Robotech/TWD Crossover

• Thank you received: 10

Replied by DR-052 on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

well that's just the way it is today, I know I've heard plenty of people who have the attitude of "well they got away with it, I should too." Whether it's shop lifting, drugs/drinking, or just being late/leaving early for work/school.
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
7 years 11 months ago #22048

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

DR-052 wrote: well that's just the way it is today, I know I've heard plenty of people who have the attitude of "well they got away with it, I should too." Whether it's shop lifting, drugs/drinking, or just being late/leaving early for work/school.

And in the ZA these kinds of people would be running rampant and would most likely to end up dead because they're untrustworthy and also big risk takers. Not the good kind of risk either which means saving someone's life or their own, but rather a dumb risk to go back and grab a luxury item such as drugs or booze just to get bitten or swarmed by walkers. And if the walkers don't get them then someone else would just put a bullet in their brain. What good is having a person in your group who is only out for themselves and willing to jeopardize the mission?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 11 months ago #22051

No, those would already be walkers.
"Tears will not help him. Only a bold brave plan can save him now, and we do not have one." :dry: - Mimi Labonq
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 11 months ago #22084

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote: No, those would already be walkers.

In other words I might be willing to start an RPG of some sorts, but I don't think
this site is all that active for one, but I suppose if even a few are interested it could work
otherwise I might just go the fanfic route.
I'm already writing some TWD fics as it is and might share those here too.

7 years 11 months ago #22090

LadyGrimes wrote: In other words I might be willing to start an RPG of some sorts, but I don't think
this site is all that active for one, but I suppose if even a few are interested it could work

:huh: ???

I play RPGs, discussed my mods on the Palladium system under the "Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)" thread.
don't see the connection.

{btw - off-topic, am I the only one who can't figure out why "Robotech" isn't in this sights auto-spell check, or "Zentraedi" ? someone needs to fix that, don't you think?}
7 years 11 months ago #22097

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Robotech/TWD Crossover

DR-052 wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: In other words I might be willing to start an RPG of some sorts, but I don't think

I play RPGs, discussed my mods on the Palladium system under the "Robotech D6 (Using OpenD6 from West End Games)" thread.

{btw - off-topic, am I the only one who can't figure out why "Robotech" isn't in this sights auto-spell check, or "Zentraedi" ? someone needs to fix that, don't you think?}

I think she means the old old old old old type of forum RPG where one person writes a few paragraphs, then the next person, etc

I used to do that 20 years ago, but it was comedy sketches and I'm not sure I have it in me for a TWD variation
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 11 months ago #22102

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote:

DR-052 wrote:

I think she means the old old old old old type of forum RPG where one person writes a few paragraphs, then the next person, etc

I used to do that 20 years ago, but it was comedy sketches and I'm not sure I have it in me for a TWD variation

Yes, I definitely meant the forum kind of RPG, which can be fun sometimes. I recall seeing a lot of them on the old RT.com website which I always read but never took part in. I even think at one point there was a zombie apocalypse one too. But here I was merely throwing out the suggestion since this topic seems to have sparked up some activity.

And now to get back on topic, do you think walkers could be used as warfare against another alien threat? And I don't mean a few, I'm talking about a herd or horde of about 50,000 or more. IMO I'm going to say yes, because they could be used to contaminate another planet. It would be like a giant walker bomb. Load them all up onto a ship or something of equal size and watch the mayhem unfold.

7 years 11 months ago #22104

Oh. never have done that, I haven't had a lot of access to internet in my time & most at school. I play reg RPG's though, D&D 1-3.5 (got pissed off with 4th ... like 2nd, "oh all those books we sold you, yea, you can't use them anymore, throw them away and buy our new ones now." - no I won't - sorry soapbox) and Palladium (as I said - true Rifts not pure rifts, though I will play pure RBT or TMNT).

