Random daily chit-chat

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Random daily chit-chat

Alpha Bravo wrote: Origin is garbo. Similar issues running Mass Effect 3, some people have what is known as the "Retaliation Glitch" because the Retaliation DLC introduced it. Basically it ensures desync between you and their servers, and the only way to work around it is to start with Origin in offline mode.

I'm not sure what console players have to do, since they don't have Origin. I've heard of people deleting their DLC and having to put it on a USB stick, then insert that into one of the console's USB ports after the game is loaded.

In other news, I got my new chemo cocktail last monday. It can increase risk of infections, pnumonia, cause bone marrow cancer (why treat cancer with something that causes more cancer), kidney failure (I only have one kidney and it's already overworked with CT scans every 3 months), liver failure (and my liver is already sick), and cause hepatitis to run rampant (I get an occasional cold sore on the corner of my mouth, haven't had one in over 2 years though and would rather let it sleep).

And they don't even know IF it will help any. It's basically an experiment to see what, IF ANY, effect it might have on my spinal lesions. So what, if I don't take it, in 10 years I have to have surgery to get a disc removed. That's better than having a miserable quality of life starting right now, taking medications that could possibly even kill me. I called the hospital and left them a message saying I'm not taking this poison. It's just not worth it.

Oh JFC you poor thing that's horrible! *hugs* Yeah sounds to me like a horrible drug, especially to be testing on someone like you who already has enough problems FFS so good on you for giving them the finger lol! I too can't stand any drugs that have more risks than their worth. I had to stop taking this migraine medication years back because it made me so bad I could barely function. I was tired all the time, couldn't string sentences together, couldn't do anything really cause I couldn't focus, so I told that neurologist it's not worth it. I'd rather deal with the migraine than feel like a zombie.

That drug was called Topamax btw, and I learned there's a nickname for it by other people, and its called "Dopamax" most fitting fuckin nickname there ever was. In fact they should just change the drug's name to that instead. I've also been guinea pig for other drugs too, mainly anti depressants. I think I mentioned once that my old roommate I had in rehab was taking the same drug and had a bad allergic reaction to it, went nuts talking to herself, smoking in the apartment, shouting at nothing randomly. I locked myself in my room during that time. She fuckin scared me. I flushed that same medication too, after seeing what it did to her I was like no fuckin way. That crap was called Latuda btw

I just think it's awful that people like us who are already sick get used as guinea pigs for shit. Test it on inmates FFS a lot of them are sick too. But anyway I think I fixed my game. It didn't crash thankfully but then again I didn't run it very long this time so we'll see on the next. TGIF I'm drinking tonight and watching a movie with a friend <3

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 2 months ago #25222

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Random daily chit-chat

I'm an extra special guinea pig, because I have such rare types of cancer that they honestly have no idea how to treat. Like the one that started on my kidney and is now in my liver, is a rare type that around 60 people in the world have it. Now with it making spots on my spine, that puts me into a category of around 5 people worldwide.

I guess after the success of Y-90 Spheres and Lanreotide, I've served my experimental purpose, so might as well kill me off! The suggestion for this particular cocktail came from my old oncologist at UPMC, because my current oncologist here in Ohio doesn't know what else to do. Well at UPMC you're just a number to them. The doctors I see now are a bit more personal, and will probably agree with me, though be at a loss for other ideas.

I ALMOST picked up a bottle of wine while I was at Wal Mart getting coffee creamer. I'm still not sure why I didn't!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 2 months ago #25224

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: I'm an extra special guinea pig, because I have such rare types of cancer that they honestly have no idea how to treat. Like the one that started on my kidney and is now in my liver, is a rare type that around 60 people in the world have it. Now with it making spots on my spine, that puts me into a category of around 5 people worldwide.

I guess after the success of Y-90 Spheres and Lanreotide, I've served my experimental purpose, so might as well kill me off! The suggestion for this particular cocktail came from my old oncologist at UPMC, because my current oncologist here in Ohio doesn't know what else to do. Well at UPMC you're just a number to them. The doctors I see now are a bit more personal, and will probably agree with me, though be at a loss for other ideas.

I ALMOST picked up a bottle of wine while I was at Wal Mart getting coffee creamer. I'm still not sure why I didn't!

Jesus I'm really at a loss of words here, that's just awful to hear and I'm so very sorry this happened to you :( and I'm sure you must get tired of people feeling sorry for you, I know I do and my issues aren't even half as serious.

But my god I pray that your doctor comes through for you. In the meantime one thing you should know is that Extra Virgin Olive oil can kill cancer cells, so maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea to implement into your diet more often. I always brush bread and dough with it and ofc being half wop I dip my bread in it too.

As for you forgetting you wine, shame on you! JK
maybe you were thinking about your liver at the time? I'm almost finished with this first bottle and about to move on to my second <3

7 years 2 months ago #25226

I use extra virgin olive oil in my spaghetti/pizza/beefaroni sauces, and in my salad dressings.

I guess the takeaway from this is to make and eat more pizza!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 2 months ago #25228

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: I use extra virgin olive oil in my spaghetti/pizza/beefaroni sauces, and in my salad dressings.

I guess the takeaway from this is to make and eat more pizza!

More pizza is always good <3

Damn now I'm craving that lmao but then agfain I'm tipsy soooo I'm craving anything ;)

7 years 2 months ago #25230

I made beefaroni tonight! I make my homemade spaghetti sauce, but the secret to turning it into beefaroni sauce is to stir in shredded cheese after it's done simmering. Then just add the ground beef and noodles and voila!
7 years 2 months ago #25232

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

That sounds pretty good actually. I just had my left over pasta from today. It's veggie rotini mixed with tomato and basil sauce <3 and ofc mozzarella cheese. You can't have pasta without cheese, that's a sin and if it isn't ir should be! Much like people who don't season their damn chicken.

Bird is mad cause I didn't share oh well tough titties! I still have some left over pistachio cake too <3
I didn't go overboard with the choclate chips this time either lol.

7 years 2 months ago #25234

The problem with chocolate chips is that by the time I'm ready to add them, there's hardly any left!
7 years 2 months ago #25236

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

And what dare I ask do you add them to? Also I only get the semi sweet kind <3 Go semi sweet or go home ;)

7 years 2 months ago #25238

Well I suppose I would add them to cookies, but I haven't made any in quite some time, as I've been staying away from excess sugar.

But I guess a few wouldn't hurt!
7 years 2 months ago #25240

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds