ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

CaptainJLS is back and speculates on rt2011
sdf5x.wordpress.com/

NICE. IN A NUTSHELL WHAT WE BEEN GOING ON ABOUT SINCE LAST YEAR. HE IN THE SAME BOAT AS US.

.....JUST WAITING.

JLS had contributed a lot to the fandom and franchise, he very well known and respected. From his indepth study of the various aspects of rt he most likely understands that universe as well as anyone.
He's probably in a more awkward position than any of us as he previously worked on the rt.com infopedia, appendices for the novels, and contributed to other rt related publications which included tAotSC (rt art 4). So at one time he was most likely in the know, not too long ago, now he's left to speculate based on leaks, official tidbits, and common sense like the rest of us (or in HG's case uncommon sense).
I thought it was interesting hearing someone who really knows rt explain the different ways one could interpret the hints, and how they were good or bad for the franchise.

A LOT OF US DON'T GET THAT EXTRA TIBITS LIKE IN THE PAST. WHY WE ALL LEFT TO SPECULATE. HG HAS SHOWN TO CLOSE THAT DOOR AFTER LAST YEAR PRIOR TO SHADOW CHRONICLES.

I AM GLAD HE IS BACK. BUT YOU AND HIM WILL ALSO GIVE YOUR INPUT AS THE INFO DEVELOPS OF 2011.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 weeks ago #15429

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THE NEXT CLUES WILL BE IN THE CHINA RELEASE OF THE TPB THIS MAY. SO WE JUST WAIT TILL THE INFO ENDS UP ONLINE.

I'm not expecting very much from the China TPBs, the unpublished material and rt2011 stuff is probably just fluff that won't amount anything substantial. For example a pic of Tommy visiting Tats again or sitting at a computer supposedly working on rt2011, informative and exciting revelations, right.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

I think it may be the latter as it sounds like the Robotech Convention Tour doesn't do much on its own to secure a panel at a con. McKeever is always putting out a call to fans that if they want a tour stop at a convention in their area to have the con organizers call HG to set up a tour stop. Definitely a winning strategy, HG doesn't have to do any work until someone asks them too. Too bad HG won' adopt this strategy for Shadow Rising; we ask for SR but they give us a sidequel. Brilliant! ;)

ACTUALLY THIS IS VERY COMMON IN THE INDUSTRY. HG IS NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY DOING.

FROM CONS TO PUTTING UP SHOWS IN YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIBERS.

Seriously, other companies sit on their arses waiting for fans to set up public appearances for them, sure they do ;) :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15430

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

Seriously, other companies sit on their arses waiting for fans to set up public appearances for them, sure they do ;) :laugh:

Doesn't this question McKeever's statement "HG is fully committed to Robo-Tech"? My take on "fully committed" would require HG to be actively contacting convention organizers AROUND THE WORLD to set up tour stops. I would think this feat would be much easier this year by simply telling the cons that HG will present new Robo-Tech footage only at cons on the tour as the con could then use this as a marketing tool.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15432

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Doesn't this question McKeever's statement "HG is fully committed to Robo-Tech"? My take on "fully committed" would require HG to be actively contacting convention organizers AROUND THE WORLD to set up tour stops. I would think this feat would be much easier this year by simply telling the cons that HG will present new Robo-Tech footage only at cons on the tour as the con could then use this as a marketing tool.

Maybe con organizers wanted to see the new con exclusive footage first and everyone knows they can only show it at the cons, or maybe their new con exclusive wasn't impressive enough to get them invited.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15433

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

rtsurfer wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Maybe con organizers wanted to see the new con exclusive footage first and everyone knows they can only show it at the cons, or maybe their new con exclusive wasn't impressive enough to get them invited.

Y'know, we should just make our own tour: The Robo-Tech Fan Convention Tour. We could show your trailer featuring comic footage and I'll bring pics of my collection! :woohoo:
13 years 2 weeks ago #15434

Hum... interesting idea although we'd probably get a c&d from HG.

13 years 2 weeks ago #15436

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

rtsurfer wrote:

Hence, we change the name to Robo-Tech B) It would be like that Megacon tribute panel. We could make sure we only attend conventions that The Robotech Tour doesn't attend. Too bad my work schedule wouldn't be able to fit this in but it's nice to dream...
13 years 2 weeks ago #15440

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

rtsurfer wrote:

I wonder why HG's HR dept won't put a cease and desist on McKeever's blogging during working hours.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by blackconvoy_D01.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15442

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

I wonder why HG's HR dept won't put a cease and desist on McKeever's blogging during working hours.

That's what I was thinking too but I guess when you aren't actively trying to add Tour dates yourself to the schedule, there isn't much else to do since McKeever's got HG believing the less is more marketing approach is best.
13 years 2 weeks ago #15451

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: I'm almost embarrased to ask but....

I have to ask in all honesty. If the new side sotry were to be actually LLA, would you buy it?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
13 years 2 weeks ago #15462

Time to create page: 0.444 seconds