Anyway, if the 'Aliens' were subject to the virus/chemical/whatever that causes the "Zombieism" then sure, of-course how effective it would be would count on how advanced they are (... oh look a zombie virus attack. :dry: ZAAPP there, cured, now hill the humans) most viruses are rather specialized (kinda like crabs, don't think they effect cheetahs, just humans) still, if you happen to have a few 100,000 infected humans, with no cure, on a containment ship and are at war with an immune alien then they could be use as fodder. problem there is, if the attack fails and they fall (alive) into the aliens hands then it could backfire by giving them a bio-weapon to fire back at you (assuming they didn't have it already).

real Zombies are something completely different of-course - they are a normal (not diseased) human who's soul has been stolen from their body, making them a mindless slave, not a ravenous cannibal, (but that requires a soul and doesn't mesh with atheist Hollywood).
7 years 11 months ago #22116

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

DR-052 wrote: Oh. never have done that, I haven't had a lot of access to internet in my time & most at school. I play reg RPG's though, D&D 1-3.5 (got pissed off with 4th ... like 2nd, "oh all those books we sold you, yea, you can't use them anymore, throw them away and buy our new ones now." - no I won't - sorry soapbox) and Palladium (as I said - true Rifts not pure rifts, though I will play pure RBT or TMNT).

Anyway, if the 'Aliens' were subject to the virus/chemical/whatever that causes the "Zombieism" then sure, of-course how effective it would be would count on how advanced they are (... oh look a zombie virus attack. :dry: ZAAPP there, cured, now hill the humans) most viruses are rather specialized (kinda like crabs, don't think they effect cheetahs, just humans) still, if you happen to have a few 100,000 infected humans, with no cure, on a containment ship and are at war with an immune alien then they could be use as fodder. problem there is, if the attack fails and they fall (alive) into the aliens hands then it could backfire by giving them a bio-weapon to fire back at you (assuming they didn't have it already).

real Zombies are something completely different of-course - they are a normal (not diseased) human who's soul has been stolen from their body, making them a mindless slave, not a ravenous cannibal, (but that requires a soul and doesn't mesh with atheist Hollywood).

I'd like to think such a virus would be created by accident. One idea I had was that it could be the result of an attempt to clone and weaponize the flower of life by creating some type of hybrid that would be fatal to the invid and other alien races. The downside of that of course would be that the spores of the hybrid flower are what cause the re-animation of the dead after someone has breathed in those spores. Then of course the other method of transferring the virus would be through bites.

I'd like to think that any aliens who have similar DNA to humans would be susceptible to it while those who are "immune" only have to worry about becoming the next buffet. And depending on the intelligence of another race I too think they would weaponize the dead against the humans. Earth would already be infected, and the only bright side to that would be that it would repel other aliens from wanting to settle on its land.

Another idea I had would be that since the entire human population are carriers of the virus, they wouldn't be allowed to leave the planet. So any human survivors would be on their own and probably end up rising against the military because of it.

7 years 11 months ago #22122

LadyGrimes wrote:
I'd like to think that any aliens who have similar DNA to humans would be susceptible to it...

No, the reason Monkeys are used so much in testing is that there are only a few genes that separate humans from monkeys, yet there are a number of diseases that don't transfer one way or the other (though some do), but then some transfer from chickens or pigs as well. So, it's really just hit or miss on that part. It's even hit or miss within a species, that's why some people are immune, their genes are just different enough in just the right way.

LadyGrimes wrote: I'd like to think such a virus would be created by accident. One idea I had was that it could be the result of an attempt to clone and weaponize the flower of life by creating some type of hybrid that would be fatal to the invid and other alien races. The downside of that of course would be that the spores of the hybrid flower are what cause the re-animation of the dead after someone has breathed in those spores. Then of course the other method of transferring the virus would be through bites.

An interesting concept, one that could (or should I say would) play out in a "Rifts / Robotech" universe.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by DR-052.
7 years 11 months ago #22129

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds