The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT...THE FINAL MATCH

***PROGRAMMING NOTE: Gonna have to delay results show until Tuesday perhaps....I am coughing on every other word and it's been frustrating trying to record. What you probably noticed is that there are no new poll questions. I usually work on those Saturday night and I have been sick with this cold that I just went to bed early. We do have FINAL MATCH of the SDF-25 Mecha Tournament already started. So get your votes in on this last week of voting!

Sorry about the delay....we'll talk polls and tournament PLUS a regular AnniversaryCast this Tuesday!

But let's talk about the tournament......

Thank you to EVERYONE who has participated in this Tournament, it has been one of the most enjoyable experiences for me seeing people get so involved in this throughout each one of the rounds.

And now we come to the FINAL MATCH.

The voting was tense and exciting, especially in the last 24 hours....

IF you read this blog or my Facebook page yesterday, you know that a shred of doubt was raised in terms of the results of the Semi-Finals. An "interesting" influx of votes from a few locations within a span of a few hours gave me the fear that bots were being used the make automated queries to the site resulting in those votes. It made me think, are these results accurate...are they even fair? When people have voted on this, for the most part they can't vote again just only change their vote. I have been explained that there are ways around that. I am no expert by no means, but seeing how the voting went for that last day.....even I was like DAMN! For this tournament I had NOT taken into into account that something like this could happen.

THAT is where I am torn....going by the logic of the results...the Final Match should be the MAC II VS. the VF-1J BLUE.

Yet were the results obtained in a fair manner? Well people are going to like their mecha and even I have said when talking about the Tournament..."Tell a friend, tell a friend of a friend, tell a friend of a friend of a friend....etc." Like I said...I have been torn over the last few hours....

Now, I have been able to ascertain some facts of the situation, of which I'm not going to discuss here. I've been feeling like crap all weekend due to a severe cold and cough but that's not enough to keep me from deciding on what to do.

Time to go into "Random" mode......The voting was so close...and my "little kid" side said......"Golly gee whillakers...I wish all of them could be the winner!" Of course in this harsh world....things like are just NOT possible.

Therefore, and I want to thank Brian3D for this inspiration.....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES, THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES PROUDLY BRINGS TO YOU....THE FINAL MATCH FOR THE ONE AND ONLY...

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

And it will be...

MAC II Monster Destroid

VS.

Veritech VF-1A BLUE (Max)
(I've been calling this one the VF-1J, an admitted mistake, but this is the one where the Max Sterling legend starts, my apologies)

VS.

Veritech VF-1S SKULL (Roy/Rick)

VS.

Zentraedi Quadrono
[/b]

CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE FINALISTS!

A FOUR-WAY DANCE TO THE FINISH!

ONLY ONE WILL PREVAIL AND BE CROWNED CHAMPION!

KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT VOTING!

Due to being a few hours behind with posting, the voting for this FINAL MATCH will be open until SUNDAY, APRIL 4TH 9:59 AM! We'll announce the CHAMP later in that day!

I think this is the best solution taking all factors (hopefully) into consideration!

THE VOTING HAS STARTED SO GO HAVE FUN WITH IT!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Zen72.
14 years 1 month ago #11267
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic RANDOM THOUGHTS AND SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT

Hi all!

Another round of musings, a few words about a couple of recent happenings! And as always....one fan's opinion.

www.protoculturetimes.com

And we are in the middle of THE FINAL MATCH of the SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!

MAC II Monster Destroid

VS.

Veritech VF-1A BLUE (Max)
(I've been calling this one the VF-1J, an admitted mistake, but this is the one where the Max Sterling legend starts, my apologies)

VS.

VS.

Zentraedi Quadrono
[/b]

[/i][/b][/size]

Seeya tomorrow for an AnniversaryCast where we will talk poll results, finals of the tournament and more!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
14 years 1 month ago #11276
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #10 - THE MOTHER OF ALL.....

Hey all!

I hate pain. It hurts, makes you cranky....you want to feel better.....

So let's do another AnniversaryCast!

We first talk about the BIG EVENT, the finals of the

SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/i][/b][/size]
[/i][/b][/size][/b]

We've come to the home stretch! Will it be destiny or will it be a Cinderella story coming to pass?

Well...you guys and girls decide that!

We also talk about the results from last week's poll questions. (No new polls this week, but they come back with a vengeance for Episode #21!)

And since this IS an AnniversaryCast, let's keep talking some Robotech characters!

This time it's the Mother of All........Invid! The Queen Mother herself, the Invid Regis!

She is there from the beginning.....and when I say beginning I mean waaaaayy before Episode #1 of the Original 85 and she is there at the End.....End of the Circle that is. Her falling for Zor leads to some dire consequences for the rest of the galaxy....including the world she is destined to visit that takes her to a new plane of existence for her and her children.

Kind of ironic.....human seduces her, humans nearly destroy her planet.....Flowers she's looking for is on a human planet..comes to the conclusion that the most adept form on her new homeworld.....is human!

She just can't get away from us can she? :unsure:

While she is vengeful and hands the good ol' Earth its ass, can the argument be made that the Regis is a mother who is looking to protect the best interests for her children?

Hmmmm......perhaps in a future discussion....

Well, I did make it through despite the pain.....something that's beginning to really bother me.....but for a few moments, I get to put that to the side and do something I really love!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

Seeya this Saturday for EPISODE 21....feelin' lucky for this one!

REVIVE FOR 25!

- JT
14 years 1 month ago #11360
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANNIVERSARYCAST #10 - THE MOTHER OF ALL.....

Zen72 wrote:

Kind of ironic.....human seduces her, humans nearly destroy her planet.....Flowers she's looking for is on a human planet..comes to the conclusion that the most adept form on her new homeworld.....is human!

She just can't get away from us can she? :unsure:

Just goes to show JUST HOW DAMN AWESOME we are! :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #11373
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT - FINAL DAY OF VOTING!

Hey all!

In what has been a true celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Robotech, we are now at the final day of voting for SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT!

Here's how we enter the home stretch!

MAC II Monster Destroid

15 (33%)

Veritech VF-1J BLUE (Max)

7 (15%)

18 (40%)

Zentraedi Quadrono

5 (11%)

It's still close between SKULL ONE and the MAC II. Will the others make a final dash?

Your votes decide that.....

[/i][/b]

We will announce the CHAMP this Sunday, April 11th.

And don't forget, EPISODE 21 will be up on Saturday evening!

So much going on! So much fun!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #11390
  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT - FINAL DAY OF VOTING!

Ooh...the Monster still has a chance!

It's tempting to see if I can bring the "Coffee Corps" back into play... ;)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Gubaba.
14 years 1 month ago #11396
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES EPISODE #21

Why hello there!

Great to to be smilin', great to be alive and great to be back for Episode #21 of The Protoculture Times!

I do AnniversaryCasts, MegaResults shows but it just doesn't beat doing DA' MAIN SHOW!

What's on the lineup?

THE SHOUTOUTS! - Showing that the Robotech fandom is indeed WORLDWIDE! Peoples chiming in from such places as;

New Zealand
France
Brazil
United Kingdom
Florida
Georgia
Montana
Kentucky

Lanza-Orellana Family- Awesome trip you had and I'm glad you are all home!
Brian3D - Thank you for the Itunes support!
Lobizon - Gracias por tus palabras!

Some RANDOM THOUGHTS about Sylvain White and the Live Action Movie....

And guys and girls, THANK you for making Episode #20 the BEST EVER. From the guests to the greatest listeners in the world, it was a magical moment and an AWESOME TIME!

And we have almost come to the end of the BIG EVENT in Robotech's anniversary month, The SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT. What a tournament it has been and shortly we will crown DA' CHAMP! Thank you to ALL who participated and had fun with it. That was the name of the game and the gratifying feeling that I got from the response only "motivates" me for more.......STAY TUNED!

THE ROBOTECH FILES - EXIT ORIGINAL 85, ENTER EXPANDED UNIVERSE! For almost the entire life of this show, we have concentrated on the Original 85 and the time has come to take that step in this segment into the beyond.....Robotech's Expanded Universe!

The first step we take is into the comics world with the mini series THE MALCONTENT UPRISINGS! In this episode we will cover the first 6 of the 12 issue series...
File Attachment:

Even after 20 years since it was published, it still is quite a read! My hat's off to writer Bill Spangler and the team for this series. It brought out some secondary characters as the main focus and gives you a side of them so far removed from the original Robotech story!

OFF THE SCIFI SHELF - I am an 80's guy and it sure had it's share of "tough guy " movies and the film that we talk about on this edition is one that created a notable science fiction franchise still popular today, PREDATOR, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Wikipedia article

One production note. Originally, the role of the Predator was given to another 80's tough guy Jean Claude Van Damme and the alien looked a lot different than the Predator we've come to know and "love"

File Attachment:

Am I RELIEVED that neither Van Damme nor this "Predaor" make it to the final cut! I mean how could you NOT love THIS one ugly motherf......

File Attachment:

Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?......LOL!

PROTOCULTURE TIMES POLL QUESTIONS -
They are back with a VENGEANCE and they are already up for you to vote and we go over each one!

IN THE ROBOTECH SPOTLIGHT -
the light shines brightly this time on a gentleman by the name of Tana Sarnt. He's a Robotech fan with a Robotech dream. Dreams are all about hope and action and this guy has BOTH.

Check out his website, PROJECT ROBOTECH and his dream here!

My personal feelings about the LAM aside, I am totally rooting for this guy and his dream, because it's an AWESOME feeling when dreams do come true, I know from experience.

Once again, I am truly blessed to be able to interact with so many talented people out there in the fandom! Small projects, big projects, they are what keeps the boat afloat in Robotech. It's called effort and HEART!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

Seeya for our final SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT RESULTS SHOW coming up Sunday, April 11th!

REVIVE FOR 25!

-JT
14 years 1 month ago #11402
  • Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:THE PROTOCULTURE TIMES EPISODE #21

Great show as always JT, thanks for your kind words on the shoutouts.
Great review about THE MALCONTENT UPRISINGS Robotech comics, very illustrative and complete.
And finally...

Zen72 wrote:

One production note. Originally, the role of the Predator was given to another 80's tough guy Jean Claude Van Damme and the alien looked a lot different than the Predator we've come to know and "love"

...OMG!!! this guy looks like an invid...

:ohmy: ... :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Lobizon.
14 years 1 month ago #11404
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT FINAL RESULTS!!!

Hello all!

From 32 mecha that started.....we NOW HAVE ONE CHAMPION!

CLICK HERE TO SE WHO DA' CHAMP IS!!!!!
[/b][/url][/size][/i][/b]

On a personal note..... I'm kinda sad it's come to an end......

To everyone who participated with their votes and their comments, I thank you. This experience has been one of the most gratifying as my main objective was that everyone have FUN with the tournament and that objective was met MANY TIMES OVER.

I can certainly say that with what this tournament and The Protoculture Times have been over the last month or so, I really could hang it all up now and say.....job well done John!

But ya know......there's still MORE FUN TO BE HAD!!!!

So now that the SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT has passed on to the ages......what's next?

Stay Tuned..... ;)

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

REVIVE FOR 25!

- John
April 11, 2010
14 years 1 month ago #11421
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: SDF-25 MECHA TOURNAMENT FINAL RESULTS!!!

Hip hip hooray! VF-1S!!!

Maybe you should do the mecha tourney once a year.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #11422
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds