The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic AnniversaryCast #2 - NEW POLL QUESTIONS!

Hi guys!

Thanks to everybody who chimed in about AnniversaryCast #1. I actually went back to listen to it and I was like DAMN! that guy's crazy....or that he's just really excited about Robotech's 25th Anniversary! LOL!

Thanks to Sighup aka David Peñna for the plug here on Robotechx.com!

Well as promised, here we are for AnniversaryCast #2!!

www.protoculturetimes.com

And we start off the celebration with a new set of poll questions! THEY ARE ON THE BLOG SITE RIGHT NOW! All ready for you to make that vote. the questions are all Robotech related and I hope everyone has fun with them!

Some of them may make you think so choose wisely.

If you have any suggestions for the next set of questions, hit me up and I'll see what I can do. They gotta be fun, about Robotech and in good taste!

And coming up on Saturday...that's right TOMORROW...I have something really special that I know everybody can enjoy. I've been working on this for a few weeks and I wanted something interactive that gets fans thinking about that one thing that stands out in Robotech!

I can't wait!

Get out there and vote on the polls...you got Robotech Memories you want to share....the door is open peoples!

REVIVE FOR 25....IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!

Seeya tomorrow night!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #10569
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #3 -THE TOURNAMENT

Hello all!

First, don't forget the poll questions on the main blog site, we've got a week to go on them so.......vote! LOL!

Ok, I have mentioned it in the first two, now we have come to ANNIVERSARYCAST #3

And the time has come to reveal that "something special" I've been talking about....so.....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.....

The Protoculture Times is proud to present in commemoration of Robotech's 25th Anniversary the first and only........

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!

Thirty two mecha have been selected from Robotech's Original 85 episodes and The Sentinels. They have been placed into a tournament bracket with first, second, quarter, semi and final rounds!

32 MECHA.....1 CHAMPION!
[/i][/b]

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS AND TO SEE THE BRACKETS!

So BIG...it needed it's OWN BLOG!

Read! Think! VOTE! But above all else..........................HAVE FUN!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 1 month ago #10589
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST #3 -THE TOURNAMENT

I know the matchups were done randomly and all...but isn't a VF-1 verus a Cyclone kinda...unfair?
14 years 1 month ago #10620
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST #3 -THE TOURNAMENT

Gubaba wrote:

I know the matchups were done randomly and all...but isn't a VF-1 verus a Cyclone kinda...unfair?

I'd still pay to see that haha

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 1 month ago #10624
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST #3 -THE TOURNAMENT

HappyPenguins wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

I'd still pay to see that haha

I hope you wouldn't pay much...it'd be a pretty short fight. :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #10625
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST #3 -THE TOURNAMENT

@Gubaba.

My thoughts exactly :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #10626
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #4

Hi there!

The 25th birthday party continues with AnniversaryCast #4!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in on the first 3! I'm riding a high that I won't be coming down for a long period of time!

RICK HUNTER...I LIKE HIM...BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM!

On this edition, I have a few words about the character that spans all three generations of Robotech and has a "commanding" presence EVEN when he's not on screen...and that is of course RICK HUNTER!

I talk about his portrayal in the Original 85 and the Expanded Universe. There are things that I like.....and thing's that I DON'T like! With everything in Robotech, it's all up to one's interpretations of things! And remember this is one fan's view. I invite everybody to chime in on Rick or any of the characters. I've had the chance to talk to so many fans with such interesting opinions so don't be shy!

And I want to say thank you to all who have participated in the polls. They will be up until Saturday night so if you haven't...go over to the right and vote!

And a BIG SHOUT OUT to all who have participated in the first and only....
SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!
The first round is looking like a fight with some matches. Remember, it is YOU who decides who advances to the next rounds on the way to be crowned CHAMPION!!!

We got another AnniversaryCast coming up on Thursday...then Episode 19 of the main show and then our Mega Results Show for both the polls and the first round of the tournament so you're gonna get big helpings of The Protoculture Times this week! Well of course.....
IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!

One more thing if I may......to the "group" from Saturday night. (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) THANK YOU for the kindness you have shown me. That was one of the sweetest things a person could ever have done for them and it's an honor that people can have you in their thoughts like that! You have my gratitude, ALWAYS.......

REVIVE FOR 25!

JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Zen72.
14 years 1 month ago #10645
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #5

Hi there!

Poppin' in again, celebrating me some Robotech with AnniversaryCast #5! WOOHOO!

In keeping with the theme I started on the last one, on this edition I cover the top role in the Masters Saga, daughter of the greatest ace's in the Robotech story, DANA STERLING!

Dana goes through her own coming of age story in the Robotech. She is thrust into a precarious position and must adapt to the role. (Wait a minute?...Didn't that happen to Rick too?)

Through her her different incarnations, it can be said that Dana wants to connect with those around her. Whether that be with human or alien, she simply wants to belong! Now it does occur, she connects with others...in more ways than one!

I talk about her portrayal in the Original 85 and the novels, plus her "appearance" in Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles. And also my thoughts on how the novel Before the Invid Storm went TOTALLY WRONG with this character. (Still love the novels though, hee hee!)

As always peoples, one point of view....if you have your views about her or any character, the door is open for your thoughts!

Big weekend ahead for the "Times"...

Saturday, March 13th EPISODE 19 OF THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES with all the segments you come to know.....and sometimes love!

And Sunday, Sunday, Sunday March 14th, Our MEGA RESULTS SHOW for our poll questions and Round 1 of the first and only.......

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]
[/size][/i][/b]

Best part about this (besides the fun!) is that YOU decide the results! Voting for both the current poll questions and Round 1 of the tournament are open until March 13th, 11:59 PM.

So VOTE VOTE VOTE!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!

Seeya this weekend!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #10682
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Damn, JT...you're really pumping 'em out this month!

I listened to the Rick Hunter analysis...and I agreed and didn't agree. I always hated pretty much ALL of the old characters the way they were portrayed in Sentinels (Rick's a wuss, Minmay's a slut, and Lisa, Max, and Miriya are entirely flat and colorless), but of course I'd go further and say that the McKinney novels never really "got" ANY of the characters at any point.

And "Admiral Hunter" never sat well with me anyway, unless it was Lisa they were talking about.

But, as always, thar's me. I'm a Macross Purist Nazi Troll who spends his life stabbing Toynamis with a bowie knife. I dream of strangling Zor with a scarf; when Macek's name comes up, I pretend to barf. ;)
14 years 1 month ago #10690
  • Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

I think with some creative use of tactics a cyclone could bring down a Valk.... hehehe
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 1 month ago #10705
Time to create page: 0.596 seconds