ROBOTECH "LOVE LIVE ALIVE" 2013

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

ACTUALLY IT WAS AIRED A WHILE BACK IN CARTOON NETWORK. THE NETWORKS KEPT MOVING THE TIME FRAME AND EPISODES AROUND THAT IT WAS HARD TO FOLLOW.

BAD. REALLY BAD.

SO TO GET IT IN ADULT SWIM WHERE ITS EVERYTHING GOES YOU MIGHT NOT GET WHAT YOU WANT WITH THE NEW MOVIE.

MAH. STRAIGHT TO DVD FOR MORE GANGBUSTERS.

:P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16094

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

Say what you will about AS, although I read/heard somewhere that at least two series came back from the dead because of AS and a couple more had rating increases on their home network after they also started airing on AS.

Memo, thinking like yours is why Robotech's brand is diminishing while other 80's series are making huge comebacks. Yeah I know, we will have to agree to disagree.
How many copies of Shadow Chronicles have been sold?

Robotech has been on CN and IIRC in the AS time period before AS was created. I believe each time Robotech aired CN skipped episodes or abruptly jumped back to Macross Saga before completing all three sagas. Then there was the robot week in the early 2000's where they showed I think five episodes from Macross Saga and New Gen, apparently HG was using this opportunity to establish its new continuity timeline by adding a date to NG which hadn't been there before.

In an interview once, Macek said he doubted Robotech would air on CN again as they would never be willing to pay what HG would want.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16100

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

There is also the possibility that Robotech is old animation. Older shows don't due well on t.v. guys. We have to accept this. Only "older" shows that would do ok are some anime from the mid to late 90's that have a decent look such as Gundam Wing. Shows nowadays have to look good to be appealing to masses/kids.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
12 years 11 months ago #16101

Don't forget we are talking about the new 2011 project, not the original tv series. Apparently some people thought I meant the original 85 episodes. What it looks like would have some effect on how well its received on tv, that was why I suggested chopping it up and adding entertaining commentary. Also, if it does resemble the original tv series it would likely do better in one of ASs 15 min blocks. Maybe it wouldn't work this way but if it did you could potentially draw in thousands of new fans, plus you would still have sales from direct to DVD or online distribution.

12 years 11 months ago #16103

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: HG ROBOTECH "2011" (NO NAME AS OF YET) PROJECT

If the new Robotech 11' were to be aired on adult swim, I don't see how it would fit the programming block. As it stands A.S. airs King of the Hill, American Dad, Family Guy, Aqua Teen, and Squidbillies. Other shows such as Sealab and Metalocalypse fit thast mold.

I think Saturdays are the only day they air anime on A.S. anymore. As a whole I imagine A.S. doesn't get as many viewers as it used to due to the line-up.

I am a firm believer that an "after school" anime block like Toonami will be the best thing to happen to the N.American anime industry. Toonami was a big factor in the anime growth of the early to mid 2000's. Since it's demise, anime has suffered here. Exposure begets sales. For an animated series to succeed, DVDs/videos or merchandise have to sell (or the show has to have ridiculous ratings.) RT needs a viable series to get exposure and a toyline to support it IMO. Approach CN to get a show and maybe some other titles in a 2 hour block between 4 P.M. and 6 P.M. and boom, you get a solid block that will be watched.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Richardmvela.
12 years 11 months ago #16105

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic the first image from new animated movie in production

Tribute to Carl Macek and new screenshot from the new animated movie in production.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.218022...3824.164776660201259
12 years 11 months ago #16109

Can't see that facebook pic here at work, what is it of?
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Richardmvela.
12 years 11 months ago #16111

Richardmvela wrote:

Can't see that facebook pic here at work, what is it of?

Its a two page black background with a nighttime Earth on the left page, eastern half of North America is full of lights. There is a film strip above the Earth and Zor's fiery SDF from the Robotech facebook page is in the center of the two pages as it approaches Earth. The right page has Chinese text with Carl Macek and other HG employee's names in English.

12 years 11 months ago #16112

Oh so the pic he showed was it, gotcha. I misunderstood. I was under the impression that the facebook link was supposed to be a different picture. And are we sure that is a pic from the new project?
12 years 11 months ago #16113

Richardmvela wrote:

Oh so the pic he showed was it, gotcha. I misunderstood. I was under the impression that the facebook link was supposed to be a different picture. And are we sure that is a pic from the new project?

The fiery SDF appears to be the same, Earth appears to be different and the image that's been on Facebook since Jan 2010 has a VF-1 near the edge.
The pic he showed was a photo of a two page layout in one of the new Chinese TPBs, he has a facebook album showing photos of the new books.
I don't know if the layout says its from the new animated project (rt2011) or if someone with HG told him, maybe he will explain how he knows.

Here's the image from the Chinese tpb:

Here's Robotech's Facebook Page avatar:

12 years 11 months ago #16115
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds