The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

UEG_Productions wrote:

Just finished Listening to the big 2 part episode 20...

It was a great show. Great thanks for all the kind words , and the support. :)

And it was great to be able to hear Greg Finley talking about his career.

THANK YOU Nenad, you are a true talent and an excllent example of the "Robotech Spirit"! The honor was all mine and I look forward to Artemis in all its stages!

You and the rest of the guests turned an awesome moment for me and turned it into a TOTALLY AWESOME ONE!

Thanks for that!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #11021
The topic has been locked.
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Just finished listening to Part 2, and it was awesome as always.

The Greg Finley interview was interesting...kind of like the Michael Bradley interview, it seems like a lot of the people who worked on Robotech were only dimly aware (if at all) that what they were doing was somehow special or different. As Michael Bradley said, it was just another job. Greg Finley could do voice work, knew some of the people involved, and audtioned. No big deal, right?

It seems like it's not until later that they realized just how important their work was to many people. It's gotta be kind of surreal for them when it suddenly hits them.
14 years 1 month ago #11022
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES MEGARESULTS SHOW

Gubaba wrote:

Just finished listening to Part 2, and it was awesome as always.

The Greg Finley interview was interesting...kind of like the Michael Bradley interview, it seems like a lot of the people who worked on Robotech were only dimly aware (if at all) that what they were doing was somehow special or different. As Michael Bradley said, it was just another job. Greg Finley could do voice work, knew some of the people involved, and audtioned. No big deal, right?

It seems like it's not until later that they realized just how important their work was to many people. It's gotta be kind of surreal for them when it suddenly hits them.

Thank you again G!

With actors moving from project to project, when they complete it, it's like ok let's move on to the next job. It's nice to find out through these interviews that people like Michael and Greg appreciate the apperciation of the Robotech fans after all these years.

And after all that in Episode 20...there's still MORE....

First, thank you to ALL who have chimed in for Episode 20! Believe me it was an AWESOME time doing all those interviews and I'm glad I was able to share them with all of you.

NOW we have our MEGARESULTS SHOW!

www.protoculturetimes.com

Well, we have another results show for last week's poll questions and a new batch already waiting for you on the right hand side of the page!

Now with these polls....think well on your answers as the questions really go into the "What if?" regions....but of course..have fun voting!

And on this same show we go over the Quarter Final results and the Semi-Finals of the Big Event in this Robotech Anniversary month, the....

SDF-25 MECHA- TOURNAMENT! !!!
[/i][/b]
[/size][/i][/b]

We now have the Final Four of the tourney and it lies in your hands to decide WHO will make to the Finals and then crowned CHAMPION!!!!!!!!
IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!
(and what an Anniversary Month it has been!)

We'll see you Thursday for another AnniversaryCast...

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Zen72.
14 years 1 month ago #11023
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES MEGARESULTS SHOW

A fur-hour extravaganza followed the next day by a Megaresults show? You're a madman!!!
14 years 1 month ago #11026
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Max appears to be having a tough time against Miriya in the Mecha Tournament...he's winning, but not by much.

It's kinda fun to watch events of the show play themselves out shot-for-shot...in graph form.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Gubaba.
14 years 1 month ago #11123
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Right you are Gubs,

Currently the VF-1S already has 50% more votes than the MAC II. Looks like Cinderella won'r be finding its slipper or prince and when midnight strikes there will only be a pumpkin with a few mice.

If you see the current standings of the VF-1J and the ZENT QUADRONO (14-10) you'll find that its getting quite heated as the QUADRONO makes a dash with only three days remaining. The QUADRONO was used to destorying its opponents in the first few rounds, the difference is that this time is the first that it encounters an agile dog fighter, which seems to be the ultimate difference.

Its gonna be close but I predict the final matchup is going to come down to the VF-1S vs VF-1J.

Back to you Gubs. . .
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by SIGHUP. Reason: Darn it!
14 years 1 month ago #11128
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SIGHUP wrote:

Right you are Gubs,

Currently the VF-1S already has 50% more votes than the MAC II. Looks like Cinderella won'r be finding its slipper or prince and when midnight strikes there will only be a pumpkin with a few mice.

If you see the current standings of the VF-1J and the ZENT QUADRONO (14-10) you'll find that its getting quite heated as the QUADRONO makes a dash with only three days remaining. The QUADRONO was used to destorying its opponents in the first few rounds, the difference is that this time is the first that it encounters an agile dog fighter, which seems to be the ultimate difference.

Its gonna be close but I predict the final matchup is going to come down to the VF-1S vs VF-1J.

Back to you Gubs. . .

Thanks Sigh. The Quadrono's definitely one to watch, and the fans seem to love these little outbursts of temperament. And like I always say, professional mecha tournaments wouldn't exist without the spectators.

But I have to agree with you. Cinderella won't be getting home before the clock strikes twelve, and we'll be witnessing a threepeat of Max taking out Miriya.

But the final round could be anyone's game...
14 years 1 month ago #11141
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT SEMI FINALS

Things have taken a turn for the "quite interesting" with just a couple of days left to vote on the Semi-Finals!

Here's how the voting stands for both Semi Final Matchups as of 7:30 PM CST U.S.

VERITECH VF-1S SKULL (ROY/RICK)

22 (50%)

MAC II MONSTER DESTROID

22 (50%)

And...

VERITECH VF-1J BLUE (MAX)

21 (50%)

ZENTRAEDI QUADRONO

21 (50%)

Things are officially UP FOR GRABS!

Are the favorites destined to battle it out in the Finals or will Midnight be delayed for the Cinderellas to keep on dancing at the ball?

Well....the answers to those questions.....is up to you....

http://sdf25tournament.blogspot.com/

Voting closes on Saturday, April 3rd, 2010.

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 1 month ago #11214
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT SEMI FINALS

Is it dumb to admit how much damn FUN I'm having with this contest...?

GO MONSTER!!!

14 years 1 month ago #11220
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT SEMI FINALS

I lost that MAC II in an ebay bid once. It was a good deal too. I'm listening to the quarter-finals podcast. Whoa JT lay off the coffee! Well don't really because there is so much energy in the podcast.

You're very good at this. Do you do morning radio for a living?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #11233
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds