The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast - EPSIODE #6

EPISODE #6 - WE ARE BACK!

Hey everyone it is ssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME to be back. Still busy, but recharged for another edition of THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES!

www.protoculturetimes.com

Packed show this go around!

Some of my thoughts while I was away...basically where I stand on things.

SHOUTOUTS - The world just keeps getting bigger!

Thank you for the kind words and support! Incisivis, Mecha, Aiwa

My chat buds and buddettes! Always room for more! See if it's for you! Enter the Lost Universe here!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - The Masters Saga starts with its cast of characters (and I know I know, this Saga is hard up for lovin from fans, lol!...but, it's still part of the Robotech story) Click here to watch the Masters Saga on Youtube!

THE ROBOTECH SCIENCE FACT - Some things in Da' Robotech are actually based off real things in science, we take a look at the Southern Cross.... Learn more about it here!

PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL RESULTS - I was surprised by this....gives me ideas for future segments...

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF- NOSTALGIA TIME! A scifi tv series I had not seen for almost 20 years.....just saw it again recently and I was OHHHH MAN I GOTTA TALK ABOUT THIS! Brings back good memories!

THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW- As always.....hee hee!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT - A very special and personal one. Two people who helped cement my Robotech fandom for over 20 years!

I have really missed this. I was worried on whether the "magic" was still there after 2 weeks.....guess a new episode answers that!

And I missed my listeners, THANK YOU once again for all the support...riding a Robotech high right now that I got my batteries recahrged and I'm not looking on comin' down for a bit!

REVIVE FOR 25 BABY!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 6 months ago #7347
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 7

Hi all!

I have been battling a cold all week and this one has really been knocking me down (Thank you honey, Love you!...lol). It's to the point where to sneeze or cough actually results in a sharp pain in my torso. Throat is shot (guess projecting my radio dj voice doesn't help...lmao!) Just not a good thing!

But not enough to keep me away from another episode of The Protoculture Times! (But it was getting doubtful towards the end!

In Episode 7...

SHOUTOUTS- The best way to get my mind off of being sick!

More international visitors!

If you leave a comment on the blog....give me a name...even an initial....giving a shoutout to ANONYMOUS just sounds too impersonal!

Vivian, your message was very inspiring to me and I am right there with ya' about HG! I will be writing you soon!

Do you have science fiction convention memories?....email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you want to share them with the rest of us. Personally, I think conventions are a great time to be had!

Someone is "frustrated" over at Robotech.com....

THE ROBOTECH FILES - Part one of the Masters Saga Story. I know that it can be tough to watch for some, but thake it for the story that it is. I recommend reading the Mckinney Novels of this generation to go more into depth about the story. And remember, I'm just giving a base, not every episode detail. Watch the episodes and absorb the story. Click here to Watch the Masters Saga on YouTube for free!

A VERY SPECIAL SEGMENT
I have the pleasure to announce the very FIRST Protoculture Times Interview Segment! Joining me for this historic occasion is Robotech Fan Fiction author Rob Elwell and we will discuss his current story, Destroid's Last Dance. He also discusses, his history with Robotech, his inspirations and what he thinks about the future of the franchise. We had a blast and I thank you Rob for the time you gave. Support the Fan Projects!

Destroid's Last Dance Official Website
Contact Rob at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

**PLEASE NOTE; This being my very first interview, the audio sounds like a phone call (SKYPE) but it is audible. Also there are occasional moments where the audio drops for a second or too, but nothing significant is missed.

I hope that this is the first of many intrerviews with the creative fandom out there. I don't mention this on the show, but if you do have Skype, you can leave me a message. My s/n is protoculture_times. (yeah I know...VERY original JT, lol!)

THE PROTOCULTURE TIME POLL QUESTION-
Already up on the right side of the page for 2 weeks starting today! Real simple, "When you hear the words ROBOTECH, in terms of mecha, which one pops in your head?"

I'm really curious to see what fans say. If you choose other, contact the show to let me know which one. Excercise your right to vote!

THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW - I'm sure many will identify with this one. What can I say? I'm just a smartass, hee hee!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLGHT - A very minor character in the Original 85 but significant in the Robotech Expanded Universe gets their moment of glory. Click here to see who!

Well, I made it. Nose is running, voice is shot, hurting all over, yeah I am in complaining mode now!

But it was all worth it to get another episode out, "somethin' I loves" doing!

Enjoy!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 5 months ago #7630
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 8

Feeling alot better than I was last week and here for another episode!

Bottom line, the next time around with a cold like this, as much as it pains me, I won’t do a show….when you start wheezing when you breathe, time to take a step back…and remember guys and girls, please take of yourselves if you get sick…

In this episode…

SHOUTOUTS- A group of people that, there’s no other word for it, I have neglected, not on purpose but still a mistake on my part and I make it right on this episode!

Why my Random Thoughts from 11/11 are linked to another site…yeah there is a reason!

We still have another week on the poll question…check it out and exercise your right to vote!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - We conclude the Masters Saga Story. And I know, yeah it’s the weakest. Just take it for the story it tries to tell. Anyway it works for me at least!

THE ROBOTECH READING - Another excerpt from one of the Jack McKinney novels read by yours truly. It’s not direct from the Original 85, but it is important to the overall scope of the Robotech story.

THE ROBOTECH COMICS CORNER - Brand new segment! With over 30 titles covering different stories in Robotech it can be definitely said that this segment will be recurring. On our first one, we look at a Pre- Original 85 story GENESIS: THE LEGEND OF ZOR. Zor to me is the most tragic figure in the story of Robotech and in this particular work, it shows how things led up to Episode #1 of the series.

THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW
- There is a saying, “Ask and you shall receive…”, this couldn’t be more true for this week’s edition. Believe it or not, this is the toughest segment to come up with ideas for. This week though……DAMN!….someone threw me a softball!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT
- Last week it was Emil Lang. this week, we take a look at the character who is considered his opposite.

A few “aftershow” thoughts…check them out on the blog!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Seeya!

REVIVE FOR 25!

JT
14 years 5 months ago #7750
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 8

Aw man no more interviews? Boring.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 5 months ago #7762
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 9

Hi there!

Episode 9 has arrived!

I am running a little behind so let’s keep it simple!

SHOUTOUTS!

THE ROBOTECH FILES- First of all.……DISCLAIMER: Told from a non techie point of view!!!….let others get into the technicalities, I just think mecha are cool to look at……a lot of WHAT IF? possibilities for future shows. If you want to follow me during the show, the links are below….probably best….lol! And remember, my opinions about the mecha are just one fan’s….

NOTE: Go to my site and you can follow me to see what mecha I’m talking about.

PROTCOULTURE TIMES POLL RESULTS - No real surprise….but wait…there actually was a surprise….and a new question…gonna be real interesting how people vote on this one…chek it out on the right!

ROBOTECH NOVEL REVIEW - A Robotech political thriller?

THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW - With a little bit of imagination and whole lot of INSANITY, how people can associate just about anything to Robotech. <ROLLS EYES BIG TIME>

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT! - The Sentinels Brothers….Actually The Waltrip Brothers!

PROGRAMMING NOTE - No regular episode next week. Check out the site for more details!

Seeya!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
14 years 5 months ago #7991
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 10

Hi all!

Great to be back for this….the TENTH EPISODE of The Protoculture Times. DOUBLE DIGITS! A real milestone for me and we have got a packed show for it!

SHOUOUTS! - A lot of people this go around from around the world!

A special shoutout to the “Triple Threat”.

Incisivis - The Protoculture Times Resident Zentraedi expert! She’s got a great review of the novel The Zentraedi Rebellion and the comic series The Malcontent Uprisings. Check it out here!

Vivian, you are a real treasure!

Some special words to my “ROCK”

ROBOTECH FILES - The New Generation of characters for the New Generation! Click here to watch The New Generation on YouTube for free and legally!

THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL RESULTS
- And….a brand new poll! It’s already on the right side of my site.

A BRAND NEW SEGMENT….THE ROBOTECH RECIPE
- Something I’ve been wanting to do since the start. Our first recipe is the Macross Mango Smoothie…always hits the spot! Go to the website for the recipes!

ROBOTECH NOVEL REVIEW - We take a look at eh last of the Lost Era Novels and actually the last Robotech Novel EVER written, Before the Invid Storm!

OFF THE SCI-FI SHELF - I take a look at the GREATEST Star Trek movie of all time(in my opinion)…..and it’ aint’ the J.J. Abrahms one!

THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW - I take leave of my mental faculties to think like a Robotech.com moderator…LOL!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT! - The biggest spotlight I have shined so far….when I first saw this, I came out of my chair and said WOW!….this is a true example of the ROBOTECH SPIRIT! (IT’S OUTRAGEOUS!)

Click here to to check out this grand project!

But wait there’s MORE!…..

I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to make!

..….well go to www.protoculturetimes.com to find out!

WOO-HOO!…..But wait there is still one more thing!

This episode, being my TENTH, has been a quite memorable one. I can’t believe where this journey has taken me and I don’t regret it for one moment! And THANK YOU to all the listeners! You are a big part of why I have made it this far!

Seeya!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by SIGHUP.
14 years 4 months ago #8416
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 18

Hmmm...a bit of a hiatus?

Hi all!

Back with you this week for another show in the continuing journey of The Protoculture Times, going on Episode #18!

Lots and lots to talk about!

THE SHOUTOUTS!

It's humbling knowing people in the US and abroad stop by to check you out! You have my gratitude, always!

Liz - Congratulations on the birth of your daughter Caroline! All the blessings in the world for you and your family!

Cheetosdust - I will touch on what you've talked about on the next Randomcast. Cheetos has insight on what could probably work for something new in Robotech!

Aubry - Dude, your stuff is AWESOMELY AWESOME! I'm looking forward to talking about it in the future!

JasonC - Thank you! and thanks to your wife Cheryl for checking out my Facebook page!

GPPR and Carla Fox Aguilar - In the Robotech franchise, the women are a force to be reckoned with no doubt about it!

And a special shout out to the Executive Producer of the show, Smokey the Little Guy, wasn't feeling all too well this morning, but he's up and about now...Who's my little guy???? (and don't eat your food so fast!0

A little treat. people seemed to really like the Random Thoughts "Lightning Edition" from my RandomCast with the "DINGS"...well thought I would try it here....Quick Random Thoughts....."Lightning Edition"

DING!.......IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - It's time for the Masters Saga with Dana Sterling, The Robotech Masters and so on. We read excerpts and epigraphs from Southern Cross, Metal Fire and Final Nightmare.

Lots of epigraphs in these readings. Like I said in the last episode, I'm not going to go over the entire story. just picking and choosing excerpts. If you want an excerpt I haven't read let me know and I can do it on a future episode! For the entire story Check out the Original 85 on Youtube legally and FOR FREE!

Macross Saga

Masters Saga

New Generation

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF! - I give a little review of Superman 2: The Richard Donner Cut. While the theatrical release of this movie is a good enough movie, The Richard Donner Cut stands out as the DEFINITIVE version and kudos to Warner Brothers for allowing this version to come out!

Wikipedia article

THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL QUESTIONS - One more week to go so vote vote vote! We take a quick look at the questions that are up there. We'll go over the final results on our next episode!

ROBOTECH WEB GEMS - What one finds when you google the word "ROBOTECH". For fans of the Sentinels storyline (non Shadow Chronicles) what do you think would happen after the events of the final novel "End of the Circle". Well someone by the name of Jason Youngberg decided to dabble in it!

Check it out here!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT - Part 2 of the Spotlight on Robotech/Scifi artist Isabel aka Ameban. She was gracious enough to answer a few questions about Robotech and her drawing style!

Check out her entire gallery here!

Note: Para los audiovidentes de IberoAmerica, Isabel si contesto las preguntas en Español tambien, Si sigan el siguiente enlace, puedean leerlos!

Mini-Entrevista con Ameban

There's going to be a schedule change after next week's episode. I will be moving to bi-weekly schedule as of Episode #18. I want to balance things outside of the podcast realm and I think this will work out perfectly. Everything stays the same with the show except that there will be a show every two weeks. This also will let post more on the blog as i do want to get back into just a general flow of writing and who's not to say that in between weeks I come out with a little RandomCast every now and then. The last few weeks with getting sick and just really falling behind on things I don't want to let you guys down when you have been so supportive of the show. When I canceled a couple of weeks ago, I'll be honest, I really took it hard because while Robotech is indeed a hobby and something I'm a fan of, I've set the expectation for myself to go out there with the show in a timely manner and it kinda got me down that I didn't deliver. I think with this change I can come out stronger! 2009 was a year of achievement for me and 2010 will be even better. Not just with The Protoculture Times, but with everything I do!

Thank you to everyone for their continued support!

REVIVE FOR 25!...IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

JT
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 2 months ago #9616
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast Episode 18

I GUESS THAT OTHER PODCAST IS STILL ALIVE!

HEHEHE
14 years 2 months ago #9617
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

HEHEHE.

THATS GOOD. NOW START POSTING ON THIS THREAD. MAKE IT FEEL ALIVE. :P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9618
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEHEHE.

THATS GOOD. NOW START POSTING ON THIS THREAD. MAKE IT FEEL ALIVE. :P

It's currently kinda tough to do that, actually...since JT's talking about the novels now, and I really don't like the novels (I'm not saying they're not good or anything, just that *I* don't like them).

Anyway, I've been fast-forwarding over a lot of the podcast as a result (sorry, JT).

The interviews have been quite good, though.

I dunno...I find it rather amazing; he talks about very little that I care about, and yet I always look forward to hearing him. And, most of all, he's made me reconsider Robotech...I'll never be a real fan of it, and I'll always like Macross and Mospeada (haven't seen Southern Cross) more...but I'm not as outright dismissive as I was before.

So yeah...thanks to JT, even if I can't share the enthusiasm hardcore Robotech fans like him feel, I can at least appreciate it.

Which is good, right?
14 years 2 months ago #9619
Time to create page: 0.651 seconds