Robotech/TWD Crossover

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

Alpha Bravo wrote: For 3rd Gen, I think Rand would be the last one to accept the new world, and the most traumatized by it. Scott and Rook are already loners to begin with, and Lancer is a realist.

Where do you get that idea? Rand was a Nomad survivor, making it on his own, on an alien occupied planet, long before Scott even knew what lightning was. He learned Cyclone combat with no formal training and only a little instruction on what the buttons do. Plus, at the end of the series he was no-longer the 'teenage hothead' he started as. In the RPG, he goes on, with Rook, to be a resistance hero in his own right. He's like a stray mutt, he can survive anywhere.
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
8 years 20 hours ago #21955

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

DR-052 wrote:

Alpha Bravo wrote: For 3rd Gen, I think Rand would be the last one to accept the new world, and the most traumatized by it. Scott and Rook are already loners to begin with, and Lancer is a realist.

Where do you get that idea? Rand was a Nomad survivor, making it on his own, on an alien occupied planet, long before Scott even knew what lightning was. He learned Cyclone combat with no formal training and only a little instruction on what the buttons do. Plus, at the end of the series he was no-longer the 'teenage hothead' he started as. In the RPG, he goes on, with Rook, to be a resistance hero in his own right. He's like a stray mutt, he can survive anywhere.

There's no doubt in my mind that he is a survivor and could probably last a lot longer than the others, but at the same time he also has this innocent nature about him which would make it hard for him to survive in certain situations. I could see him as someone who would struggle a lot to hold on to that innocence. Like for example killing the invid or in this case, walking corpses is much different than killing another person in cold blood, and this is what I believe Rand would struggle with.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
8 years 19 hours ago #21959

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

LadyGrimes wrote:

DR-052 wrote:

There's no doubt in my mind that he is a survivor and could probably last a lot longer than the others, but at the same time he also has this innocent nature about him which would make it hard for him to survive in certain situations. I could see him as someone who would struggle a lot to hold on to that innocence. Like for example killing the invid or in this case, walking corpses is much different than killing another person in cold blood, and this is what I believe Rand would struggle with.

yup
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 16 hours ago #21960

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

And Negan owning his ass. :P

8 years 16 hours ago #21964

LadyGrimes wrote: ... killing the invid or in this case, walking corpses is much different than killing another person in cold blood, and this is what I believe Rand would struggle with.

it's not "cold blood" when they are threatening you or someone else. that's defense, & I believe they faced that a few times as well (but just nicetied for American TV - like the way Married with Children was, when it should have been like Shameless {US}) American TV is over-censored. The real story was that Rand Blasted the gang leader in the face with his EP-40 and Fragged the rest of the gang with Fragmentation mini-missiles from his GR-103 shoulder packs. They just didn't want to show that on TV :ohmy:
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 11 months ago #21979

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: ... killing the invid or in this case, walking corpses is much different than killing another person in cold blood, and this is what I believe Rand would struggle with.

it's not "cold blood" when they are threatening you or someone else. that's defense, & I believe they faced that a few times as well (but just nicetied for American TV - like the way Married with Children was, when it should have been like Shameless {US}) American TV is over-censored. The real story was that Rand Blasted the gang leader in the face with his EP-40 and Fragged the rest of the gang with Fragmentation mini-missiles from his GR-103 shoulder packs. They just didn't want to show that on TV :ohmy:

I never watched the original series so I'm not too familiar with what scenes were cut and all, so therefore I'm just going off of what I know and have seen in Robotech in which the violence has been watered down. Also I'm fully aware that it would be self defense, but for a person who has a good heart, they tend to see things differently. In the ZA not everyone who threatens you is a bad person, they're just trying to survive and if it means taking your things or killing you, then they'll do it. Some people are bad and were even before the world went to shit, but for others they once were good, normal people who just ended up making difficult choices in the end to keep themselves and others alive.

This is why I mentioned Rand would struggle with killing some of these people, because he would know that it was the world that changed them and they were probably once good people before it all. And this is also why I believe he would also be the moral compass of his group. Would he adapt like the others? Absolutely. But would he want to change? I don't think so.

7 years 11 months ago #21981

I was being facetious.

Everyone adapting would be wrong. some people would need to maintain their 'humanity' and morals for the rest of society to be able to recover and rebuild, as in Macross. if no-one retains their morals then we devolve back into animals.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by DR-052.
7 years 11 months ago #21991

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote: I was being facetious.

DR-052 wrote: Everyone adapting would be wrong. some people would need to maintain their 'humanity' and morals for the rest of society to be able to recover and rebuild, as in Macross. if no-one retains their morals then we devolve back into animals.

Adapting would be one's best chance at survival, at least until finding a safe community with fences or walls. But even then it's something you have to fight to protect because there will be others who want what you have and it's either you kill them or they kill you. So as much as some people would want to hold on to their humanity it would be a difficult thing to do because the threat of others would always exist, and in an apocalypse there's no police, no laws, nothing to hold civilization together completely.

There would always be this war where you have the civilized versus the outsiders who've devolved and decided they like living this way and refuse to change their ways. Then of course it's the ZA so the dead remain a threat until they become immobile due to decomposition, even at a slower rate, but the virus would always remain especially if all humans are carriers of it and I'm positive it would also be passed down to any children born in the apocalypse. A never ending cycle.

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 11 months ago #21994

LadyGrimes wrote: Adapting would be one's best chance at survival, at least until finding a safe community with fences or walls. But even then it's something you have to fight to protect because there will be others who want what you have and it's either you kill them or they kill you. So as much as some people would want to hold on to their humanity it would be a difficult thing to do because the threat of others would always exist, and in an apocalypse there's no police, no laws, nothing to hold civilization together completely.

That's just 'Road-Warrior', been done, and killing in self defense is one thing, you can do that and hold onto your humanity, been done, it's when people start 'murdering' each other and 'stealing' their supplies just because 'I need them' that they loose their humanity/civilization. Gathering resources and being forced to kill 'would-be thieves' trying to 'steal' your livelihood is completely different. 'If I don't kill you, you kill me' well I chose you, not my fault.
7 years 11 months ago #22005

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote: That's just 'Road-Warrior', been done, and killing in self defense is one thing, you can do that and hold onto your humanity, been done, it's when people start 'murdering' each other and 'stealing' their supplies just because 'I need them' that they loose their humanity/civilization. Gathering resources and being forced to kill 'would-be thieves' trying to 'steal' your livelihood is completely different. 'If I don't kill you, you kill me' well I chose you, not my fault.

Believe me I get what you're saying. I guess at that point it's just a matter of who would be able to keep their humanity and who would devolve. But I think that also depends on which kind of group you end up with, cause if it's a bad one chances are it's going to have that negative influence on you. Kind of like a cult mentality. Still there are some people who don't want to kill because they can't fathom the idea of taking another person's life, even if that person is out to cause harm. These people are pure and sadly stand the least chance at surviving unless they have someone around to protect them all the time, and even then their protector could end up dead and then so would they unless they toughened up and fought back.

7 years 11 months ago #22008

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds