ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

  • Posts: 302
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

I was at the Megacon panel on Sunday. Larry 'Fuzzy" hosts it. Same thing last year. (Him hosting it). It was essentially him showing the video from the Anniversary dinner. (Where can I get a copy btw?) and more of a tribute than anything.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 10 months ago #15265

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

so, hopefully we'll be hearing some Robotech news today...
12 years 10 months ago #15337

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Yeah I noticed that too. Not what I expected to say the least. As Mav would say "Robotech is back baby!" Just not in the US...
12 years 10 months ago #15340

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too. Not what I expected to say the least. As Mav would say "Robotech is back baby!" Just not in the US...

Hey I like that slogan, *Robotech is back baby... in China!*

I think its cool that China is getting a complete (it looks like all of them) release of the Wildstorm comics, and more power to the RTUCN and the Chinese publisher (Shantou University Press) for acquiring bonus material for their readers.
My gripe is HG has been reluctant to release the same promotional material for rt2011 (new animated movie) outside of China. Is it the English speaking fans fault that DC/Wildstorm decided to drop Robotech before the final TPB was released, assuming this same promotional material would have been included in it?

Hopefully HG will release this rt2011 (new animated movie) promotional material on the net shortly after it is available in China. What I actually expect is for HG to eventually show this material at the cons, making it ANOTHER con exclusive. So the fans choice becomes, go to a con or go to China. Given that choice the cons are looking a little better :laugh:

Maybe someone in China will scan and post the new material online for ALL of the fans to access. Thank you in advance. :)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 10 months ago #15341

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too. Not what I expected to say the least. As Mav would say "Robotech is back baby!" Just not in the US...

Hey I like that slogan, *Robotech is back baby... in China!*

I think its cool that China is getting a complete (it looks like all of them) release of the Wildstorm comics, and more power to the RTUCN and the Chinese publisher (Shantou University Press) for acquiring bonus material for their readers.
My gripe is HG has been reluctant to release the same promotional material for rt2011 (new animated movie) outside of China. Is it the English speaking fans fault that DC/Wildstorm decided to drop Robotech before the final TPB was released, assuming this same promotional material would have been included in it?

Hopefully HG will release this rt2011 (new animated movie) promotional material on the net shortly after it is available in China. What I actually expect is for HG to eventually show this material at the cons, making it ANOTHER con exclusive. So the fans choice becomes, go to a con or go to China. Given that choice the cons are looking a little better :laugh:

Maybe someone in China will scan and post the new material online for ALL of the fans to access. Thank you in advance. :)

It should probably be "Robo-Tech is back baby...in China!" :laugh:
Still, I'm not that upset as any promotional material can't be much since there's never been that much promotional material ever shown. That would make any material they print as "behind the scenes" type info to which Tommy, I believe, has stated in the past as being material which most fans have seen numerous times already. In addition, most of the mechanical designs would simply be modified Mospeada designs. Moreoever, if they put as much as was bragged about in the Prelude trade, we're not missing much though I'd still like trades myself.
12 years 10 months ago #15343

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

More great pics of Robo-Tech fans at another panel, this time watching documentary footage:

www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150...234880208284&theater

From the 2 pics they've posted so far there's less than 50 fans at the panel with 2 sleeping!
12 years 10 months ago #15357

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Posts: 4666
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

More great pics of Robo-Tech fans at another panel, this time watching documentary footage:

www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150...234880208284&theater

From the 2 pics they've posted so far there's less than 50 fans at the panel with 2 sleeping!

HEHEHE

ANY UPDATES?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #15359

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

More great pics of Robo-Tech fans at another panel, this time watching documentary footage:

www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150...234880208284&theater

From the 2 pics they've posted so far there's less than 50 fans at the panel with 2 sleeping!

HEHEHE

ANY UPDATES?

People watching the panel is the updates, on facebook and twitter.
One dude looks like he's texting, maybe he's actually recording the presentation to put it online... nah, more likely he's just texting, playing a game, or browsing the web.

So, anyone read a good book or watched anything really entertaining lately?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #15361

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

So, anyone read a good book or watched anything really entertaining lately?


I saw the second Macross Frontier movie for the third time on Friday. It's pretty damn entertaining.
12 years 10 months ago #15362

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • khoroshen
  • khoroshen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Posts: 303
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ps99041 wrote:

More great pics of Robo-Tech fans at another panel, this time watching documentary footage:

www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150...234880208284&theater

From the 2 pics they've posted so far there's less than 50 fans at the panel with 2 sleeping!


Awesome dog/pj's cosplayer there. RT fandom, getting better each time. :side:
12 years 10 months ago #15379

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds