Random daily chit-chat

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Random daily chit-chat

Oh and there was the time Jason was staying with an elderly couple I knew, and they wouldn't let him stay if he had a gun in the house. The gun in question was an AK-47.

So I took him over to Canton one day so he could sell it. We arrived at the proverbial b-ball court in the middle of the proverbial downtown hood. Jason told me to stay in the car and let him do all the talking. We were immediately surrounded by about 20 dudes. Fortunately Jason knew a few of them. He said he had an AK for sale. They wanted to make sure it worked before they bought it. So Jason told them to get into their cadillac and follow us.

Jason directed me down the street, around a bend, and into an alleyway. The cadillac was right behind us. When we reached the intersection, Jason leaned out the window and fired 6 shots up into the air. He climbed back in and said "GO!" I didn't even know which way we were going, I just go'd.

The cadillac veered off and took a different route. We met back up at the b-ball court. Sold!
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 2 months ago #25277

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Well I guess one of the stupidest things I've ever done was NOT joining the Army.

I was 18, didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Living out in the middle of nowhere, wasn't much for jobs, didn't have any promising leads. So I hung out with these two Army recruiters. Of course they were full of fun stories to tell me about their own time in active service. I went up to the city and took my ASVAB test (Armed Services Vocational Apptitude Battery, I think it stands for). Basically the armed services version of your SATs. It's not so much a test of how much you know, because of course I didn't have any vocational skills or training; rather it was a test of your ability to understand concepts and problem solving. I scored a 96. They were floored. They told me with such a high score, I could literally be anything I wanted. I could have been an army doctor, or a career officer, or a helicoptor technician, anything I wanted was within my grasp.

Then the bucket factory called me and offered me a job. I still regret taking it.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
7 years 2 months ago #25279

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Random daily chit-chat

Sounds like y'all were quite the troublemakers back then lol :P

In my younger days not a lot happened, I talked a lot of smack to other kids and destroyed toys for fun with my younger cousins. Fun times were had but not, most of the entertaining shit happened later on, in recent years to be exact lol.

Like for example, a lot of us were smokers in rehab and there's a bench outside the staff apartment building which we dubbed the smoking bench cause we always sat there, and we were the smoking group <3 Well this new guy came along and omg he was the most annoying son of a bitch I had ever met. All of us couldn't stand him because he would talk and talk and talk and talk, telling us his life story right then and there.

Well we had this chair one of us would sit on when the bench was filled and one day this chair broke but you couldn't tell unless you sat on it, and this guy Jaime Mr. Jabberjaw as we called him, always tried to talk to us and even sit down on the bench, so my friend Richard propped open the busted chair and tried to get him to sit down on it, knowing he would fall on his big fat ass and we were all waiting for it too. Jaime even walked over and attempted to sit then stopped and goes "oh sorry guys I forgot I gotta run some errands for my parents"

So he leaves and the lot of us are pissed off because our plan didn't work lmao. However I do recall one of us forgetting the chair was broke and sat down on it only to come crashing down on the hard ass concrete, no pun intended.

But Jaime wasn't the only annoyance, actually there was someone worse than him and this guy you could probably smell a fuckin mile away too! His name was Joe, but we all called him stinky Joe because the man never bathed and always smelled like BO, shit, and god knows what else! To make matters worse he was fat af too so not only did he smell like something died, but when we were all crammed into the main van, he took up two fuckin seats and NO ONE wanted to sit next to him. *GAG*

Well after leaving rehab I was still going to outpatient therapy, and most of us from the program were there too including stinky Joe. And he would always try to sit near me and it made me sick, so one day I had finally had enough and I said to him, "Can you please go sit somewhere else? I'm sorry but you smell REALLY bad and I'm already sick to my stomach!"

Yeah he got up and moved so fuckin fast lol but I was serious. And the staff weren't getting on his case about it either, that's a disgusting thing to have to deal with when you're trying to get help for yourself. It's absolutely offputting. And on top of it all the guy was also a fuckin weirdo. Like for some fucktarded reason one day in group we were discussing sex as a topic of discussion and staff asks us to name a word that comes to mind when we hear that word, well most of us said things like love, romance, and what does this idiot come up with? GANGBANG yes that's right he thinks of gangbanging when he hears the word "sex" like okay, and even worse that the staff actually wrote that on the board. SMH

At that point I just wanted to walk out of there lol I haven't been back there in two years now. But I know that stinky joe is long gone and got moved to the other mental health clinic. Thank god too, someone else can put up with him. I met a lot of strange people through rehab and very few have I stayed in contact with. Although some of them do live in my building too and one guy is annoying but doesn't bother me too much thank god. He did get kicked out of groups last I heard for asking inappropriate questions! Okay well how hypocritical of them since they let Joe get away with same thing.

Glad I'm done with that place </3

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
7 years 2 months ago #25280

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Well I guess one of the stupidest things I've ever done was NOT joining the Army.

I was 18, didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up. Living out in the middle of nowhere, wasn't much for jobs, didn't have any promising leads. So I hung out with these two Army recruiters. Of course they were full of fun stories to tell me about their own time in active service. I went up to the city and took my ASVAB test (Armed Services Vocational Apptitude Battery, I think it stands for). Basically the armed services version of your SATs. It's not so much a test of how much you know, because of course I didn't have any vocational skills or training; rather it was a test of your ability to understand concepts and problem solving. I scored a 96. They were floored. They told me with such a high score, I could literally be anything I wanted. I could have been an army doctor, or a career officer, or a helicoptor technician, anything I wanted was within my grasp.

Then the bucket factory called me and offered me a job. I still regret taking it.

Well hon I wouldn't say that was stupid, you were just unsure at the time and probably felt a little overwhelmed by those choices.

I too had no clue what to do with myself once I turned 18. Wanted to study psychology and maybe get into counseling, but great grandmother I was living with talked me out of it by saying shit like "oh you don't want to do that, thats where they make you interview serial killers and rapists" so that scared me and put me off, but since then I've done nothing but watch and read about serial killers and wouldn't mind interviewing one. Personally I think it would be interesting.

7 years 2 months ago #25281

Ok next life we will do whatever we want.

Deal?
7 years 2 months ago #25283

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Ok next life we will do whatever we want.

Deal?

Sounds good to me, but for now we should just make the most of what we've got.

And ofc I'm saying this half awake because my bird kept shaking his dish and squawking at me to get up. He hates it when I roll over and I'm not facing him, or I pull the covers over my head. But I'm up now and hes waiting for me to make food. Go figure

7 years 2 months ago #25285

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

So I told story about Stinky Joe the other night but I left out the best part of all! And that's how he became immortalized on google maps!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

wearing that one maroon colored shirt I always saw him in sitting on our bench too. It's no wonder we didn't wipe it down and sanitize it first after each time he'd been there. But when I discovered this I nearly died of laughter.

and now for a little gripe about the weather.................................why the fuck is it so humid today? :pinch:

7 years 2 months ago #25295

Spring has sprung!
7 years 2 months ago #25297

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

I know! And I've already declared war on the fuckin bugs :angry:

7 years 2 months ago #25298

Time to hit the park and get back into shape!

...I'll start tomorrow. Or the day after...
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 2 months ago #25304

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds