of better words, too far gone. Their pragmatic leader would try to justify what they are doing and after being defeated, beg Scott and Lancer to spare him and his people, stating that they would not hunt them.

So what do they do? Do they spare his life or do they lose a little bit more of their humanity and take him out? By now I'm sure they're starting to see this new world for what it really is. Complete and utter chaos.

8 years 4 days ago #21887

DR-052 wrote: I have no idea who this "Lisa" is your writing about, It's not Lisa Hayes. She's the one who taught Rick how to fight. There are a few scenes were she (like everyone) has a moment of weakness, that doesn't mean she's just going to jump off a bridge every time she gets a mosquito bite :angry: She's a combat Admiral for crying out loud. She survived being captured and was instrumental in getting everyone out alive. She can handle herself in a crisis.

It's times like this I wish the old robotech.com forums were still there. I wrote up a 3-part synopsis explaining how Lisa was evil, conniving, manipulative, and in cahoots with Dolza as a Main Fleet Sympathizer. 4 pages of counterarguements got wrecked, no one could disprove any of my conclusions. If we're talking about THAT Lisa, she might have been strong enough to survive. Prior to that, she was a wallflower living in the shadow of her father.
8 years 4 days ago #21892

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds