The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Which is good, right?

SUUUUURE.

BUT NO REALLY. ANYTHING CAN HELP. HE DOES HAVE A VOICE FOR RADIO. THAT'S FOR SURE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9625
The topic has been locked.
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Which is good, right?

SUUUUURE.

BUT NO REALLY. ANYTHING CAN HELP. HE DOES HAVE A VOICE FOR RADIO. THAT'S FOR SURE.

Definitely. Although his pronunciation of "Rubba-tek" took a bit of getting used to at first. :P
14 years 2 months ago #9626
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 17

Hi all!

Almost didn't happen...but I kicked myself in the but to get Episode #17 out here!

www.protoculturetimes.com

THE SHOUTOUTS!

The moment to say THANK YOU to people here in the "home base" and abroad!

UEG Productions - Keep up the great work!

Eddie - Thanks for checkin' out things bro!

The Facebook gang- HI GUYS!

Vivian - Thank you for all the support!

Brian3D - thanks for the web gem!

Un mensaje para el aficionado de Robotech en IberoAmerica!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - We finish off the Original 85 novels with the the New Generation Books, Invid Invasion, Metamorphosis, and Symphony of Light!

What is next for the novel readings?....We'll see...I love 'em but it wore me out and I definitely don't have a future in audiobooks, LOL! With the Sentinels, I plan to include them in a SUPER show, and maybe I'll read some excerpts, but not like this. But anything is possible in the end!

ROBOTECH WEB GEM
- This is probably the most special gem that I will ever have the privilege of talking about. The official tribute site to the late Brian Daley, one half of Jack Mckinney.

Brian Daley's website

A courageous soul even in the face of death. For him it was another adventure.....

Brian, if you're listening, from one Robotech fan, thank you.....yours and James work made me a fan for life!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT - This time the spotlight shines BRIGHTLY on Miss GPPR or "G" , Robotech artist and fan fiction author!

Check out her Robotech work here!

Check out her Deviant art Page!
(this deviant art site is serious business)

Each and every week I get lucky to be able to showcase the incredible talent of the fan projects. If you guys know of someone that is deserving of that spotlight or if you yourselves have a fan project you want to share with the world...... This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .....it would be an honor!

And remember guys, from today it's a biweekly schedule for the show! Next regular episode is February 27th. I really feel this will work out in my favor as it let's me get things done and good prep time for a show! Of course the blog will be updated with Random Thoughts posts in the interim and who's to say i might pop up on the airwaves for a mini or RandomCast. The one thing sure about good ol' JT....is nothin's for sure!

And as an added bonus this week, another edition of the RandomCast with the results of the most recent Protoculture Times poll questions and we also have brand new questions up on the site! Check 'em out and vote!

Visit www.protoculturetimes.com for more about this Randomcast!
14 years 2 months ago #9978
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 17

Good stuff as always JT. Thanks for the shout-out, and I wish I could comment more on the novels...as it is, all I can really say is that the prologue you quoted, with Rick Hunter, the Regis, and Zor all thrown together into the mix, is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that just doesn't sit well with me. But, as always, that's me.

But I liked the shout-outs, the mini-interview with G, and the appreciation of Brian Daley. Personally, I always find it a little sad that Mr. Daley never really fulfilled the promise of his early original works (I'm thinking specifically of the Coramonde books, which I liked a lot as kid), opting instead to do reams and reams of tie-in books...but even so, he did them well.

I liked the Randomcast a lot, too. And I'm totally with you regarding the buffoon. :laugh:
14 years 2 months ago #9987
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 18

I wanted to take this moment and say that my thoughts and prayers are to all those who have been affected by the recent Earthquake in Chile I've already heard from some listeners living there and I am glad that they and their families are safe. Un abrazo de solidaridad a mis amigos Chilenos!
[/b]
Hey guys and girls!

Once again coming to you with another edition of The Protoculture Times

Running a little behind so let's see what we've got this time!

THE SHOUTOUTS -

So many chiming in from AROUND THE WORLD! Thank you so much!

Vivian -
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE!!!
UEG Productions - Such class! Project Artemis is moving forward!
Broody - Hey! Thanks for stopping by?
Einherjar - You are one passionate fan!
Gubaba - The "strange" things we see in Robotech. I'm right there with you!
Cheetosdust - Great to hear from you again....is it Mr. or Miss?
Jonathan Swritzer aka Captain JLS - Thank you for chiming n. I consider it an honor that you stopped by for a visit!

THE ROBOTECH FILES -
Something that I left out in Episode 1 (a million years ago!) and I said I would give it it's own spot. The ROBOTECH ART BOOKS! I've had Art 1 since '85. It's seen better days, but still part of the collection!

These are hard to come by as they were published back in the mid eighties. If your try Ebay or Amazon.com, it might cost you a pretty penny, but every now and then you will see people sell all three at a pretty decent price! (That's how I got my new set!) The books themselves have their charm and are a welcome edition to any fan's collection.

THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES INTERVIEW - It was my pleasure to email interview one of my chat buddies, Amanda Wells aka INCISIVIS/INC. I have always said that if there was ever a Robotech magazine, she would be the head writer/editor of it. Thank you so much for the time you offered to my questions. She has a lot to say about the Sentinels, Fan Fiction and of course.....the Zentraedi!

Amanda's LiveJournal
Amanda's Fan Fiction

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF - A really nice movie I enjoyed immensely, FANBOYS. The story of a group of Star Wars fans in 1998 wanting to get a sneek peek of the new Star Wars movie, The Phantom Menace. I wonder if any fans would go that far for Shadow Rising?....OH WAIT! NOTHING'S BEEN WORKED ON!! LMAO!

Wikipedia Article

ROBOTECH WEB GEMS - Finding more things when I google ROBOTECH!

Thanks to BRIAN3D for the following CG works from people out there:

Invid Shock Trooper!
Lancer and Cyclone!

AWESOME STUFF!

And a really nice site showcasing the different vessels (non-mecha) from Robotech

Check it out here!

NOTE: If you use Internet Explorer you can actually move the ships and compare their sizes, Won't work with other browsers, sorry!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT - THE GRANDDADDY OF SPOTLIGHTS! Time to dust myself off and get into ANNIVERSARY MODE BABY! (March 4th for those that don't know!)

I am ready for March, Anniversary month! Got a few things planned. I'll be chiming in here and there with minicasts, polls and regular episodes of course. Plus, something I am working on and hopefully put up in the coming week where everyone can participate and with one objective, TO HAVE FUN WITH IT!

And for one more time, THE RANDOMCAST!

And I say ONE MORE because it is the finale of them. I think I've made my feelings MORE than crystal clear on certain "subjects". And being on the doorstep of Anniversary Time, why am I going to waste megabytes of storage when i can be busy CELEBRATING!.....So i get it out of my system one more time! Even thought the RandomCasts end, NO WAY am i going to stop writing my Random Thoughts blog posts (gotta still have some fun at the expense of others, LOL!)

We also go over the results of the latest PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL QUESTIONS. I was surprised by a couple of the "blowouts" that occurred. Thanks to everyone that took the time to vote!

I'm 80% that the RandomCasts won't come back...but I keep 20% out there.....just in case....

I am SOOOOOOO REEEADDDDDY to celebrate 25 years of history, 25 years of fandom, 25 years of ups and downs and in betweens...

....25 years of Robotech!

REVIVE FOR 25!....IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 2 months ago #10435
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #1

OHHHHHH YEEEAHHHHH! The day has finally arrived!

One March 4th 1985, an 85 episode animated series debuts on American television....

It's name........ROBOTECH.

Twenty five years later.......

IT'S ANNIVERSARY DAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiniCast.....better yet ANNIVERSARYCAST #1. A special introduction to one fan's one month celebration.

A lot of stuff in store in the coming days and with one objective.......TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!

Let the partyin' begin!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!

Seeya tomorrow!

- JT
14 years 1 month ago #10562
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ANNIVERSARYCAST #1

I'll be tuning in to that one.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #10564
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Same Here. Wont miss it B)
14 years 1 month ago #10566
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Thanks!

It's just an intro for this month...

TRANSLATION: Me getting ALL EXCITED over Robotech's Anniversary!

Plus at the end, something I promised myself to do since I started the podcast....and I could only do it for this occasion....because it's the only place it would fit!

I'll be posting quite a bit this month...

Thanks again!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #10567
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

That was some intro alright. Kudos to you.

Here is an interesting Fact by the way.
Freidrich Barbarossa made a stop in my City in 1189 , on his way to the third Crusade (he never got there though, he drowned while crossing a river in 1190)

Here he met with our ruler(Stefan Nemanja).. and that meeting took place in a church about 100 meters from the building i live in now B)

And now back on topic.. HAPPY ANIVERSERY :)
14 years 1 month ago #10568
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds