ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THE LATEST NEWS!?
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Gubaba wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

So, anyone read a good book or watched anything really entertaining lately?

I saw the second Macross Frontier movie for the third time on Friday. It's pretty damn entertaining.

I enjoyed the first Macross F movie and am looking forward to seeing the second one.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 2 weeks ago #15384

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Great HG imitation! I guess Tommy jumped the gun again when he said last year that the new animated feature should be done around summer. You really have to wonder about their marketing strategy for Robo-Tech 2012. 1st HG announces a new feature no one asked for and say it'll be done, though not released, in about a year. Then HG says they're not ready to reveal any information. Then they release a "trailor" which is limited to conventions but can't show it to a larger audience cause it's not "finished" animation. And 2 months after that there's nothing new mentioned other than a documentary where 7% of the audience is sleeping like they're in school. If HG can't show something cause it's too early in production, why even mention anything? It doesn't build excitement like they think. Instead, it just makes them look inept.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15387

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

Great HG imitation! I guess Tommy jumped the gun again when he said last year that the new animated feature should be done around summer. You really have to wonder about their marketing strategy for Robo-Tech 2012. 1st HG announces a new feature no one asked for and say it'll be done, though not released, in about a year. Then HG says they're not ready to reveal any information. Then they release a "trailor" which is limited to conventions but can't show it to a larger audience cause it's not "finished" animation. And 2 months after that there's nothing new mentioned other than a documentary where 7% of the audience is sleeping like they're in school. If HG can't show something cause it's too early in production, why even mention anything? It doesn't build excitement like they think. Instead, it just makes them look inept.

EVERYONE RELEASES JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING AT CON NOWADAYS. SO FAR THERE IS NOTHING SHOWING THAT IT WON'T BE DONE.

DISTRIBUTION IS ANOTHER THING THOUGHT. YOU WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT BEING DONE WHEN REALLY YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT WHEN IT WILL BE SOLD AT YOUR NEARBY STORES TO GET IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 weeks ago #15400

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

EVERYONE RELEASES JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING AT CON NOWADAYS.

Umm, they do so at big conventions like DragonCon. I don't see any major cons listed on the Robotech Convention Tour. HG's marketing department either doesn't give a rat's ass or is run by shit-flinging retards.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15403

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HG reminds me of the traveling salesmen who showed blue movies in the 1920's :ohmy:

13 years 1 week ago #15405

CaptainJLS is back and speculates on rt2011
sdf5x.wordpress.com/

www.youtube.com/user/CaptainJLS

Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 week ago #15406

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

EVERYONE RELEASES JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING AT CON NOWADAYS. SO FAR THERE IS NOTHING SHOWING THAT IT WON'T BE DONE.

DISTRIBUTION IS ANOTHER THING THOUGHT. YOU WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT BEING DONE WHEN REALLY YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT WHEN IT WILL BE SOLD AT YOUR NEARBY STORES TO GET IT.

Well, they have to have a COMPLETED project before we can expect to buy it. And why would Tommy say it'll be done around summer only to change his answer to done sometime in 2011? Sounds like maybe there's some production issues? Once they've done that, I'll complain about why it's taking them so long to release it on DVD/Blu-Ray cause you know it'll take them for ever to set up a distribution deal. Still, I don't care when it'll be sold at stores since it'll be free online legally relatively soon after it's release.
13 years 1 week ago #15408

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Umm, they do so at big conventions like DragonCon. I don't see any major cons listed on the Robotech Convention Tour. HG's marketing department either doesn't give a rat's ass or is run by shit-flinging retards.

I think it may be the latter as it sounds like the Robotech Convention Tour doesn't do much on its own to secure a panel at a con. McKeever is always putting out a call to fans that if they want a tour stop at a convention in their area to have the con organizers call HG to set up a tour stop. Definitely a winning strategy, HG doesn't have to do any work until someone asks them too. Too bad HG won' adopt this strategy for Shadow Rising; we ask for SR but they give us a sidequel. Brilliant! ;)
13 years 1 week ago #15409

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

sdf5x.wordpress.com/

NICE. IN A NUTSHELL WHAT WE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT SINCE LAST YEAR. HE IN THE SAME BOAT AS US.

.....JUST WAITING.

THE NEXT CLUES WILL BE IN THE CHINA RELEASE OF THE TPB THIS MAY. SO WE JUST WAIT TILL THE INFO ENDS UP ONLINE.

ps99041 wrote:

I think it may be the latter as it sounds like the Robotech Convention Tour doesn't do much on its own to secure a panel at a con. McKeever is always putting out a call to fans that if they want a tour stop at a convention in their area to have the con organizers call HG to set up a tour stop. Definitely a winning strategy, HG doesn't have to do any work until someone asks them too. Too bad HG won' adopt this strategy for Shadow Rising; we ask for SR but they give us a sidequel. Brilliant! ;)

ACTUALLY THIS IS VERY COMMON IN THE INDUSTRY. HG IS NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY DOING.

FROM CONS TO PUTTING UP SHOWS IN YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIBERS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 week ago #15425

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

sdf5x.wordpress.com/

NICE. IN A NUTSHELL WHAT WE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT SINCE LAST YEAR. HE IN THE SAME BOAT AS US.

.....JUST WAITING.

JLS had contributed a lot to the fandom and franchise, he very well known and respected. From his indepth study of the various aspects of rt he most likely understands that universe as well as anyone.
He's probably in a more awkward position than any of us as he previously worked on the rt.com infopedia, appendices for the novels, and contributed to other rt related publications which included tAotSC (rt art 4). So at one time he was most likely in the know, not too long ago, now he's left to speculate based on leaks, official tidbits, and common sense like the rest of us (or in HG's case uncommon sense).
I thought it was interesting hearing someone who really knows rt explain the different ways one could interpret the hints, and how they were good or bad for the franchise.

13 years 1 week ago #15427

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds