The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

FINALLY LISTEN TO EPISODE 1

FIRST THOUGHTS, GREAT ENERGY AT THE START.. BUT THEN..

TO MUCH TIME SPENT WITH THE SHOUT OUT'S. DONT KNOW HOW MANNY MINUTES INTO THE PODCAST WITH THAT BUT I THINK MY MIND WENT ANOTHER WAY FROM LISTENING. AND WHEN I RETURNED BACK TO YOUR SHOW, YOU WERE STILL GIVING SHOUT OUT'S.

FLOOR IT TO THE DISCUSSION MAN. BECAUSE ONCE I GOT THERE I WAS VERY SLEEPY. AND LIKE SIGH, I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME EITHER.

NOW, ONCE YOU GOT TO YOUR OPINION, I CAN REALLY SEE WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT.."YOUR OPINION". WHAT COULD I SAY? I HEARD IT AND GAVE YOU THE TIME BUT THINGS LIKE THAT MAKE ME TURN OFF. HOPE THINGS CHANGE A BIT AND GET INTO EVERYONE'S OPINION AND LISTENING TO EVERYONE.

BUT IF HP IS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT YOUR SHOW IS, IT BECOMES AS "YOUR OPINION SHOW" AND WELL.. I WOULD MOVE ON.

WILL CHECK OUT EPISODE 2. TO SEE WHAT CHANGED. BUT IF I STOPPED POSTING HERE IS BECAUSE I MOVED ON.

:(
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6462
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes: Random Thoughts

Hey guys! Another set of "random thoughts" from your host is up!

www.protoculturetimes.com

There is also a poll which I invite the fans to take and it asks;

What area(s) would you focus on in the Robotech Franchise?

Exercise your right to vote!

If you want to add thoughts or opinions to add to the poll, because it's all about the diversity of opinion leave your comments on the blog or email me.

And once again, THANK YOU to all who have listened!

REVIVE FOR 25!

Zen72---JT
The Protoculture Times Podcast
14 years 6 months ago #6513
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The Protoculture Times- Episode 3

Hi peoples! Another edition of The Protoculture Times is up!

What to expect!

SHOUT OUTS BABY! My little Robotech Defender and The Protoculture Times has gone INTERNATIONAL!

Does Harmony Gold owe fans anything?

The Robotech Files- Story time! It’s the Macross Saga we’re talking about! (and YES I read from my notes…)

Off the Sci-fi Shelf- The story that would’ve made a great Star Trek movie!

The Robotech Word of the Show - What happens in a Robotech.com forum moderator’s meeting…hee hee!

In the Robotech Spotlight - Is it Co-mee co or just plain Cah-mi co?

Also check out my “Random Thoughts”…exclusively on the blog!

Download/play the episode and read the blog;

www.protoculturetimes.com

Thank you once again to all! Your support has meant so much and just motivates me all the more!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Zen72.
14 years 6 months ago #6640
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The Protoculture Times- Episode 3

What is the "Little Robotech Defender?"

And I am glad you have mini-cliff notes because it makes it a lot easier to just quickly browse by.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6746
  • blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

I feel an episode comparison Robotech Macross to SDF Macross, and The Masters to Souther Cross, then MOSPEADA to New Generation should be done instead of a series summary. This way we can really get in depth, with respect to all sides, see where HG uped the ante on story substance, also note where they may have dropped the ball. I think I may do it here on the board and go episode to episode. Thats if the Mods and Admin are cool with that.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 6 months ago #6803
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

CONVOY

I feel an episode comparison Robotech Macross to SDF Macross, and The Masters to Souther Cross, then MOSPEADA to New Generation should be done instead of a series summary. This way we can really get in depth, with respect to all sides, see where HG uped the ante on story substance, also note where they may have dropped the ball. I think I may do it here on the board and go episode to episode. Thats if the Mods and Admin are cool with that.

I FORESEE A PROBLEM AND THIS IS NOT JUST HERE BUT IN OTHER BOARDS AS WEL WHEN FANS WILL GET TO PASSIONATE FOR THEIR SERIES AND OTHER OG JAPANESE SERIES. WHY MIXING CONVERSATION AROUND REALLY LEADS TO FLAME AND FIGHTS.

GET WITH BENDO AS WELL, HE HAS ALREADY BEEN DOING THIS A LONG TIME, ON TRYING TO SET UP SOME RULES OR GUIDELINES TO KEEP IT CLEAN. AND SINCE YOUR IDEA RUNS MUCH IN HARDCORE THEN PLACE IT IN IT'S APPROPRIATE PLACE, THE RTX HARDCORE FORUMS.

SO YEAH, I AM ALL UP FOR IT.

HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK.

AND GOOD LUCK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6810
  • blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

thanks bro.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 6 months ago #6811
  • Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

I don't really forsee much of a problem with the idea. There are several reasons why.

First, Zen's good enough to keep the civility going, and prevent the flaming that could occur. The other thing is, when Zen does his show, it's pre-recorded, so there's no real chance of flaming getting started in the show itself. Anyone who decided to flame the accompanying blog woud most certainly see thier posts deleted, as Zen doesn't need or want that kind of crap on there.

Second, if there were a comparison episode, it'd probably be done by Doug's show, rather that Zen's, as Zen's plainly dedicated his show to Robotech, and it's awful early to start doing comparisons. Give hime some time, folks.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 6 months ago #6812
  • dougbendo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by dougbendo on topic MEMO1DOMINION

What you said it perfectly true about the "CONVERSATION AROUND REALLY LEADS TO FLAME AND FIGHTS" and I will be waiting for all.
14 years 6 months ago #6813
Attachments:
  • dougbendo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by dougbendo on topic MEMO1DOMINION

What you said it perfectly true about the "CONVERSATION AROUND REALLY LEADS TO FLAME AND FIGHTS" and I will be waiting for all.
[img/]
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by dougbendo.
14 years 6 months ago #6814
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds