Random daily chit-chat

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Random daily chit-chat

Alpha Bravo wrote: Well I suppose I would add them to cookies, but I haven't made any in quite some time, as I've been staying away from excess sugar.

But I guess a few wouldn't hurt!

Well thanks god you didn't say pancakes cayse BARF and speaking of chocolate and cookies I'm still eating the last of the treats my bestie sent me for my B-day. Yeah I got a huge ass basket full of snacks from her <3 including dark chocolate covered pretzels and these lemon tea cookies.

And omg sims make the worst parents lmao, I swear t his one woman just set her newborn down on the ground and walked away so I pause game and hover cursor over and it says shes going home. Not even sims want kids :laugh:

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 2 months ago #25242

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Random daily chit-chat

Happy birthday! I'll make you some pancakes!

I don't put chocolate chips in them, but I do use chocolate almond milk and wheat flour!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 2 months ago #25244

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Happy birthday! I'll make you some pancakes!

I don't put chocolate chips in them, but I do use chocolate almond milk and wheat flour!

Thanks babe but my B-day already came and went. It was last month <3
Not only that but these days I don't think I can even look at pancakes anymore. What happened was this; about a year or so ago I was trying to get more foodstamps because my rent had gone up so for half a month I barely had anything but fuckin pancake mix, the crap you just add water to, so for that time that was the only thing I ate and when DHS finally came through for me I vowed to never eat pancakes again lmao

Speaking of food I'm about to go shopping soon and I don't even need to wear my winter coat cause its in the 60s outside. Also jokes on my friend Evan who thought I wouldn't wake up till 6PM today just because I drank last night. I swear whenever I drink he says he won't hear from me till 6 PM the next day cause I sleep all fuckin day lol well its mostly true but I do wake up early sometimes. He also says I'm a vampire, which I could pass for since I'm pale as a ghost, but when I tan people say I look Mexican, which is only true if you grew up with them spaghetti westerns :P

7 years 2 months ago #25246

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well I've been working on some writing tonight since it's dead in my chat, though I suspect the reason is because a couple of my friends are sexting lmao no seriously I came back to a very suggestive convo a while ago and so I can only assume that's what they're up to.

Not my cup of tea mind you but I'm not one to judge so have at it! Anyway I've got about 7 pages completed so far. Still planning things as I go but I've made up my mind, this will definitely be the final chapter of this particular story. Then the second begins with a one month time skip which will reflect on the aftermath of things, showing how characters have changed and what not. The second part is definitely going to be a lot darker especially since its meant to act as a set up for the main story.

Oh and art, haven't forgotten about that. It's a lot of work that's all and I'm not always on board because of IRL BS.

Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 2 months ago #25256

LOL speaking of IRL BS I got my Nvidia 1060 today, it SHOULD have been a simple swap out with the Nvidia 660, but it didn't work. I swapped them back and forth, crawling around on the floor under my desk mind you, half a dozen times, and came to the conclusion that the 1060 is broke out of the box.

I was going to return it, but Rak told me maybe it's the Gigabyte BIOS causing the issue. This motherboard has never worked right ever since we built this PC, and it kept freezing on the Gigabyte splash screen, so maybe that's it. Well after 3 applications downloaded from their own website failed to update my BIOS, I did it manually with a USB stick. Then it didn't boot at all!

So I had to take a paper clip and short out pins 5 and 6 on the M-BIOS chip which is about the size of Lincoln's nose on a penny, while avoiding pin 8 because that would shock me to death, this would result in forcing the B-BIOS chip to restore defaults to the M-BIOS chip. Half dozen attempts at this and I put it all together and now magically not only does the PC boot again, but now the 1060 works like a charm.

So I sent Newegg an email saying nevermind the return I'd already filed earlier today.

My back is going to hate me tomorrow.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 2 months ago #25258

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: LOL speaking of IRL BS I got my Nvidia 1060 today, it SHOULD have been a simple swap out with the Nvidia 660, but it didn't work. I swapped them back and forth, crawling around on the floor under my desk mind you, half a dozen times, and came to the conclusion that the 1060 is broke out of the box.

I was going to return it, but Rak told me maybe it's the Gigabyte BIOS causing the issue. This motherboard has never worked right ever since we built this PC, and it kept freezing on the Gigabyte splash screen, so maybe that's it. Well after 3 applications downloaded from their own website failed to update my BIOS, I did it manually with a USB stick. Then it didn't boot at all!

So I had to take a paper clip and short out pins 5 and 6 on the M-BIOS chip which is about the size of Lincoln's nose on a penny, while avoiding pin 8 because that would shock me to death, this would result in forcing the B-BIOS chip to restore defaults to the M-BIOS chip. Half dozen attempts at this and I put it all together and now magically not only does the PC boot again, but now the 1060 works like a charm.

So I sent Newegg an email saying nevermind the return I'd already filed earlier today.

My back is going to hate me tomorrow.

Oh say no more, with computers it's never fuckin simple! But at least you finally got the damn thing to work and didn't have to return it, cause there's nothing worse than spending money on something that doesn't work right. Computers are just finicky ass bastards and only work when they want to. With my other laptop I got locked out of it once because some stupid windows update fucked with my registry and suddenly the stupid thing wouldn't accept my password which is fuckin saved, so then I do some searching on the other working laptop to find out what happened and then it says I should save the password on a usb drive WUT?

By that point I was so fed up I ended up calling tech support and those fucks charged me $50 for 10 mins of their time but at least they helped me figure it out. After that BS I fuckin turned off Windows updates and guess what? Haven't had a single problem since!
Amazing just fuckin amazing.

But anyway hopefully your back won't be too bad, if it is just ice it or use a heating pad. Right now I'm fixing to run my game and see how well I fixed that, oh and drinking a nice cup of chai tea mixed with a little coconut milk <3
It's gud but now I'm wondering if I should've steeped the bag a lil longer.

7 years 2 months ago #25260

Surprisingly, my back is fine today, but everything from the waist down is sore as fuck. I don't think I'm going to be moving around much today. Owie!
7 years 2 months ago #25262

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Surprisingly, my back is fine today, but everything from the waist down is sore as fuck. I don't think I'm going to be moving around much today. Owie!

Just soak yourself in the tub then, that should help. Add some bubblebath too ;)

and oh em gee I just can't with this goob today. He's being a dork and trying everything in his power to get my attention, which is surprising since he bit me last night cause I was trying to remove some crud off his beak. He was being a snappy little fucker so I left him be and now hes desperate for attention lol, go figure.

7 years 2 months ago #25264

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I have no alc and I"m broke for the rest of the month too </3 And now I gotta wait for this episode of TWD to go up so I can watch it since my live stream fucked up! So in the meantime let's have some fun!

So what's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

For me my stupidity always seems to occur in the kitchen, and right off the top of my head I can think of one time I went to preheat the oven and forgot about the fuckin pizza box inside, so yeah once the kitchen began to fill with smoke that's when I suddenly remembered lmao

Another dumb thing I've done is turn on stove with a plastic container sitting right on the burner. I can't remember if I was tired, drunk, or both. But all my retard moments happen in the kitchen.

7 years 2 months ago #25273

I've never done anything "stupid" in that sense. But one summer night at the lake I was hanging out with my two satanist friends and we were bored, and Eric's mom had a huge trash pile in the corner of the garage, so we started digging through it to find something to entertain ourselves with.

We found a tire, a can of gasoline, and a 10 foot long 2x4 with 4 inch nails sticking out of it all along its length.

We walked to the top of the hill overlooking the beach, and made up a fun game. We would fill the tire with gasoline, light it on fire, then roll it down the hill. The objective was to make it down the hill, through the gate, across the playground, down to the beach, and into the water. It veered immediately off course and crashed into the fence. We ran all the way back to Eric's house.

An hour later, we of course were wondering whatever happened. We piled into the rowboat and rowed to the beach. As we were about 100 feet offshore, the security cop's car appeared at the top of the hill, drove down the path, and his headlights were shining right at us. Eric yelled "Duck!" And we hit the floor of the rowboat. The cop either didn't see us, or didn't care, or assumed that the boat was just loose. The car arrived at the beach, turned around, and went back up the hill. We rowed our asses back to Eric's house ASAFP.

We parked the boat and went through the downstairs sliding door into the bottom floor of the house, where Eric's room was. 20 minutes later, the cop arrived and knocked on the front door. He asked Eric's mom if we were home. She told him yeah, we've been in Eric's room all night long playing guitars. She didn't even know any better, but she was always the best cover for us.

What did we do with the nail-studded 2x4? We climbed up into the rafters of the garage and tied each end to a length of cable, with a third length tied into a slipknot that you could pull to release it. Upon release, it would swing towards the garage door, and the nails would hit whoever was coming through the doorway right in the face.

That was 20-odd years ago. I wonder if it's still hanging up there? I hope nobody actually got hit by it!

Oh, I guess there is one stupid thing. Eric's mom took care of an elderly lady, and the bottom floor of the house was full of her antique stuff. Willy found a yellowed tapestry depecting a barrel keg party in the year 1480. We knew this was the time period because 1480 was embroidered into the lower right corner. I took them up to Youngstown so they could sell it to a pawn shop for beer money.

Well of course, a few months later Eric's mom discovered the tapestry was missing. Apparently the thing was legit, as in ACTUALLY AN AUTHENTIC PIECE FROM 1480, and when the old lady died a museum was supposed to get it for like 3 million dollars. Well of course none of us knew anything about it. Nate suggested Willy must have stolen it when nobody was looking.

Those were the days!
7 years 2 months ago #25276

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds