Robotech/TWD Crossover

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

Scotts team already ran into this type of con (the cannibalisms a new twist) but otherwise...
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
8 years 1 week ago #21895

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

DR-052 wrote: Scotts team already ran into this type of con (the cannibalisms a new twist) but otherwise...

True but this is just one of the examples of the horrors Rick and his people had to face. They were led to believe there was a sanctuary only to be chased and forced into a box car where they had to formulate a plan to get out of there. Rick and a few of his men ended up almost having their throats cut over a trough until help from the outside arrived just in time to help them escape. They ended up taking out most of the people but the leader Gareth and a few of his cronies managed to get away and later started hunting after them in the woods. Only one of Rick's people were successfully abducted but it was revealed that he was bitten by a walker and so when the cannibals were eating his leg in front of him, he taunted them by proclaiming he was tainted meat.

They were dumb enough to believe him and panicked, then decided to continue taunting Rick and his people inside a church by leaving Bob (their victim) outside and painting the letter "A" on the outside of the church since it was the same letter on the boxcar Rick and his people had been trapped in. It's a form of psychological torture at best but in the end Rick and his people trick the hunters into thinking they left only to wait until the hunters enter the church and then come back and finish them off. Gareth begs for his life to be spared and promises that he and his people won't cross paths with Rick anymore. Then Rick says to him "But you'd cross someone's path." Then he reminds Gareth of the promise he made to kill him with a red machete and so that's what he does while his people finish off the rest of the hunters.

After this incident Rick and his people are left with some major PTSD and of course are a lot more leery of strangers they encounter from then on, so the idea here is to see if any of the Robotech characters would suffer the same. Since the apocalypse changes a person, would it change them too or would they still be able to hold onto their humanity? It's just just something to ponder especially where crossovers are concerned.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
8 years 1 week ago #21897

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

LadyGrimes wrote:

DR-052 wrote: Scotts team already ran into this type of con (the cannibalisms a new twist) but otherwise...

True but this is just one of the examples of the horrors Rick and his people had to face. They were led to believe there was a sanctuary only to be chased and forced into a box car where they had to formulate a plan to get out of there. Rick and a few of his men ended up almost having their throats cut over a trough until help from the outside arrived just in time to help them escape. They ended up taking out most of the people but the leader Gareth and a few of his cronies managed to get away and later started hunting after them in the woods. Only one of Rick's people were successfully abducted but it was revealed that he was bitten by a walker and so when the cannibals were eating his leg in front of him, he taunted them by proclaiming he was tainted meat.

They were dumb enough to believe him and panicked, then decided to continue taunting Rick and his people inside a church by leaving Bob (their victim) outside and painting the letter "A" on the outside of the church since it was the same letter on the boxcar Rick and his people had been trapped in. It's a form of psychological torture at best but in the end Rick and his people trick the hunters into thinking they left only to wait until the hunters enter the church and then come back and finish them off. Gareth begs for his life to be spared and promises that he and his people won't cross paths with Rick anymore. Then Rick says to him "But you'd cross someone's path." Then he reminds Gareth of the promise he made to kill him with a red machete and so that's what he does while his people finish off the rest of the hunters.

After this incident Rick and his people are left with some major PTSD and of course are a lot more leery of strangers they encounter from then on, so the idea here is to see if any of the Robotech characters would suffer the same. Since the apocalypse changes a person, would it change them too or would they still be able to hold onto their humanity? It's just just something to ponder especially where crossovers are concerned.

For 3rd Gen, I think Rand would be the last one to accept the new world, and the most traumatized by it. Scott and Rook are already loners to begin with, and Lancer is a realist.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 1 week ago #21900

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote:

For 3rd Gen, I think Rand would be the last one to accept the new world, and the most traumatized by it. Scott and Rook are already loners to begin with, and Lancer is a realist.

Yeah Rand would be a lot like Glenn and even struggle with the idea of having to kill someone, but on the bright side maybe he'd find his own Maggie Greene? :laugh: Do you also think he'd be the one to meet the bat in the end?

8 years 1 week ago #21901

LadyGrimes wrote: Yeah Rand would be a lot like Glenn and even struggle with the idea of having to kill someone, but on the bright side maybe he'd find his own Maggie Greene? :laugh: Do you also think he'd be the one to meet the bat in the end?

Assuming Negan is smart, he'd want to take out the strongest/most defiant/leader, so no I don't think Rand would get Lucille'd
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Alpha Bravo.
8 years 1 week ago #21905

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Yeah Rand would be a lot like Glenn and even struggle with the idea of having to kill someone, but on the bright side maybe he'd find his own Maggie Greene? :laugh: Do you also think he'd be the one to meet the bat in the end?

Assuming Negan is smart, he'd want to take out the strongest/most defiant/leader, so no I don't think Rand would get Lucille'd

It wouldn't be Scott for the same reason Negan won't kill Rick. He doesn't want to make a Martyr out of him, just wants to break him. So it would either be Lunk or Lancer, but most likely Lunk.

But here's what the Regis has been up to in the ZA

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

8 years 1 week ago #21906

LadyGrimes wrote: It wouldn't be Scott for the same reason Negan won't kill Rick. He doesn't want to make a Martyr out of him, just wants to break him. So it would either be Lunk or Lancer, but most likely Lunk.

Lunk is kind of a coward at heart though. How do you suppose he would react in such a situation? If I were Negan I would choose to Lucille someone other than Lunk, so that his fear would permeate into the others.
8 years 1 week ago #21909

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: It wouldn't be Scott for the same reason Negan won't kill Rick. He doesn't want to make a Martyr out of him, just wants to break him. So it would either be Lunk or Lancer, but most likely Lunk.

Lunk is kind of a coward at heart though. How do you suppose he would react in such a situation? If I were Negan I would choose to Lucille someone other than Lunk, so that his fear would permeate into the others.

Well Lunk nearly killed Scott one time, so he can be rather threatening when he needs to. Kind of like Tyreese. But in that kind of situation where they're forced on their knees in the lineup I could see Lunk showing some resistance. I'm sure Rook would too but Negan doesn't like killing women, so if not Rand or Lunk then Lancer would definitely get Lucille'd.

But if you were Negan who would you take out?

8 years 1 week ago #21910

LadyGrimes wrote: Well Lunk nearly killed Scott one time, so he can be rather threatening when he needs to. Kind of like Tyreese. But in that kind of situation where they're forced on their knees in the lineup I could see Lunk showing some resistance. I'm sure Rook would too but Negan doesn't like killing women, so if not Rand or Lunk then Lancer would definitely get Lucille'd.

If I were Negan I'd Lucille Lancer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
8 years 1 week ago #21913

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Well Lunk nearly killed Scott one time, so he can be rather threatening when he needs to. Kind of like Tyreese. But in that kind of situation where they're forced on their knees in the lineup I could see Lunk showing some resistance. I'm sure Rook would too but Negan doesn't like killing women, so if not Rand or Lunk then Lancer would definitely get Lucille'd.

If I were Negan I'd Lucille Lancer.

Then to add insult to injury as Negan you'd probably also smash Scott's amulet too. Just to show him you're not to be messed with and you will do whatever it takes to keep him in line, even if it means killing more of his people. Negan is definitely a special kind of psychopath who would rather not kill people even though he loves violence, but he also suffers from a god complex.

on the other hand this would make a fun RPG lol.

8 years 1 week ago #21915

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds