• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FINALLY LISTEN TO EPISODE 1

FIRST THOUGHTS, GREAT ENERGY AT THE START.. BUT THEN..

TO MUCH TIME SPENT WITH THE SHOUT OUT'S. DONT KNOW HOW MANNY MINUTES INTO THE PODCAST WITH THAT BUT I THINK MY MIND WENT ANOTHER WAY FROM LISTENING. AND WHEN I RETURNED BACK TO YOUR SHOW, YOU WERE STILL GIVING SHOUT OUT'S.

FLOOR IT TO THE DISCUSSION MAN. BECAUSE ONCE I GOT THERE I WAS VERY SLEEPY. AND LIKE SIGH, I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME EITHER.

NOW, ONCE YOU GOT TO YOUR OPINION, I CAN REALLY SEE WHAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT.."YOUR OPINION". WHAT COULD I SAY? I HEARD IT AND GAVE YOU THE TIME BUT THINGS LIKE THAT MAKE ME TURN OFF. HOPE THINGS CHANGE A BIT AND GET INTO EVERYONE'S OPINION AND LISTENING TO EVERYONE.

BUT IF HP IS RIGHT ABOUT WHAT YOUR SHOW IS, IT BECOMES AS "YOUR OPINION SHOW" AND WELL.. I WOULD MOVE ON.

WILL CHECK OUT EPISODE 2. TO SEE WHAT CHANGED. BUT IF I STOPPED POSTING HERE IS BECAUSE I MOVED ON.

:(

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 6 months ago #6852
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

VIPER

I don't really forsee much of a problem with the idea. There are several reasons why.

First, Zen's good enough to keep the civility going, and prevent the flaming that could occur. The other thing is, when Zen does his show, it's pre-recorded, so there's no real chance of flaming getting started in the show itself. Anyone who decided to flame the accompanying blog woud most certainly see thier posts deleted, as Zen doesn't need or want that kind of crap on there.

Second, if there were a comparison episode, it'd probably be done by Doug's show, rather that Zen's, as Zen's plainly dedicated his show to Robotech, and it's awful early to start doing comparisons. Give hime some time, folks.

THAT'S FINE AND DANDY.. FOR WHATEVER ZEN DOES IN HIS SIDE.

CHECK CONVOY'S LAST SENTENCE.

I think I may do it here on the board and go episode to episode.

HE SAYS ABOUT DOING IT HERE IN THE FORUMS AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 6 months ago #6859
  • blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

I started a blog here on site instead. I wanted to capture the feel of both, with side by side comparison. Let me know what you guys think, as it is in the blog section.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 6 months ago #6862
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

RIGHT ON.

WILL CHECK THAT OUT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 6 months ago #6864
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 4

Hey Everyone!

First and foremost, I APOLOGIZE for the delay in this episode coming out. Things have been hectic the last two weeks...but I'm glad I was able to come out with with another edition of The Protoculture Times! www.protoculturetimes.com

Now this is an extended episode, 2 hours. Longest one yet. i didn't realize until final editing. However, I do cover A LOT here;

SHOUT OUTS!- I get done a great service by another Robotech fan and more international fans chiming in!

....I also answer the most common questions asked of me from listeners...and some interesting questions they are and I have some interesting answers...thanks to all who chimed in!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - The conclusion of the Macross Saga...nuff said!

THE ROBOTECH READING - Taking one of the most impacting moments from Macross from the novel's point of view.

THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL - Results from the recent poll I had at the show's website....was and wasn't surprised at the same time....thanks to all who voted!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT - The man behind the music....

And for the final segment...

I received an email from a listener who "challenged" me to get certain things out of my system...and do I ever....(and V. Johnson, thank you for the email again and let me know if you are a guy or girl...lol!)

I do want to say that the commentary I have in this last segment reflects only my views. Remember when you listen to it, it's one fan's opinion. I don't want to speak for anyone else in the Robotech fandom as I believe that the fans can think on their own, have their own opinions and can come to their own conclusions, whether it's in agreeance with me or not. That's what the diversity of opinion is about. I was hesitant about doing it due to that I feel it diverts from the fun I want to have with this show. Now that it's on the episode, I actually feel a weight off my shoulders and it gives me more resolve to enjoy this journey....Thanks V. for inspiring this!

And of course, THE ROBOTECH WORD OF THE SHOW, I save it for the very end for reasons that will be obvious when you get there....hee hee!

Thank you once again to the listeners all around the world who have chimed in....Robotech really is a worldwide community!

REVIVE FOR 25!

- JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 6 months ago #6918
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 5

Hi everyone!

Another edition of The Protoculture Times in on the air!

Now a programming note (which I do repeat on the episode). There will NOT be an episode next week. Just too much going on then for me to devote the necessary time to the show and it would not be fair to me nor to you the listener to put out something half-assed. I will be back for a new episode on Friday, October 30th. I will however still chime in on the blog and I will have a “mini-cast” sometime before the next episode.

But on to the show!

A few words about episode 4...but no apologies

SHOUT OUTS!..More international listeners…and a very pleasant surprise I received!

The Robotech Files - I take on the subject that most intimidates me the most….the mecha. In this case the mecha form the Macross Saga. Being that this is an audio podcast. I’ve put links to what I talk about on my site, www.protoculturetimes.com I used it while doing the segment so it’s only fair that you can follow. Thanks to Mike Perry for the web page, it was a big help and I learned alot! To anyone who wants to add to the discussion, you are invited to do so!

“2 for 1″ Segment - A review of one of the Jack Mckinney novels leads into the new Protoculture Times Poll question! (It’s up already for you to vote!)

The Robotech Word of the Show - 'NUFF Said

In the Robotech Spotlight - A very deserving group of international Robotech fans get the kudos this week!

And again, THANK YOU to everyone who has listened and chimed in. You all add on to the motivation that I already have for this!

REVIVE FOR 25! -

JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 6 months ago #7058
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 5

How about taking two weeks off so I can catch up?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #7090
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 5

SIGHUP wrote:

It's called multitasking, learn how to do it!

14 years 6 months ago #7091
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 5

HappyPenguins wrote:

SIGHUP wrote:

Make that three weeks!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #7094
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: The ProtocultureTimes Podcast- Episode 5

SIGHUP wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

SIGHUP wrote:

Make that three weeks!

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
LOOK AT ME IM USING CAPS LOCK I R A HARD CORE
MUTHA FUCKA!

14 years 6 months ago #7105
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds