The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

New random thoughts...check it out!

www.protoculturetimes.com

THANK YOU to all who have downloaded and subscribed to the Protoculture Times, Episode 1! I hope to do the franchise and fandom proud!

Working on Episode 2 as you read this...if all goes as planned, it should be online this Friday, September 25th (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!)

REVIVE FOR 25!

JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 6 months ago #6331
The topic has been locked.
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Good work, just one thing I do not agree with. This "revive" thing. The fandom has been alive for a while and its not like you're "jump starting" it with the podcast. Good contribution to the already growing fandom though.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6333
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

SIGHUP said:

"Good work, just one thing I do not agree with. This "revive" thing. The fandom has been alive for a while and its not like you're "jump starting" it with the podcast. Good contribution to the already growing fandom though."

Thanks for the kudos. And great job on the site!

The "Revive for 25" motto I state in Episode 1 is NOT saying that I, myself alone will revive the franchise or the fandom. That's crazy and I do make that clear on the episode. I'm just a guy that does a podcast about Robotech and I'm having the time of my life doing it. I take the "revive" motto as celebrating the history of this franchise and re-exploring it being a fan of it for so long and finding out new things slong the way.

The Youtube news I feel is a good thing for the franchise. It exposes it to new fans and it kinda "revives" the interest in those who are already fans and reminds us of why we love Robotech. Hope that clears up things!

In the end, it's all about enjoying "DA' ROBOTECH." and having fun!

Take care!

-JT
14 years 6 months ago #6335
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

ZEN

The "Revive for 25" motto I state in Episode 1 is NOT saying that I, myself alone will revive the franchise or the fandom. That's crazy and I do make that clear on the episode. I'm just a guy that does a podcast about Robotech and I'm having the time of my life doing it.

GREAT TO HEAR THAT.

I HAVE NOT HEARD YOUR SHOW YET. WHEN I HAVE TIME I WILL PROBABLY STREAM IT FROM A COUPLE OF RESTAURANTS I KNOW THAT HAVE WIFI DURING MY BREAK.

NOW, I WAS ALREADY BEEN TOLD OF THE CONTENT BUT WILL STILL JUDGE MYSELF.

ONE THOUGHT, AND I WILL STILL HEAR YOUR FIRST EPISODE REGARDLESS, YOU DID SAY YOU WERE GOING TO STAY AWAY FROM CERTAIN THINGS OF THE FANDOM "PROBLEMS" AND MAKE IT A GOOD SHOW. I HOPE ITS NOT JUST ANOTHER "HG IS SCREWING EVERYONE" AND BECOMES A CONSTANT RANT THAN A GOOD ROBOTECH SHOW FOR EPISODES TO COME.

IN YOUR DEFENSE I THINK YOU COULD DO WHATEVER YOU WANT IN YOUR SHOW, BUT THOSE ARE ONE OF THE THINGS THAT TURN ME OFF.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6337
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

so we've noticed

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 6 months ago #6346
  • Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Viper on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Yuppers... Deffinitely able to see a trand, there, MEMO.

B)
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 6 months ago #6347
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

*farts* Ahhhhhhhhh!
yep

14 years 6 months ago #6349
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Episode 2 of The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the response to Episode 1! I was floored that so many people listened and you have my thanks!

And…………….Episode 2 is here!!!

A Preview of things…

Time length: 1:07 minutes…..still trying to keep it under an hour!….GRRRRR!

The "lost" shoutout

Robotech News

The Robotech Files....Talkin' about the Macross Saga "peeps" And guys and girls, if you think that I missed a character that should be included, just let me know!

A new segment called WHAT WOULD I DO? And it’s also an open invitation to the fans to offer up ideas…let’s inspire the boys at HG to do something….anything (positive, of course) with Robotech.

The Robotech Word of the Show.….that's all I will say here....lol!

In the Robotech Spotlight.…….do I hear voices???? (it was bound to happen after I decided to do a podcast)

Chime in with your own views This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and NO those thoughts do NOT become property of the show!

Play/download the episode...and my random thoughts...

www.protoculturetimes.com

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT---Zen72
14 years 6 months ago #6446
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: Episode 2 of The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Finally got to listen to some of the first episode. Better hurry up and catch up if the podcast is on schedule.

Had to skip a bit since the ROBOTECH recap I already knew reminded me of HG comic con Robotech presentation of nothing new.

I am enjoying the HG bashing though.

You say you want to unite the fandom, I see trouble there since you tend to lean on one side with your opinions. Enough with the "bullshit." Those who disagree would call the bashing "bullshit."

What's with the commercials? Is that because you're sponsored or just for fun?

Its 12:33am right now, still listening. The thing about podcasts for me is that often times they are toooooo damn long. This one is no different time-wise. I don't have too much time. But I am going out of my way to lose some sleep tonight to listen. Thanks for your hard work.

It just seems really negative overall to me. It should be called Protoculture Times: The Horrible State of Current Affairs. I was expecting something a bit more positive.

But like your said your opinions. I'll try to catch episode 2 soon.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6454
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Episode 2 of The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Actually it comes off as "negative" because after all, that is the current state the fandom is in, is it not?

What's going on? Nothing
No news of the movie, lots of shitty drama
and fans realizing the ugly truth.

Zen's podcast is more like an eye opener than anything
all this time fans have been "fed" the positive while the negative was ignored. Zen is simply coming forward and showing that the franchise has a negative side too. And there is nothing wrong with that, is there?

His podcast is about celebrating what brought us together as robotech fans in the first place, and that would be the first 85 episodes. Without the original show, robotech wouldn't even exist today, neither would any of the great fan art and fan projects as well.

He just feels that the originals have been forgotten and that TSC is all the fans care about anymore. And sadly.. that's the attitude I have seen lately. You can't be a fan of the original 85, you have to be a fan of TSC or else you're not in the cool kids club drinking the kool-aid.
Zen and I share the same views of course, only his show is a lot more clean than what mine would be if I was in a bitchy enough mood to do one for lulz.

So just respect the guys opinions and enjoy what hes got to offer, because it is time that both the good and ugly are revealed. I'd say more about how certain people are brainwashed and used, but it wouldn't get me anywhere, especially with their determined loyalty.

You may not like what hes saying but it is the truth, and the truth is never guaranteed to be pretty now is it?

14 years 6 months ago #6457
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds