The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

• Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:The ProtocultureTimes Podcast

Thanks Bio! It's definitely going to be fun as it seems that some of the "favorites" are battling for their character lives.....Rick Hunter is TIED with Nova Satori....the fans will have the FINAL SAY!

UPDATE 06/16/10 12:30PM CST

Blogger is experiencing issues with their poll gadgets on the site. You may see them on the right or you may not. They are currently working on the situation and hopefully it should be fixed in good time...

SIGHS......just sucks....

If they don't come up...try again in a little while...HAPPY VOTING!

- John
13 years 10 months ago #12704
The topic has been locked.
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT!

Is back up!

Blogger was able to fix the poll issues and voting has reopened!

CLICK HERE FOR THE FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS!
VOTE AND HAVE FUN!!!!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!

- John
13 years 10 months ago #12705
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT UPDATE!!!

Hello all!

The Tournament is moving along and looks like it is going to be one for the history books! Fans from all over the world are getting in on the action! THANKS to all who have participated so far! Keep the votes coming and enjoy!

A few updates on some of the Round 1 matches....

REM (Sentinels) 24 (50%)

CORG (New Generation) 24 (50%)

Zor Clone and the Invid Prince battling it out to the bitter end!

LISA HAYES (Macross) 50 (92%)

BEN DIXON (Macross) 4 (7%)

With FIVE days to go in Round 1, can Ben pull off the MIRACLE OF MIRACLES and catch up to Lisa???

LANCER/YELLOW DANCER (New Generation) 31 (59%)

EXEDORE (Macross) 21 (40%)

Will this be the tournament of the Lonely Soldier Boy? Will Zentraedi fans take their ambassador to the next round?

VANESSA, SAMMIE, KIM (Macross) 26 (50%)

KHYRON (Macross) 25 (49%)

This one has been back and forth with advantage the Bridge Bunnies.......for the moment!

DANA STERLING (Masters) 34 (68%)

VINCE GRANT (Sentinels) 16 (32%)

Dana taken it to Bowie's dad! (He might be her best friend...but all's fair in the Roboetch Character Clash!) Will Vince's supporters make an appearance with their votes?

RICK HUNTER (Macross) 35 (71%)

NOVA SATORI (Masters) 14 (28%)

Nova ACTUALLY started off leading when voting opened! Will more of her fans show up or will the "Admiral" maintain his distance and head to the next round!

We have 32 matches for Round 1 with 5 days to go for the voting. Favorites are showing up and possible "Cinderella" stories are beginning their quest for the championship!

Haven't voted yet?

[/i][/b][/size]

Vote...root for your favorites...but above all else...HAVE FUN!!!!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25....'CAUSE IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE!!

- JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Zen72.
13 years 10 months ago #12736
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT UPDATE!!!

I can see people are really getting into it =P
I still lol at Khyron vs the bridge bunnies

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 10 months ago #12740
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ANNIVERSARYCAST #15 - MINMEI'S JOURNEY

Hiya!

Back with you to keep on partying some Robotech here on another AnniversaryCast!

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN/DOWLOAD THE EPISODE!

First A BIG THANK YOU for making the Robotech 25th Anniversary Character Clash Tournament a huge success in its first round. This is definitely going to be a truly memorable event. A WORLDWIDE CELEBRATION and anyone that wants to have fun is more than invited! You can get your last minute ROUND 1 votes in before June 25th 11:59 PM!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE
[/url][/size]

The "favorites"are making themselves known....but will it be a "CINDERELLA" that makes it to the final match........well that's for YOU to decide!

Also a few nuggets to talk about......

But on to the show.......lol!

Our subject for today is another one of those complex characters that Robotech gives us....and that is the melodious, beautiful but tortured LYNN MINMEI.

File Attachment:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From her songs, her hypnotic influence on the Zentraedi, her part in the Macross love triangle, Minmei is one of those characters you can either love or absoloutely hate in the Original 85.

When it comes to the Expanded Universe............whoa.

Her journey in the Sentinels by all rights should kill her..... and I mean literally. But somehow she survives. It can be said....it was meant for her to make it through despite the bruised heart (and face). You see there's a reason to the madness she is submitted to on Tirol.

Without her.......you can't have Robotech.............that simple, simple as that.

Yes.....refer to End of the Circle....lol!

I actually find myself feeling sympathy for her. She is forced to grow up quickly but has to learn about life....and love THE HARD WAY.

Again and again and again.......

But remember, in End of the Circle.....ALL THINGS DO RESOLVE THEMSELVES......and even after 15 years of reading it again and again.....I'm still scratching my head when it comes to Minmei's ultimate role in the Robotech Universe.

Talk about the mother..........

Thank you Carl, Brian and James.......AWESOME JOB!

Love her or hate her.....Lynn Minmei does get you to react! That's the power of the Robotech characters!

In addition, as what's become a mainstay on the AnniversaryCasts...we go over the results of our last batch of poll questions and for the FIRST TIME, we have a tie on one of the questions.....the power of the votes, I LOVE IT!!

And we can't finish one batch without bringing to you a new group of poll questions to sink your teeth into!

And remember, thees polls are not scientific, they don't prove anything nor do they expound on any Robotech "gospel"......they're just polls....have fun with them!

This Saturday, we will have our first results show for Round 1 of the tournament along with the Round 2 matchups! You guys know my favorite is Roy Fokker......but I have my eye on *************** to possibly making all the way to the finals!

Who's your favorite?......Who will you get your friends to vote for?......

WHO WILL BE THE ONE?

In the end....the fans decide!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!
[/size]

REVIVE FOR 25....'CAUSE IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE!!!!

The party continues......

Seeya Saturday!

- JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
13 years 10 months ago #12762
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT - ROUND 2

Welcome to all!

Our First Round of the tournament is in the history books......32 characters, by your votes and your votes alone survived to get to the Second Round of matchups!

Favorites made themselves known but there may be a surprise or two that can sneak up and make history!

That's for all of you to decide!

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. Things like this where fans from all over the globe can participate truly make it a Robotech Celebration. Spread the word and keep on having fun!

But without further ado........

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES, THE ROBOTECH 25TH ANNIVERSARY CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT PROUDLY BRINGS TO YOU THE OFFICIAL SECOND ROUND MATCHUPS!!

HERE WE GO!

JONATHAN WOLFF (SENTINELS) VS. MARIE CRYSTAL (MASTERS)
DOLZA (MACROSS) VS. RAND (NEW GEN.)
ROOK BARTLEY (NEW GEN.) VS. INVID REGIS (NEW GEN.)
LANCER/YELLOW DANCER (NEW GEN.) VS. REM (SENTINELS)
MARLENE/ARIEL (NEW GEN.) VS. MAX STERLING (MACROSS)
JOHN CARPENTER (SENTINELS) VS. LISA HAYES (MACROSS)
ANGELO DANTE (MASTERS) VS. BRON, RICO, KONDA (MACROSS)
MIRIYA (MACROSS) VS. MUSICA (MASTERS)
KHYRON (MACROSS) VS. DANA STERLING (MASTERS)
SEAN PHILLIPS (MASTERS) VS. LYNN MINMEI (MACROSS)
JANICE EM (SENTINELS) VS. ADMIRAL HAYES (MACROSS)
BREETAI (MACROSS) VS. SCOTT BERNARD (NEW GEN.)
ROY FOKKER (MACROSS) VS. AZONIA (MACROSS)
INVID REGENT (SENTINELS) VS. SERA (NEW GEN.)
HENRY GLOVAL (MACROSS) VS. EMIL LANG (SENTINELS)
RICK HUNTER (MACROSS) VS. COLONEL REINHART (SENTINELS)

Voting is open NOW! And here is the schedule;

Round 2: June 26th - July 2nd, 2010 11:59 PM[/b]

It is anybody's tournament at this point.......will those who dominated in the first round maintain now or will it be a fight to the final vote? Is there a character "of destiny" that will surprise us all?

Remember......in the end, there can only be ONE!

WHAT TIME IS IT????

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!
[/size][/i][/b]

VOTE...SPREAD THE WORD.....BUT ABOVE ALL ELSE.......HAVE FUN!

REVIVE FOR 25!!!.......'CAUSE IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE!!!!!!!!

NOW GO AND VOTE! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- John "JT"
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.[/i][/b]
13 years 10 months ago #12784
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT - UPDATE!

We will have a special AnniversaryCast: Tournament Edition this Tuesday talking about the First Round results and Round Two which is currently underway.....and anything else that comes to mind! ;)

Here are some match updates!

JONATHAN WOLFF 5 (23%)

MARIE CRYSTAL 16 (76%)

Why am I liking Marie's chances more and more? Can Wolff howl out a comeback?

MARLENE/ARIEL 3 (15%)

MAX STERLING 16 (84%)

Can't stop....CAN'T STOP THE MAXIMILLIAN!!!

BREETAI 11 (52%)

SCOTT BERNARD 10 (47%)

Scott's fans say "NOT SO FAST!" to Breetai's peeps!

HENRY GLOVAL 18 (85%)

EMIL LANG 3 (14%)

A quote from friend of The Protoculture Times, Greg Finley, voice of "The Captain" on his chances, "Go, go, go, Gloval!!! "Gonna be a long trip!" AWESOME! Will that trip take him to the championship?

And there are 12 more matches for you to vote on! Voting for this round will be until Friday, July 2nd, 11:59 PM.

[/size]
IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!

Vote.....predict....but above all else........HAVE FUN!

Seeya!

- JT
13 years 10 months ago #12793
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT - UPDATE!

lol @ Breetai vs Scott.... voted for Scott of course =X

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 10 months ago #12801
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT ROUND 3!!!

EXIT ROUND 2........ENTER ROUND 3!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya!

Thanks to all who voted on our Second Round....Who dominated?...Who fought it out to the end?.......Who was sent home packing???

Well, the fans have spoken........and we have the third round of our tournament!

And NOW you have a mix of your classic favorites and possible surprises.......that means, EVERY VOTE IS GOLDEN!

And it is you, THE FANS that will decide those two characters for our FINAL MATCH!

But that'll be when we get there.......for now though;

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES, THE ROBOTECH 25TH ANNIVERSARY CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT PROUDLY BRINGS TO YOU THE OFFICIAL THIRD ROUND MATCHUPS!!

(I just love those brackets....lol!)

HERE WE GO!.....

MARIE CRYSTAL (MASTERS) VS. RAND (NEW GEN.)
ROOK BARTLEY (NEW GEN.) VS. LANCER/YELLOW DANCER (NEW GEN.)
MAX STERLING (MACROSS) VS. LISA HAYES (MACROSS)
ANGELO DANTE (MASTERS) VS. MIRIYA PARINO-STERLING (MACROSS)
DANA STERLING (MASTERS) VS. LYNN MINMEI (MACROSS)
JANICE EM (SENTINELS) VS. BREETAI (MACROSS)
ROY FOKKER (MACROSS) VS. SERA (NEW GEN.)
HENRY GLOVAL (MACROSS) VS. RICK HUNTER (MACROSS)

I'll be honest folks.....I'm kinda sad as I know with this round, we'll be saying goodbye to some really awesome characters......but that is the nature of the tournament.....someone wins....someone loses.

It just sucks doesn't it? LOL!....

But hey....it's your call....it's YOUR tournament!

Will the Sterling family stay together for the next round?
Gloval vs. Hunter??? Somebody get me Greg Finley and Tony Oliver on the phone!!!!!!!!
Which "Cinderella" will make it past midnight?

That's what Robotech celebrations are supposed to be.....FUN AND EXCITING!

I also wanted to thank those who chimed in on my "SPECIAL" poll question.....I really wanted to know if covering up the results would work for people and it turned out good arguments from both sides....so in this round....you'll still be able to see the percentages of the votes......

I'm still considering it for the THE FINAL MATCH......let me know you're thoughts through comments here or by email!

Voting for Round 3 is open NOW! And here is the schedule;

Round 2: July 3rd - July 9th, 2010 11:59 PM

This Tournament has really turned into one big gathering for fans around the world! Robotech fandom..........IT'S WORDLWIDE!

Be a part of the party.....be a part of history! HAPPY VOTING!!

IT"S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVIVE FOR 25.....'CAUSE IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE!!!

- JT
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.[/i][/b]
13 years 10 months ago #12820
  • Zen72
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic ROBOTECH CHARACTER CLASH TOURNAMENT UPDATE: 7/4/10

***UPDATE 07/05/10
LOOKS like Blogger fixed the problem with the polls......HOWEVER....I am not totally convinced so I am leaving the polls in the blog post open for voting and the ones on the right side of the blog page also open for voting.....so technically...you can VOTE TWICE. It'll be ok for this round and then we'll see what we do for the quarter finals. Happy voting to all!- JT[/b][/size]

Hiya!!!!

First, a Happy 4th of July to all the listeners in the U.S. and U.S. citizens abroad. To all the miltary personnel listening to the show, thank you for your sacrifices and your honored service!

I've been kind of upset ALL DAY....... :angry:

Seems like Blogger's poll system is at it again and it is NOT registering ALL votes. In this tournament EVERYONE'S VOTE COUNTS!!!! It's frustrating as they JUST acknowledged the problem.....oh well.

Since JT is proactive and this IS Robotech's Silver Anniversary, I have found a solution......

I have placed NEW POLLS in the following blog post at the Tournament site....

[/size]

A special THANK YOU to the folks at MICROPOLLS.COM for providing their services and coming to the rescue. Polls are verified to work! :cheer:

If you have ALREADY voted on the right side of the Tournament site......VOTE AGAIN AT THAT LINK....I will count ALL votes when Round 3 closes next Friday....

It's been very frustrating. It's kinda like the DJ you contracted not showing up to the party! Luckily there was one available for emergencies!

Now that we have our Tournament Polls back! LET"S GET OUR GROOVE ON BABY!!!!!!!!!

Here are the Robotech Character Clash Tournament Round 3 Official Brackets;

And speaking of grooves......we are back WEDNESDAY JULY 7th for a Tournament Edition of the AnniversaryCast! We'll talk about that and more! (I have missed being in front of the mic!)

Happy voting to all and thank you always for your understanding!!!!!!!

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/size]

- John "JT"
13 years 10 months ago #12824
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds