Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Yeah! I know, 8 sec of pure win.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11573
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST, THANK YOU CARL.....

CARL MACEK (1951-2010)
[/i][/b]

Words of gratitude to the man who helped make one kid's dreams come true.....

www.protoculturetimes.com

THE LIGHT THAT NEVER DIES

To understand death
Of it to make sense
I dare not to try
It's a task too immense

To ask that one word why?
The ancients have not a clue
Maybe there is no right answer
Perhaps this is true

The sadness that arises
From those that we lose
It is something we can't debate
It is something we can't choose

Perhaps the best solution of all
In this moment that we mourn
That in death it is not en ending
In it something else is born

The Day births the clear
The Night births the dark
Every life births its moments
Every moment makes its mark

To celebrate a life
Even at its end
Pays tribute to that soul
Puts our hearts on the mend

The sadness births the joy
And from the tears that we weep
Sprouts the memories that we will treasure
Of the love that we will keep

Carl, life took you too soon
It stole you from our sight
But to your family and to many others
You will still be our light

It's a light with no limit
vast as the clearest skies
For now and forever
It is The Light That Never Dies.....
[/i][/b]

The best way to honor you, my friend is to do what your intent was with Robotech.....to enjoy it.

Godspeed on this new journey Carl....and THANK YOU ALWAYS...

John
April 19, 2010
14 years 2 weeks ago #11768
  • mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST, THANK YOU CARL.....

One of your best podcasts yet. Too bad it had to be under these circumstances. Hang in there, and keep up the great work!
14 years 2 weeks ago #11772
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST, THANK YOU CARL.....

I agree with mecha2241 completely.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11773
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Alois-Fisher on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Indeed, wonderful job.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11848
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES PODCAST EPISODE #22

This week, an unprecedented show of love has been demonstrated by the fans to the memory of Carl Macek. The Protoculture Times extends its condolences to his friends and family, especially his wife, Svea. I feel that the best way I can honor his life, his memory, his legacy, is to continue the celebration of that which he gave us.......ROBOTECH!
[/i]
[/b]
Hi all!

Episode #22 of The Protoculture Times...

THE SHOUTOUTS!!!

The Robotech fandom made itself present in many different ways to say THANK YOU to Carl....

Nenad - You have taught me that it is best to concentrate on what matters and ignore what doesn't!

Vivian - Your words of wisdom I carry with me always!

THE ROBOTECH FILES -
We conclude our coverage of Robotech II: The Sentinels -THE MALCONTENT UPRISINGS!
File Attachment:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We see get Breetai get his OWN ISSUE (WOO-HOO!). We also find out the big twist in this story.....and we see how Max and Mirirya resolve their conflicts and they do it in the best way possible.....TOGETHER.

Once again a big kudos to Bill Spangler and the team involved with this. For this Robotech fan, it ranks very high in the Expanded Universe Stories!

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF - We go 30 years back when Saturday morning cartoons were SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS! A big blast from the past as we talk about THE CHALLENGE OF THE SUPERFRIENDS!

File Attachment:

Wikipedia article

Corny storylines...YES!....Still wondering how is it that the Legion of Doom didn't come up with a better plan to eliminate the Justice League?...DOUBLE YES!!!

Still love it after all these years?????....OH YOU BET!

That theme song is classic...you identify immediately just like with Robotech's!

I have some links on my site to an episode of the series!

ROBOTECH WEB GEMS - A very special edition, we go to RobotechX and Robotech.com to read some of the words from fans friends paying tribute to Carl Macek.....

That leads us in to IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT. I have decided to retire the name of the segment. I will continue to showcase those things and people in the Robotech Universe that deserve all the praise in the world.
But that spotlight.....that eternal spotlight will now and forever.....belong to Carl....
[/i][/b]

And to cap it off.....A final toast to the man himself....

So where do we go from here? Well I truly believe that Carl would've wanted that the celebration of Robotech continue as though he were still here....the show of love to him over this past week has been nothing short of incredible. There will always be a void that can never be filled and it will be different. But Carl will still be watching of how what he gave us has meant to so many of us...

Here on The Protoculture Times, the celebration continues.....

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME CARL!!!!!!!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!.....NOW AND ALWAYS!

- John
April 25, 2010
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 1 week ago #11989
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST- POLL QUESTIONS EDITION!

Hello all!

Continuing the celebration of this thing we call Robotech....ANNIVERSARYCAST TIME BABY!!!!!!

THE RETURN OF THE POLL QUESTIONS!

Sorry for putting these to the side in the last few weeks but they are back to make the Robotech fans think!

We first go over the long overdue results from our last batch and a few of those questions are certainly discussions for the future.....

The SDF-1 crash landing in the middle of World War II????

And with the results going into history.....and new set of enticing inquiries for you to exercise your right to vote on! Really thought about these new set of questions and it should be a lot of fun seeing the results!

We have our very FIRST SCIFI CROSSOVER MATCHUP!!! Two tough ladies are awaiting your votes...

How about some Robotech merchandise fans can get excited about?? (I think this type of question will be making frequent appearances in the polls...any suggestions?...let me know!)

And guess what.......the questions are already up!!!!!!!! So tell a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend....(you catch the drift..LOL!)

Now remember....next week...gonna be tough to get something in....though I'll try my damndest...something about Robotech podcasting.....IT'S FANTASTIC!

Great to be back and the Robotech Spirit lives on more than ever....

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 1 week ago #12132
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL QUESTIONS

Voting on these questions open until May 8th, 2010 - 11:59 PM

Vote at www.protoculturetimes.com

IN WHICH WOULD YOU SIT IN THE DEVELOPMENT/BUILDING OF?

- THE VERITECH FIGHTER
- THE HOVERTANK
- THE CYCLONE

DID KHYRON REALLY LEND A HAND INTO THE DEFEAT OF THE ZENTRAEDI?

- YES, TOTALLY!
- NO WAY!

WOULD A BATTLOID MODE HAVE WORKED ON THE VERITECH LOGAN?

- ABSOLUTELY!
- ABSOULUTELY NOT!

IF YOU COULD, YOU WOULD...

- SEE THE PROTOCULTURE MATRIX UP CLOSE
- EXPERIENCE A SPACE FOLD
- BE GROWN TO A FULL SIZE ZENTRAEDI!

ANGELO DANTE VS. LUNK...WHO'D WIN?

- ANGELO
- LUNK

CROSSOVER SCIFI MATCH: MIRIYA PARINO-STERLING VS. ELLEN RIPLEY (ALIENS)

- MIRIYA
- RIPLEY

WHICH ONE WOULD WORK FOR A "LIVE ACTION" ROBOTECH?

- THEATRICAL RELEASE
- STRAIGHT TO VIDEO
- NEW TV SERIES

WHAT PIECE OF ROBOTECH MERCHANDISE WOULD YOU BUY?

- A SCULPT OF CAPTAIN GLOVAL SITTING IN HIS COMMAND CHAIR
- A ROBOTECH COMMEMORATIVE COIN SET
- A PROTOCULTURE MATRIX SCULPT REPLICA

(on this last question, Greg Finley VA for Gloval voted for of course....)

Have fun!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!

- JT
14 years 3 days ago #12185
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by integrase on topic Re: SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT FINAL RESULTS!!!

Awesome.
14 years 2 days ago #12201
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #12 - ANGELO DANTE AND NEW POLLS!

Well hello there!

It is so awesome to be back after a brief hiatus! And the Robotech party continues with a brand spankin' new ANNIVERSARYCAST!

Our subject for this time is the all Souther Cross grunt, mission first, Zor Prime disliking, and chauvinistic towards one Dana Sterling, Angelo Dante!

File Attachment:

Now I like "Angie". He's no nonsense about his approach to military life and is always ready to take on the fight in the 15th Squad. While he has his "reservations" about his new CO, Dana, he is a reliable soldier who thinks about what's best for the team before himself. You see him struggle in accepting Zor Prime into the 15th because of his alien origins. Is he a xenophobe? I wouldn't go that far, but there is a definite distrust of anything non-earthly. (As a survivor of the Zentraedi Rain of Death, one definitely might have a negative attitude to aliens, especially those attacking your home planet, yet again!) He's big and can knock his opponent into the next Robotech generation. (Zor Prime gets a taste of this when he makes the mistake of mouthing off to Angelo.)

Angie's portrayal in the Expanded Universe is something I have always looked upon with a smile. Those reservations about Dana turn into....."something" else by the end of the Masters Saga novels! The epigraphs in the books with the letters to his parents basically lying to them of how things are really going and the references to the fruitcakes they send him (which would be an interesting backstory) really adds to the human factor and someone you can really identify with. (On a personal note, fruitcakes are something I never really acquired a taste for, but that's just me, LOL!)

Then you have The End of the Circle....where all things resolve themselves in the Robotech novel universe. He gets some pretty good "novel time" and we find out that his preference in women is the "muscular Amazonian" type.

Now on this cast we also discuss the results of our last poll questions. Thank you to everyone who participated.

AND in keeping with our promise to blow the polls out of the water we have a BRAND NEW set for you to think about and vote! They're already up so hop to it!

We have our second CROSSOVER SCIFI MATCHUP pitting two "suave" guys from Robotech and Star Wars against each other....

You get to vote again on "dream" Robotech merchandise you could purchase!

If you ever have any suggestions for poll questions like these, you can always hit me up with an email!

I'm working on Episode #23 which will be out either Saturday or Sunday as I want to go see Iron Man 2 with Karen this weekend.....sorry Smokey, no felines allowed in the theater!

Being on this two week furlough from the show, I can tell you guys I REALLY, REALLY MISSED IT! I have to say, I've gotten kinda "mushy" over this podcast! (BLAAAHHH!).....

But you know...I don't think I would have had it any othe way

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

- JT
13 years 11 months ago #12326
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds