ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

Some people are blaming Tommy's revisionism as part of the delay with the new RPG's as he has to review and approve everything in them before they can go to print.

FROM TOMMY IN A.O.D. VIDEO, KEVIN FROM PALLADIUM HAD A PERSONAL FAMILY EMERGENCY THAT HAD TO PULL HIM OUT FOR AWHILE FROM FINISHING ROBOTECH.

HAS KEVIN COME OUT AND SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 month ago #15033

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Some people are blaming Tommy's revisionism as part of the delay with the new RPG's as he has to review and approve everything in them before they can go to print.

FROM TOMMY IN A.O.D. VIDEO, KEVIN FROM PALLADIUM HAD A PERSONAL FAMILY EMERGENCY THAT HAD TO PULL HIM OUT FOR AWHILE FROM FINISHING ROBOTECH.

HAS KEVIN COME OUT AND SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?

Are you talking about when his dad died last year or something more recent? He did take some time off after his dad died last year, he talked about that.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 1 month ago #15034

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

Are you talking about when his dad died last year or something more recent? He did take some time off after his dad died last year, he talked about that.

YEAH, THAT. DID NOT SEE A COMMENT OF HIS. JUST KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP AND WHY THE DELAY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 month ago #15049

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

was last form about robotech animated movie 2011 taken down. I try put information about what was said in last con up on Wikipedia but it keep getting erased. I guess not too many people know about so edited it out with out checking the source. Also Animation on display most be really small con.
13 years 1 month ago #15053

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

spark300c wrote:

was last form about robotech animated movie 2011 taken down. I try put information about what was said in last con up on Wikipedia but it keep getting erased. I guess not too many people know about so edited it out with out checking the source. Also Animation on display most be really small con.

I think it got "deleted by mistake" during an update which works out so HG doesn't see as much negativity from fans. ;)
13 years 1 month ago #15055

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I guess so. Some fans were angry that not shadow rising is not green lighted and this was. some fans were mad that it take place in the past. Some fan were mad that they only showed new footage at the cons.
I have to say is that like what I heard. I look forward to it. I heard that they cell shaded cgi give a hand drawn look. I read that cell shaded is a cheaper price than hand drawn for mecha. Most anime fans like the hand drawn look.

I guess when the new movie get a name I then try write a Wikipedia article.
this video will get us more up to date info on this tread.
13 years 1 month ago #15056

I just noticed something very interesting...

Voltron's facebook page had something along the lines of 5k "likes" (subscribers/followers) last week, after a little publicity they now have 69,362 .

Robotech's facebook page has 29,899 .

This seems to reinforce what we were saying in the old version of this thread concerning marketing and positive publicity.

13 years 3 weeks ago #15133

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Well when you have a company that wants to gather interest in their upcoming products, they'll want to leak out as much as possible to keep up momentum. Perhaps it's the Robo-Tech theory of being prudently conservative with information. Seems to work all the time.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by blackconvoy_D01.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15134

^Obviously HG doesn't want to reach the most fans/consumers. People often associate Robo-Tech with Voltron and Transformers, here is an example of how some online exposure can attract nearly 100,000 fans/consumers. Someone honestly tell me Robotech gets anywhere near that kind of visibility at the cons. Just think of the buzz they could create with little promotion and something on the Robo-Tech (by the way they need to correct it on their facebook page ;) ) page besides old art, fan art, and a diary of their con activities.

Current "Likes" on their respective facebook pages:
Voltron 92,353
Robo-Tech 29,917

I wonder if the 18 new subscribers to Robo-Tech's page are people who searched for it after signing up at Voltron's page?

BTW, my representation of the Robo-Tech Top Top Secret preview for rt2011 (posted earlier in this thrad) has had 428 hits since it was put on youtube. How many people have seen the real one at the cons?

Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 3 weeks ago #15136

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

Current "Likes" on their respective facebook pages:
Voltron 92,353
Robo-Tech 29,917

I wonder if the 18 new subscribers to Robo-Tech's page are people who searched for it after signing up at Voltron's page?

BTW, my representation of the Robo-Tech Top Top Secret preview for rt2011 (posted earlier in this thrad) has had 428 hits since it was put on youtube. How many people have seen the real one at the cons?

Those 18 people probably believe in McKeeverism. I watched your Robo-Tech rendition of the preview. You know, I actually like the comics, but HG is still going in the wrong direction by not putting out SR. I still say put the side story out, but not as your main piece of media. I have a feeling that Voltron and Thundercats will hit high marks this year. Robo-Tech should take note.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 3 weeks ago #15137

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds